FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480166 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #4096 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:52 PM »
That is a monster!

I wonder how many state record sheep have been tossed back in?

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4097 on: Aug 24, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Thanks Dom,  really huge fish.

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #4098 on: Aug 24, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Talked to the Sheriff parked in front of my mothers house, the search is still ongoing for lost kayaker. Visibility is 6" at the shore and pretty bumpy past the point. Condolences to the family.

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #4099 on: Aug 24, 2017, 10:37 AM »
Reportedly body of kayaker was found near Verona Beach. Just a shame when an adventure turns to tragedy.

reeleyz

« Reply #4100 on: Aug 24, 2017, 11:52 AM »
That is sad news.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

filetandrelease

« Reply #4101 on: Aug 24, 2017, 12:36 PM »

Our thoughts go out to the family and friends

iceman260

« Reply #4102 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4103 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:29 PM »
Yo Guys & gals,

Fished out of Godfrey's today with my good friend Perry T.  We were chasing eyes all day , but came up short, catching only shorts. I picked right up where I left off last week , catching sheepsheads. Still we had a great day on the water catching up with all that has happened since the last time we hooked up. It got a little choppy at lunch time , but we stayed out and drifted , dragging some worms and occasionally jigging with the raps.

A big celebration for Perry as he is a brand new , first time grand pappy on Thursday. A very proud Grand Dad to Louie, 6 pounds and 13 ounces.  Congratz my friend and with proper training you can have a life time fishing partner.  Oh, by the way, we got skunked on the eyes but managed a half pail of perch which  he is probably cleaning at this writing. Again, Perry, congratulations on the  grand son .

filetandrelease

« Reply #4104 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Nothing wrong with a 1/2 pail of stripers , by the way I like catching eyes but prefer eating yellow fillets over eyes

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #4105 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:59 PM »
Any hints on catching the perch? Jigging or drifting worms? Thanks...had a slow day on port bay no keeper crappie and only dozen gills tons of dink everything too.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4106 on: Aug 26, 2017, 04:29 AM »
Yo IceJohn,

Check your PM's bud. How are you doing?

Old Timer

« Reply #4107 on: Aug 27, 2017, 04:33 AM »
The wife broke a hip a month ago so I have been pretty much house bound since. She is doing great so got out with son yesterday.  Amazing action but fish were very localized in small spots on the larger favorite spots. Several times I had 5 to 7 fish in as many casts and many double hook ups.  All kinds of fish in same areas. Eyes, Perch, Bass, Drum, Silvers and even some Rockies and Crappies.  Lots of short eyes , sorted out limit of 18 to 21 inch eyes and 14 jumbos. (11 to 12 1/2 inches).  Eyes were spitting up 4 to 6 inch silvers.  A great day after not getting on the water in what seened forever...

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4108 on: Aug 27, 2017, 05:05 AM »
The wife broke a hip a month ago so I have been pretty much house bound since. She is doing great so got out with son yesterday.  Amazing action but fish were very localized in small spots on the larger favorite spots. Several times I had 5 to 7 fish in as many casts and many double hook ups.  All kinds of fish in same areas. Eyes, Perch, Bass, Drum, Silvers and even some Rockies and Crappies.  Lots of short eyes , sorted out limit of 18 to 21 inch eyes and 14 jumbos. (11 to 12 1/2 inches).  Eyes were spitting up 4 to 6 inch silvers.  A great day after not getting on the water in what seened forever...

Yo Dave,

Glad to hear you and the son had such a good day bud. Sorry to hear about the Mrs.  I pray she will heal fast and get back to her active self quickly.  Chrony and I couldn't get on the eyes, but we had a great day anyway. The canning season is starting and I have a ton of ripe tomatoes on the vine just waiting to be turned into chile sauce. I will use my next rain day for that event. I hope we can get out  together at least one more time this summer.

filetandrelease

« Reply #4109 on: Aug 27, 2017, 05:31 AM »

Dave sorry to hear about the Mrs  , wish her a quick recovery
Sounds like you and your sun had an absolutely great day ,congrats on a multi species day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.