FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480333 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2415 on: Aug 08, 2016, 06:54 AM »
Looks like the tourney was tough. The weights were low even for the guys who managed 5 fish.

You would think the eyes would be fat from eating gobies. It seems like they aren't eating many gobies though?

perch-hound

« Reply #2416 on: Aug 08, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Fished yesterday, been a few weeks since I've been up. Started off south shore(30'), drifted toward lake port, nothing..
moved toward north shore out in front of Godfrey, two miles out, drifted from 119 to 117, nothing.
Went east to 113, drifted east, nothing. Went back toward south shore west of lewis, drifted, nothing.
Had four rods dragging with jigs/worms, and casted bucktails, sonars while drifting, I give up.
Oh yeah, saw that infamous blue lund with big black motor out there, a skinny stud jigging on the bow.
Pretty sure I know who that was. Wanted to swing by and say hello, but knew you guys were tourneying it.

Jakep138

« Reply #2417 on: Aug 08, 2016, 08:23 AM »
To say the tourney yesterday was rough is an understatement . Very tough conditions we placed 8th with 2 fish ... At 4.54 pounds . 2 keepers 2 shorts . Our big fish was 3.19 pounds 20 inches . Fattest fish I've got all year .. Pretty sad . Hoping the fall is good to us . Very low on my numbers compared to years past

Just put me on ice and ill find water!

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #2418 on: Aug 08, 2016, 08:57 AM »
WOW...congrats on catching two Jake! I am in the marina that you guys launched out of yesterday. People are excited if they catch one or two.  If we didn't need to get home I wanted to see how you guys did....8th for two fish says it all. This might be my last year on Oneida full time since we live half a mile from cross lake and I can probably catch a Pike dinner there and not drive 45 minutes one way?????  I have not caught a walleye in five outings now???? I'm tempted to start bass/pickerel fishing :)

filetandrelease

« Reply #2419 on: Aug 08, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Good job Jake , we landed 3 with only 1 keeper but did dump a few which was very costly  , it's tough for sure , out of 30 boats there were only 5 limits  ,and all good fishermen , the easy bite is over , lots of room to fish these days
Hound  you should have came over maybe it would have brought us some luck

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2420 on: Aug 08, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Nice fish Jake!  Heat of the summer makes it tough to even move...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

perch-hound

« Reply #2421 on: Aug 08, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Hound  you should have came over maybe it would have brought us some luck
HAH!  ;D
 I'm fresh out of it Fred, would have been nice to say hello though!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2422 on: Aug 08, 2016, 12:55 PM »
HAH!  ;D
 I'm fresh out of it Fred, would have been nice to say hello though!
I don't know about that , I have 2 buds  that give me a good luck call when they are struggling , funny part it works 90%Of the time lol

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2423 on: Aug 08, 2016, 04:31 PM »
I don't know about that , I have 2 buds  that give me a good luck call when they are struggling , funny part it works 90%Of the time lol
Nice fish Jake!!
Nice job findin em

wallyworld

« Reply #2424 on: Aug 08, 2016, 06:06 PM »
Fished all morning, 6 poles in the water, spinners, spoons, stick baits..........not a dang hit on anything!!!! What a tough season this has been. Sure hope fall and winter are kinder to us all.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2425 on: Aug 08, 2016, 06:22 PM »

Time will tell WW , I think the winter will be ok maybe not on fire like the last few years , but doable

aj454

« Reply #2426 on: Aug 09, 2016, 09:13 AM »
after reading how slow it is I don't feel to bad about my 2hr. drive on Saturday which cost me 60 dollars in gas, faced 3 to 4 foot swells pounding my little 15 foot tri hull, waves splashing over the bow, north west wind howling at 20mph. and managed 1 18 inch keeper with 3 rods out bottom bouncing a harness. Jigged a bucktail also. that was unreal.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2427 on: Aug 09, 2016, 02:28 PM »
Aj , you did a lot better than most , nice fish

wallyworld

« Reply #2428 on: Aug 09, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Got out today and finally put some fish in the boat again....5 eyes (16"-25") and 1 nice perch  :)   Only thing is......they weren't out of Oneida  :-[   

filetandrelease

« Reply #2429 on: Aug 09, 2016, 07:03 PM »

Nice job WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.