FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480420 times)

Looper

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #4110 on: Aug 27, 2017, 07:26 AM »
Starting to be cooler in the morning. What depth are you guys catching them at?

KingPerch

« Reply #4111 on: Aug 27, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Best wishes to the Mrs Ol Timer!!  Good work on the fish!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Old Timer

« Reply #4112 on: Aug 27, 2017, 09:10 AM »
Starting to be cooler in the morning. What depth are you guys catching them at?
Yesterday it was 18 to 24 fow. Today it could be 10 to 12 or 36 to 36.

mcully

« Reply #4113 on: Aug 27, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Fished middle of day yesterday between 121 and 123. Jigging blade caught dozen perch, three eyes only 1 keeper and half dozen sheep. Couple big sheep. Fun

pimplepounder

« Reply #4114 on: Aug 28, 2017, 06:09 AM »
Got back out last night after my sons football game in Cuse and right back on them awesome night

filetandrelease

« Reply #4115 on: Aug 28, 2017, 06:55 AM »
Well done PP and Mcully

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4116 on: Aug 28, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Got out last evening with the grand kids and my eldest son . Wish I could post we had a banner catch. Not so. While my good friend Old Timer put me in the right church, I guess  we settled in the wrong pew. We gave all our fat heads to the silvers and then fished exclusively with plastics. The silvers liked them too.  My son and i jigged with raps and bucktails.A lot of shorts but no keepers.

I think sometimes we gauge our success by the photos and catch rate of our Oneida heros. I am sure most of them will tell you, you don't always score a limit or a pail full on Oneida. It is a lot more interesting to show your best outing. Few, if any, I am sure would take a picture of an empty pail or empty stringer. Well let me tell you this time was one of those times. Grand Pa didn't have any biggest or first perch to show for his efforts. Bella and Ian (grand kids) didn't score either. The thing we all had in common is we all now hate them dang silver bass.

Late in the evening, after my son ,Shayne and I exhausted our efforts on a dozen shorts we finally relented  and let the kids go for a swim. Somehow all the days shortcomings were all forgotten.The trip back to Fulton with a side stop at Micky Dee's for ice cream punctuated another memorable family outing. Look at the bright side. Pappy didn't have to stay up till midnight cleaning fish. No rain last night , so i didn't have to cover the boat or put in the barn. Pappy got hugs and kisses from the grand kids. More important, genuine (thank you) Poppy. All and all, not a bad day I would say. It's hard to take a picture of that.

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #4117 on: Aug 28, 2017, 07:34 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Got out last evening with the grand kids and my eldest son . Wish I could post we had a banner catch. Not so. While my good friend Old Timer put me in the right church, I guess  we settled in the wrong pew. We gave all our fat heads to the silvers and then fished exclusively with plastics. The silvers liked them too.  My son and i jigged with raps and bucktails.A lot of shorts but no keepers.

I think sometimes we gauge our success by the photos and catch rate of our Oneida heros. I am sure most of them will tell you, you don't always score a limit or a pail full on Oneida. It is a lot more interesting to show your best outing. Few, if any, I am sure would take a picture of an empty pail or empty stringer. Well let me tell you this time was one of those times. Grand Pa didn't have any biggest or first perch to show for his efforts. Bella and Ian (grand kids) didn't score either. The thing we all had in common is we all now hate them dang silver bass.

Late in the evening, after my son ,Shayne and I exhausted our efforts on a dozen shorts we finally relented  and let the kids go for a swim. Somehow all the days shortcomings were all forgotten.The trip back to Fulton with a side stop at Micky Dee's for ice cream punctuated another memorable family outing. Look at the bright side. Pappy didn't have to stay up till midnight cleaning fish. No rain last night , so i didn't have to cover the boat or put in the barn. Pappy got hugs and kisses from the grand kids. More important, genuine (thank you) Poppy. All and all, not a bad day I would say. It's hard to take a picture of that.

You've got your priorities right. IMO what comes back in your heart is more important than what comes back in the bucket or game bag.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #4118 on: Aug 28, 2017, 08:11 AM »
Boom! HUGE success     Jboogey          Took my 7 yr old for his first night camping with Daddy.....got his first fish on the fly rod...all by himself(micro gill) and multiple thank you daddy for bringing me here.....squeezed him so hard I thought we both were going to cry  ;D

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #4119 on: Aug 28, 2017, 08:40 AM »
Boom! HUGE success     Jboogey          Took my 7 yr old for his first night camping with Daddy.....got his first fish on the fly rod...all by himself(micro gill) and multiple thank you daddy for bringing me here.....squeezed him so hard I thought we both were going to cry  ;D

Boom ! Skunkmaster. Sounds to me like you have captured the magic of fishing.

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #4120 on: Aug 28, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

hey...usually you only see posts about great catches....well really that's not always the case so the fact that the kids probably had a better time than you think...catching silvers was probably more fun to them anyways...all in all sounds it wasn't a bad day after all...thanks for the post.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

pimplepounder

« Reply #4121 on: Aug 28, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Boggey sounds like a great trip you will have fishing partners forever and I think that's the greatest catch of all...big fan of reading your post keep up the good work

lowaccord66

« Reply #4122 on: Aug 28, 2017, 10:38 AM »
You've got your priorities right. IMO what comes back in your heart is more important than what comes back in the bucket or game bag.

Its hard for a memory to fall off the hook! 

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #4123 on: Aug 28, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Boom ! Skunkmaster. Sounds to me like you have captured the magic of fishing.

They call me the SKUNK MASTER after coming home with an empty stringer too many times.....but i cant wait to go again no matter what.........now there is 2 of us  :clapping:

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

Swampking89

« Reply #4124 on: Aug 28, 2017, 04:31 PM »
As long as the kids (and you and you son) had fun, that's what it's all about!!been out many times with my granndkids and as long as the bobber goes down a few times, that's all that matters!!mostly dinks but always waiting for that biggin' always keeps them going even if it never comes!! They never stop talking about it!!the best times for me always.thinking about going to adirondack kids day in inlet for the kids derby.this would be my granddaughter's first derby.my grandson has been a couple times and loved it!! Thanks Jboggey!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.