FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480499 times)

NYSportxman

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #5640 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:16 PM »
I have personally witnessed them at 4-5 different locations and also have witnessed fishing regulations being pushed passed the limits. I could care less if they lock up the whole lake. Just abide by the rules is all I care about. Ive seen some of the things that others have mentioned. It happens every year. FYI... I have made a few phone calls to the DEC in the past, while the violations are being carried out. It seems that if no one is in grave danger, the DEC don’t care. I guess fisherman snagging salmon and corn piles to bait deer is more of a priority Sad....

How many of you guys that fish the salmon river or Oswego call the DEC to report snagging?  Probably not too often huh?  Why is that?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5641 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:17 PM »
all I know is ...if  KP said it it's 100% true .... 

but  for the time I was at chapmans  I really seen  no one doing wrong  after I left I can't say .....

not on Oneida but in Oswego river I have seen  men posted as look outs while others snagged at the dam and woman dragged the fish out we called the dec  for days  this went on finally a officer responded...... does poaching happen ...yes it does ....keep reporting  get pictures and plate numbers
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #5642 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:20 PM »
How many of you guys that fish the salmon river or Oswego call the DEC to report snagging?  Probably not too often huh?  Why is that?

actually yes we do and we  tell people to release fowl hooked fish..... NYS I'm not sure what your point is ...are you saying if we see people violating the law we should look the other way???? I really don't understand the hostility

GrnDrake

« Reply #5643 on: Oct 30, 2018, 08:41 PM »
I have waded off the canal 3 times in the last week and the Burmese were all over me like white on rice. Every time I moved at least 2 would follow. Crossed me several times. But what is worse is they sneak behind and beside you so you cannot cast. I asked them
Nicely to go around me a little farther so I do not hook them when I cast. They just nod and continue on. As for keeping more than thrir limit?  There are 2 women in a van who come collect the fish every so often. They will drive off for a half hour and come back. I have a client who is a retired DEC officer ...he said most will not issue tickets because of the language barrier.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #5644 on: Oct 30, 2018, 09:26 PM »
I was at oneida shores last week fishing off the rocks, and there were 2 burmise folks there. both of them went to the end of the rocks where there was another fisherman. 2 of them got on both sides of him, and casted out. one of them crossed the guys line, and it was on !! the guy went bonkers on them !! it didn't phase the 2 a bit. the guy left pretty mad. maybe if they took a bucket up side the head they would have a little more respect !! right freddy ?

on another note," Trapper" you are welcome on my vessle anytime !!   Sully...

NYSportxman

« Reply #5645 on: Oct 30, 2018, 09:39 PM »
Yes, let's all sit around the campfire and share our Burmese stories.  I find it amusing how you guys make it sound like these Burmese, which I doubt they all are, are the only ones without etiquette and the only guys that's poach, take over their limit.  Let's be real, poachers and the like come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

More importantly, these "Burmese" target white perch in the spring.  That's a good thing right?

filetandrelease

« Reply #5646 on: Oct 30, 2018, 10:42 PM »
Sully you are the bucket master 👍🏻
Well coach and I made a few stops again his last spot worked out , we each got a limit and I tossed a 26” back ,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5647 on: Oct 31, 2018, 03:21 AM »
Why do I get 3 pages of the same posts?hey mods,can we get this straightened out??sorry but it's been happening a lot .

Ha!
Last time I tried to "straighten things out" I took 2 months of crap. Y'all can figure it out on your own.

I've got way better things to do.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

scout57

« Reply #5648 on: Oct 31, 2018, 04:04 AM »
Ha!
Last time I tried to "straighten things out" I took 2 months of crap. Y'all can figure it out on your own.

I've got way better things to do.

Rg
I think you mistook that post Rq......I think he was referring to the duplicate posts that keep popping up.....which happens to me also.......
as for rules and laws, they were made for people with morals, ethics and common sense.....unfortunately not everyone was born with those qualities and you can't teach them neither........it's only against the law if you get caught in some eyes.....this is true in all phases of life

trapper2000

« Reply #5649 on: Oct 31, 2018, 04:15 AM »

More importantly, these "Burmese" target white perch in the spring.  That's a good thing right?

oh this is were I draw the line!!!!!   leave those white perch alone!!!!

fishshack

« Reply #5650 on: Oct 31, 2018, 04:52 AM »
Nice work Fred/Coach!!  26” is a brute.        Ps...lol Trapp...the Burmese can have my share of the white perch 😂

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #5651 on: Oct 31, 2018, 05:25 AM »
I got out last night. got one in the bucket. it got cold fast !!   Sully...

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
« Reply #5652 on: Oct 31, 2018, 05:28 AM »
Belated Happy Birthday, Dead!
Nice going Freddie and Coach!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #5653 on: Oct 31, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!
Nice job findin em