FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480617 times)

cnypanfisher

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #8055 on: Mar 25, 2021, 02:48 AM »
Picked up a few buckeyes for spring perching and maybe some crappie fishing. I have 2 new sponge filters that supposedly work very well taking impurities out of the water. Got a real nice net full last night, hopefully with the extra filters and water conditioner I wont have much dead loss. The ice went south and west yesterday, opened it up some. Fridays big blow will be the end of it probably.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #8056 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:40 AM »
Looks good Tim 👍🏻
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #8057 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:54 AM »

Nice tub of bait Tim

Old Timer

« Reply #8058 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:57 AM »
Fish creek flow is up to 7 ft this am.  Hope there is still a lot of snow on Tug Hill but the trail cams don’t show a lot. 
Chittenango Creek is pretty low as is Oneida creek.  Do they try to get the nets out as soon as the ice is out or do they go by day or water temp ? Where do they launch the boats for that ?   It will come up a lot by May first but launching much before that might be iffy.     Interesting to watch.. 

reeleyz

« Reply #8059 on: Mar 25, 2021, 07:58 AM »
They do normally try to get the nets out right after the ice goes out. That is more important on years when the ice goes out into April.

Looks like rain Friday and Sunday.

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #8060 on: Mar 25, 2021, 12:37 PM »
The Fish Creek monitor at Becks Grove NY is at 10 feet now according to the website I check.  Looking at the Lake Onterio satellite view it appear Oneida Lake is about to have no ice.  Looks like a big patch of open water on part of the lake.  Hopefully the lake will comeup a bit so we can launch our boats soon.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #8061 on: Mar 25, 2021, 01:09 PM »
It’s definitely rising. Watching Rock bars slowly disappear.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #8062 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:24 PM »
someone  finally  closed   it huh  ...bout time
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Old Timer

« Reply #8063 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:36 PM »
I have been watching the gauge at Taberg. Thats before the east branch flows into fish creek.

Old Timer

« Reply #8064 on: Mar 25, 2021, 05:39 PM »
The flow in both Chittenango and Oneida creek is down. Lets hope the forecasted rains help them out a little. 

wertty

« Reply #8065 on: Mar 26, 2021, 04:05 AM »
i talked with pat ( slyvan beach tourism)    the cam is running but having transmission problem to internet cnnnection .work on it is on going!!!!!  hopefully this week.  perch are in at oswego harbor  behind coast guard post by tug boat

filetandrelease

« Reply #8066 on: Mar 26, 2021, 06:42 AM »
 This wind and rain ought to break up the ice thats left  👍 I can hear thunder south of me

reeleyz

« Reply #8067 on: Mar 26, 2021, 06:51 AM »
The Fish Creek monitor at Becks Grove NY is at 10 feet now according to the website I check.  Looking at the Lake Onterio satellite view it appear Oneida Lake is about to have no ice.  Looks like a big patch of open water on part of the lake.  Hopefully the lake will comeup a bit so we can launch our boats soon.

You're not kidding. It looks like mush in this image.

https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=o&page=1&template=sub&image=t1.21084.1559.LakeOntario.143.250m.jpg

bbfrogger

« Reply #8068 on: Mar 26, 2021, 08:04 AM »
i talked with pat ( slyvan beach tourism)    the cam is running but having transmission problem to internet cnnnection .work on it is on going!!!!!  hopefully this week.  perch are in at oswego harbor  behind coast guard post by tug boat

I'm guessing you're about to have a WHOLE bunch of company at oswego harbor  behind coast guard post by tug boat   ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #8069 on: Mar 26, 2021, 09:39 AM »
I see waves on both the north and south shore cams. I hope all of you ice haters are happy! :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.