FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480525 times)

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3495 on: May 29, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Everyone please take some time today to remember all the curagious men and women from our military that died while protecting this great country. Never forget! 🇺🇸

:flag: :flag: :flag:

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #3496 on: May 29, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Hey guys just read the last ten or so pages. Nice reports! Ive been spending all of my time on the west end this year. The few weeks leading up to walleye opener i was filling The freezer with big sunfish. Ive been pulling some eyes out on the west end in 13-18 ft of water the last few weeks. All of my fish have come on 1/2 oz perch XPS blades and the occasional worm harness. There seems to be a good batch of perch going this year. Last trip out (Wednesday) I checked some of my sunfish spots after I finished up walleye fishing. They are starting to bed up now. I will probably throw a few more limits of them in my freezer before i start my usual north shore june outings. Stay safe out there eveybody and tight lines!
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

reeleyz

« Reply #3497 on: May 30, 2017, 05:28 AM »
Any thoughts on the gobies affecting the sunfish spawn? Just curious.

hinkydo

« Reply #3498 on: May 30, 2017, 05:49 AM »
Hey guys just read the last ten or so pages. Nice reports! Ive been spending all of my time on the west end this year. The few weeks leading up to walleye opener i was filling The freezer with big sunfish. Ive been pulling some eyes out on the west end in 13-18 ft of water the last few weeks. All of my fish have come on 1/2 oz perch XPS blades and the occasional worm harness. There seems to be a good batch of perch going this year. Last trip out (Wednesday) I checked some of my sunfish spots after I finished up walleye fishing. They are starting to bed up now. I will probably throw a few more limits of them in my freezer before i start my usual north shore june outings. Stay safe out there eveybody and tight lines!
Way to get in to them Chief, I was getting nice perch till they shut the launches down, high water.
Big boat in the water, Cape Vincent found a few northerns and perch fishing there.

hinkydo

Pequod1

« Reply #3499 on: May 30, 2017, 05:50 AM »
From what I have seen of them over the years, gobies like a gravel like bottom structure more than the mud bottoms sunnies spawn in. They also don't seem to go as shallow as sunfish.  There still might be a few but I don't think enough to effect the sunnies. But, of course, just my observations.

reeleyz

« Reply #3500 on: May 30, 2017, 07:10 AM »
From what I have seen of them over the years, gobies like a gravel like bottom structure more than the mud bottoms sunnies spawn in. They also don't seem to go as shallow as sunfish.  There still might be a few but I don't think enough to effect the sunnies. But, of course, just my observations.

That is good news.

Chowdaire

« Reply #3501 on: May 30, 2017, 07:21 AM »
In the SLR in the summer I've seen gobies covering the bottom in 3-5fow. Rocky though, not mud.

reeleyz

« Reply #3502 on: May 30, 2017, 10:08 AM »
Probably because the mussels are on the rocks.

mcully

« Reply #3503 on: May 30, 2017, 11:03 AM »
Fishing mid lake along south shore I haven't caught a goby yet this year. The perch have been pretty nice and the eyes tough to come by in numbers. Caught two keepers yesterday one in 30' and another in 15'. Half dozen perch too. Blades and jigging raps

Looper

« Reply #3504 on: May 30, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Fishing mid lake along south shore I haven't caught a goby yet this year. The perch have been pretty nice and the eyes tough to come by in numbers. Caught two keepers yesterday one in 30' and another in 15'. Half dozen perch too. Blades and jigging raps

I fish the same area basically, between mid lake and Lewis Point and I haven't had a goby yet either.  Although I'm not using worms on the bottom, mostly jigging raps.

L

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #3505 on: May 31, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Yo Chief,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for sharing. I haven't been out fishing the west end at all this year. I dropped the new (old) Sea Ray in at Oneida Shores just for my initial test run, but haven't been anywhere near the west end so far. I did hit Salmon River res last Saturday and picked up some perch and a couple short Walleyes drifting near the CCC road. 

Back to Oneida tomorrow. I'm trying to coax "Oldtimer" into hitting the water with me tomorrow. He hasn't called back yet. Yo Hinkydo, you sure get around bud. Drop me a pm will ya?

pimplepounder

« Reply #3506 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12 AM »
I need some help from the guys up around Oneida lake.....on the 9th 10th and 11th of June head up to the lake area to do some camping and will be fishing all 3 days looking for a campground in the area and with dock space that would be even better any ideas would be greatly appreciated...thank you

Chowdaire

« Reply #3507 on: May 31, 2017, 11:49 AM »
I think Charley's could be an option. Haven't been there in years myself though.

http://www.oneidalakefishin.com/index.html

filetandrelease

« Reply #3508 on: May 31, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Chowdaire what's the name of the place just east of Godfrey
Is it ABC camp grounds ?

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3509 on: May 31, 2017, 01:48 PM »
 Charley's does look like a good option, I've been looking at doing the same PP. Looks to be protected docking, a big plus for early morning fishing. Any others to look into guys?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.