FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480406 times)

lowaccord66

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #5205 on: Jul 24, 2018, 10:11 AM »
good job rugburn....that's what all boaters should do, they're lucky to run across fine person like you who would drop everything to help someone in need...cudos to you sir. :clapping:

Agreed...not only should you just out of the kindness of your heart...but its the law too.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5206 on: Jul 24, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Agreed...not only should you just out of the kindness of your heart...but its the law too.

I do not think many people realize this.

Either way, nice job helping out.
Wicked Wec

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5207 on: Jul 24, 2018, 02:24 PM »
I wasn't aware this was a law in NYS. After a review of the laws I found it. Been boating since I was a kid, but it's always good to reread the rules. I haven't been carrying my anchor onboard, and I don't think "spot lock" would of gotten me out of a ticket, or out of certain bad situations. So the anchor is getting put onboard. Thanks for the rules reminder!

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5208 on: Jul 24, 2018, 03:00 PM »
I wasn't aware this was a law in NYS. After a review of the laws I found it. Been boating since I was a kid, but it's always good to reread the rules. I haven't been carrying my anchor onboard, and I don't think "spot lock" would of gotten me out of a ticket, or out of certain bad situations. So the anchor is getting put onboard. Thanks for the rules reminder!

Both great reminders. Thanks Jon and Rugburn!

filetandrelease

« Reply #5209 on: Jul 24, 2018, 05:06 PM »

This weather ought to shake things up 👍🏻

yellowned

« Reply #5210 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Wife and I are on vaca on oneida this week , got out this afternoon 12:00 to 5:00. 4 nice eyes ,drop 2 and 5 shorts.
4 nice perch, Got wet a couple of time with the showers but all in all nice to be out.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5211 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Wife and I are on vaca on oneida this week , got out this afternoon 12:00 to 5:00. 4 nice eyes ,drop 2 and 5 shorts.
4 nice perch, Got wet a couple of time with the showers but all in all nice to be out.

The makings of a delicious shore lunch, way to get after them!

filetandrelease

« Reply #5212 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Good job on the eyes 👍🏻

wallyworld

« Reply #5213 on: Jul 24, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Great job 😁

lowaccord66

« Reply #5214 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Nice work! 

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5215 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:45 AM »

I wanted to share this law with others, who i know have passed a boat in distress for whatever reason. Here's what i came across in one of the many boating law resources out there (here's a link to the site, a resource specifically for boating accidents: https://parks.ny.gov/recreation/boating/safe-boating/accidents.aspx )

Rendering Assistance (Good Samaritan Law)
According to Section 41.3 of the Navigation Law:
It shall be the duty of every master or pilot of any vessel to render such assistance as he can possible give to any other vessel coming under his observation and being in distress on account of accident, collision or otherwise.

If you come across another vessel that is in distress, the law requires you to assist them to the best of your abilities. You are excused from this duty if such assistance:

endangers your own vessel
endangers your passengers
interferes with other rescue efforts or law enforcement
will cause further or more extensive damage

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5216 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Thanks for the link! I think "Seinfeld" did their final episode based on a version of this law.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #5217 on: Jul 25, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Thanks for the link! I think "Seinfeld" did their final episode based on a version of this law.

2 of the handful of episodes i didn't care for...

lowaccord66

« Reply #5218 on: Jul 25, 2018, 06:12 PM »
I wanted to share this law with others, who i know have passed a boat in distress for whatever reason. Here's what i came across in one of the many boating law resources out there (here's a link to the site, a resource specifically for boating accidents: https://parks.ny.gov/recreation/boating/safe-boating/accidents.aspx )

Rendering Assistance (Good Samaritan Law)
According to Section 41.3 of the Navigation Law:
It shall be the duty of every master or pilot of any vessel to render such assistance as he can possible give to any other vessel coming under his observation and being in distress on account of accident, collision or otherwise.

If you come across another vessel that is in distress, the law requires you to assist them to the best of your abilities. You are excused from this duty if such assistance:

endangers your own vessel
endangers your passengers
interferes with other rescue efforts or law enforcement
will cause further or more extensive damage
Or if the vessel is a massive smelly pleasure boat.

Fixed  :)

KingPerch

« Reply #5219 on: Jul 26, 2018, 05:17 AM »
We always stop to help if we see people in distress. My son and I were broke down on Ontario on a Sunday afternoon. Tried waving boats down to lend us a hand. No one responded. Called a friend who was home enjoying his day with his bride.... an hour later they were towing us in. Great Friends!!! Thanks Freddie and Patty!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.