FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480181 times)

Chowdaire

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3510 on: May 31, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Chowdaire what's the name of the place just east of Godfrey
Is it ABC camp grounds ?

ABC - Angler's Bay Campgrounds is the one east of Godfrey.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3511 on: May 31, 2017, 02:26 PM »

Thanks chowdaire ,

reeleyz

« Reply #3512 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Charlie's is perfect for camping and he's got a bait shop right there.

pimplepounder

« Reply #3513 on: May 31, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Thank you guys for the feedback very appreciated is Charlies on east or west end of the lake

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #3514 on: May 31, 2017, 03:42 PM »
 It's on the North West end, Toad Harbor.

oneida1

« Reply #3515 on: May 31, 2017, 09:44 PM »
well still cant find the eyes perch are still good to go

pimplepounder

« Reply #3516 on: Jun 01, 2017, 06:05 AM »
Thanks guys for the suggestions looking forward to getting away and maybe a fish fry over a campfire

jlucky

« Reply #3517 on: Jun 01, 2017, 10:50 AM »
I need some help from the guys up around Oneida lake.....on the 9th 10th and 11th of June head up to the lake area to do some camping and will be fishing all 3 days looking for a campground in the area and with dock space that would be even better any ideas would be greatly appreciated...thank you
http://oneidapinescampground.com/Three Pines Lodging and Marina has slips and safe harbor have used both great spot on the east end
https://www.vrbo.com/4495210ha

filetandrelease

« Reply #3518 on: Jun 01, 2017, 11:34 AM »

Barry's  place (3pines) is a great place if your looking for lodging and a boat slip ,

eyedoctor

« Reply #3519 on: Jun 01, 2017, 07:53 PM »
fished today west side of lakeport bay drifting in 30ft of water. caught 5 walleye of which only one was a keeper, added 5 nice perch though. Used sonars and jigging raps and drug a worm. Water got a little bumpy around noon.so called it a day.

reeleyz

« Reply #3520 on: Jun 01, 2017, 09:07 PM »
Sounds like a nice meal to me eyedoctor!

Old Timer

« Reply #3521 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Got put with Jboggey yesterday. Great time, good weather and a nice chop. He worked hard to put us on some fish, he located them but they sure were toght lipped.     Boggey, nice meeting up with you and thanks for the good time....

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #3522 on: Jun 02, 2017, 06:19 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Well, Oldtimer and I finally got a chance to hit Oneida together. With the bad weather and all, we at least chose a day when it wasn't  raining. The wind, however was a different story. She howled pretty good by noon, so much so, the white caps and the pounding of the waves let us cancel our sojourn to assault the walleye population. Talking about assaulting the walleye population. We did not do so well in that respect. Oldtimer did manage to keep the boat members from being skunked, by jigging up a nice 20 incher with shoulders, which means old Boggey did get skunked in the walleye category. I did manage a couple of perch to assuage my damaged ego, still, all was not lost. Despite the conditions. Oldtimer and I had an entire morning to discuss children, grand kids, great wives, a plethora of fishing techniques and the price of tea in China. I can't proceed with this story till I mention Oldtimer is an avid bass fisherman .

Having said that, Oldtimer continued to regale me with his exploits, both here and in Florida of his relentless battle with the Large Mouth, which I would say he won about 20 or 30 years ago. I was fascinated with his keen memory and wit ,retelling of people he has met and places he has been over a lifetime. I learned about the "wacky worm" and many other interesting secrets of catchin them bass.  I have to admit, even though Oldtimer is a few years my senior, he is no less active and has a far better recollection of events from the past.  In short, Oldtimer is my new idol. I hope in seven years, I am half the man he is. I think next time out we will chose a little better weather and we can target some of them bass and  put into practice all them "secret bass techniques" he told me about.

Thanks Dave for a fun and memorable day on the water and making the best of a real windy day.

pimplepounder

« Reply #3523 on: Jun 02, 2017, 05:42 PM »
That's good stuff JBoggey that's what its all about...I just book Oneida pines campsite for Thursday Friday and saturday night of this upcoming week let me know if any if you guys are gonna be out fishing or in the area we can meet up for a beer and thanks for the suggestions

monkeyman2269

« Reply #3524 on: Jun 04, 2017, 11:21 AM »
I bought some blade baits no luck so far. Do u jig up and down or cast and real slow?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.