FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480223 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3195 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:57 AM »
Thanks guys! Yeah they aren't fun at all lol
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3196 on: Apr 18, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Thanks guys! Yeah they aren't fun at all lol
Nope, specialy not with the lil guy :)

fishinjohn

« Reply #3197 on: Apr 18, 2017, 04:00 PM »
A buddy of mine told me yesterday that he was told that the numbers of stocked eyes were doubled this year.. Anybody else hear this?

reeleyz

« Reply #3198 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:15 PM »
A buddy of mine told me yesterday that he was told that the numbers of stocked eyes were doubled this year.. Anybody else hear this?

Not sure about them doubling the stocking but they did plan on taking in the maximum amount of eggs. I want to say the goal was 324 million. That was to try and make up for the shortfall last year.

UglyStik

« Reply #3199 on: Apr 18, 2017, 06:34 PM »
Got out to do some recon today. Locks at Caughdenoy are all open and at full bore. Stopped at Lock 23, no perch for me, action was slow for the few there. Good news, it looks like your channel markers are on the way:......

Stopped at the hatchery in CantStandYa, always wanted to see it, very impressive.

Fished a little at Toad Harbor, again it was slow. Water temp on my digital thermometer was 51.75 degrees. Crappie bite should be picking up fast and soon.
Grabbed a trashbag and my newest aquisition, a Dollar Store grabber and policed the lot. Filled a bag in 5 minutes. Done! :)

Stopped by Godfrey, no docks in yet, lake was glass. It would have been awesome to be out there today.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3200 on: Apr 18, 2017, 09:10 PM »

Well done UglyStik on picking up ,

Old Timer

« Reply #3201 on: Apr 19, 2017, 07:06 AM »
I stopped at the hatchery Monday. They were releasing the last 3 tanks of eyes. Other Workers were straining the eggs from the jars to get the clumps out. Not many and not a lot of them. Was told they fell a little short on the number of eggs collected. Success of season won't be known until they see the number of fry that result from total take but I didnt see many white ( bad ) eggs.  I noticed some of the eyes in the tanks had bad eyes. Guy said that it was a bacterial infection that would clear after a couple weeks of being back in the lake.

fishinjohn

« Reply #3202 on: Apr 19, 2017, 08:01 AM »
I stopped at the hatchery Monday. They were releasing the last 3 tanks of eyes. Other Workers were straining the eggs from the jars to get the clumps out. Not many and not a lot of them. Was told they fell a little short on the number of eggs collected. Success of season won't be known until they see the number of fry that result from total take but I didnt see many white ( bad ) eggs.  I noticed some of the eyes in the tanks had bad eyes. Guy said that it was a bacterial infection that would clear after a couple weeks of being back in the lake.
I think it'd be a great experience to stop and visit the hatchery in the spring...  Working in the fish department is a job that I should've pursued and mad that I did not

UglyStik

« Reply #3203 on: Apr 19, 2017, 03:55 PM »
It was very interesting and I recommend it, make time and do it.
I went out today with Carpenters Brook Hatchery and volunteered to stock. Never did it before either. It was fun, got to see lots of spots I had no idea existed. Here is some pics.

One of the other volunteers:

The browns, lots of 2 yr olds today.

The Unibomber:

Thats all. Bullheading tomorrow night.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3204 on: Apr 19, 2017, 04:11 PM »

Great pics thanks for sharing

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3205 on: Apr 19, 2017, 05:14 PM »
That's cool! Great pics.
Nice job findin em

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3206 on: Apr 19, 2017, 05:42 PM »
Nice UglyStik, that looks like a lot more fun than what I did today.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

UglyStik

« Reply #3207 on: Apr 19, 2017, 06:43 PM »
It was a blast but I am definitely feeling it now. Climbed in and out of the tall truck 100x over. Not all were roadside deposits so there was alot of trudging with a full bucket over distances thru thick brush, hills, etc. Rained pretty hard the last two hours so we were soaked. Took a net handle to the face, thankful I had the safety shades on or it would have been a shiner or a gusher. :) I am definitely not 20 anymore.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3208 on: Apr 19, 2017, 07:45 PM »
I have  helped  carpenters  brook a  few  times  and it is fun  but the buckets do get heavy good job ugly and thank you very much  and thanks to  all that have  helped support  the hatchery
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3209 on: Apr 19, 2017, 09:17 PM »
It's a look into what people go through to make sure our waters are stocked. A big thanks to all the people, especially volunteers that take the time to replenish our resources! It definitely doesn't sound like an easy job
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.