FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480168 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3345 on: May 08, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Very cool on the youngster winning the derby!  I haven't posted anything on here in a while, I haven't fished as much as I would like this spring but I have had a couple good outings this Spring.  Cheeks and I did well on the Perch one day. I got my cousin and his son out for Browns and I was able to put my little cousin on a brown...I didn't make it out for the Walleye opener, I got called into work but I braved the rain and wind yesterday and managed 2 Pike, 2 chunky Smallies and 5 Lake Ontario eyes.  7 of the 9 fish came on my hand painted lures...I never found the big hogs but I did manage to bring home a limit of nice eaters. The biggest was 22"...cold nasty weather is always better when you can find fish.  I read back a bit, great reports and stories.  The flooding is out of control, so many businesses and homes/camps are in trouble...A few pics from Spring of 2017 with UNCURSED passengers...

Great looking fish, love the kid pic!  Tough looking conditions, was going to go there, glad I stayed south of Oneida.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Jakep138

« Reply #3346 on: May 08, 2017, 07:17 AM »
nice job out there guys. I post the good with the bad. My weekend was extremely rough... Saturday didn't make it out til 830 am or so and managed 4 eyes with the biggest being 18. all of my fish came deep 25-28 FOW, then Sunday got the big ole goose egg on the eyes but managed a few perch to salvage the trip before being blown off the east end..... oh well that's fishing back at it this week sorry for the lack of pictures this time my phone was a little waterlogged from the weekend.. tight lines guys
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

Jakep138

« Reply #3347 on: May 08, 2017, 07:20 AM »
and the eyes I did get were choking on YOY perch.... that should help some of you out hopefully

filetandrelease

« Reply #3348 on: May 08, 2017, 07:24 AM »
and the eyes I did get were choking on YOY perch.... that should help some of you out hopefully
Oh stop it lol , well done jake , did you have that good looking co- captain with you ?

reeleyz

« Reply #3349 on: May 08, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Nice job Hunt and Jake!

That sticker did the trick Scott!  ;D

Jakep138

« Reply #3350 on: May 08, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Oh stop it lol , well done jake , did you have that good looking co- captain with you ?

unfortunately I didn't have my good looking co captain with me.. Maybe that was the problem?  ;D she is usually my good luck charm....

filetandrelease

« Reply #3351 on: May 08, 2017, 08:06 AM »
I was there that day while she was perch fishing with you , she did bring you great luck , the way I see it your a lucky man 👍🏻And she even felt sorry for some old homeless looking guy and fed him to 😜

Jakep138

« Reply #3352 on: May 08, 2017, 08:24 AM »
I was there that day while she was perch fishing with you , she did bring you great luck , the way I see it your a lucky man 👍🏻And she even felt sorry for some old homeless looking guy and fed him to 😜
yes sir she's  a keeper!!!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3353 on: May 08, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Fishes and food, has to be a keeper....h2l

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #3354 on: May 08, 2017, 11:02 AM »
Good report and nice pictures. I don't miss the call ins to work. Sold the tracker to my nephew and picked up a new 2016 Lund Fury 1625 tiller. 50hp Merc CT, big tiller handle, HB Helix 7...etc. Haven't fished it yet but did shake down last Thursday. I like it. Should get some fish in later this week....h2l

Lets see some pics of the new ride!  Sounds like a perfect fishing machine!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #3355 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03 AM »
Nice job Hunt and Jake!

That sticker did the trick Scott!  ;D

Ha ha...the sticker definitely didn't hurt...looks pretty good on the Chevy
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Looper

« Reply #3356 on: May 09, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Did the water level take a big jump up?  Hearing it's up a foot since the weekend.

L

fishfighter

• The one that got away is always bigger!
« Reply #3357 on: May 09, 2017, 11:05 AM »
Does anyone know on here know if the new access launch site to Sandy Pond is accessible with the high water/rain?  We are looking to go on Thursday and didn't want to make the long trip for nothing.  Thanks, FF

pauly6777

« Reply #3358 on: May 09, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Did the water level take a big jump up?  Hearing it's up a foot since the weekend.

L

It was up when I left Monday. Had to raise the dock as the NW wind had waves crashing over the dock.

oneida1

« Reply #3359 on: May 10, 2017, 08:26 AM »
lakes up about a foot from sunday seems to be peaked tho,,, and staying steady, watch for debris some docks and stuff floating around

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.