FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480331 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3210 on: Apr 20, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Nice pics Uglystik and thanks for volunteering your time.

CHEZ2

« Reply #3211 on: Apr 20, 2017, 05:58 AM »
Great story.
Thanks for the Pics.

step2jimi

« Reply #3212 on: Apr 20, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Great work volunteers.

UglyStik

« Reply #3213 on: Apr 22, 2017, 12:05 PM »
Bullheading got rained out Thursday night, so I went up yesterday afternoon and tried to locate some crappies or perch but failed. Tried lakeshore, then went out front there to see if there were any bullheads, nada. Went down to Chapman, lake was somewhat calm and I had the pier to myself, thought I had it made. Weather turned, wind and waves kicked up and I left in about 45 minutes. Tried another spot on South Shore and bingo, they were catching bullheads. Had a blast, caught 3 silver bass, a sheepshead, and I lost count of how many bullhead. I kept six for cooking.

Action was fast, I initially had two rods out and that turned into a comic disaster with both rods getting hit, trying to land one and the other fires and tanlges into it. Cut back to one rod, but with two hooks that even proved to be a little much to handle. A good problem to have after the poor fall, bad winter, and flooded trout season.

If you were looking to take your kids somewhere fishing, I think the bullheading would be the ticket. You'll get hits and catch fish. Just be careful of the fins  ;D.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #3214 on: Apr 22, 2017, 12:36 PM »
some nice bullheads,great photo,thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3215 on: Apr 22, 2017, 01:55 PM »
Thanks for the report and pic! They are a blast
Nice job findin em

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #3216 on: Apr 22, 2017, 04:43 PM »
Bullheading got rained out Thursday night, so I went up yesterday afternoon and tried to locate some crappies or perch but failed. Tried lakeshore, then went out front there to see if there were any bullheads, nada. Went down to Chapman, lake was somewhat calm and I had the pier to myself, thought I had it made. Weather turned, wind and waves kicked up and I left in about 45 minutes. Tried another spot on South Shore and bingo, they were catching bullheads. Had a blast, caught 3 silver bass, a sheepshead, and I lost count of how many bullhead. I kept six for cooking.

Action was fast, I initially had two rods out and that turned into a comic disaster with both rods getting hit, trying to land one and the other fires and tanlges into it. Cut back to one rod, but with two hooks that even proved to be a little much to handle. A good problem to have after the poor fall, bad winter, and flooded trout season.

If you were looking to take your kids somewhere fishing, I think the bullheading would be the ticket. You'll get hits and catch fish. Just be careful of the fins  ;D.

There are few things I miss about NY, BUT Onieda is HIGH on a very short list. Gramps had a camp, the first one next to the park on Muskrat Bay. Used to numb the bullheads there. Thanks for the post and memories! They call bullheads “horn pout” and trash up here. I think I know where there are some good ones! Next week, I see a night out! Thanks again!
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

filetandrelease

« Reply #3217 on: Apr 23, 2017, 05:41 AM »

CLamfarmer good luck with those little whiskers

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #3218 on: Apr 23, 2017, 05:52 AM »
CLamfarmer good luck with those little whiskers
Thanks! Getting the lantern and pole out today!
I seem to remember nightwaklers were best early, then you needed crayfish or shrimp. NOBDOY fishes bullheads here.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3219 on: Apr 23, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Good luck Clamfarmer. I'm going to give it a shot tonight
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #3220 on: Apr 23, 2017, 03:36 PM »
Took a little time out to chase a few stream trout today , weather was nice and no black flies , only kept 2 and tossed back a few , bigger 1 was just a touch over 2#s , the stream I hit was still quite high so it took a little maneuvering to land them , now to finish raking  up the branches from the 2 trees I blocked up other day ,🙁

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3221 on: Apr 23, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Glad you got out and had some success Fred!
Nice job findin em

UglyStik

« Reply #3222 on: Apr 23, 2017, 04:49 PM »
Trout? I hit Skaneateles today....

I can stop anytime I want to.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3223 on: Apr 23, 2017, 04:55 PM »
Nice bow U-S ,

reeleyz

« Reply #3224 on: Apr 23, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Nice job Fred and nice bow Ugkystik!

I took the wife and oldest boy for a boat ride this afternoon. I found a spot with some decent perch. I hooked a few jigging a #5 rap and let my son bring them in. We released them but I might sneak back out soon with some minnows.  ;D

Just a perfect day to be on the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.