FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480433 times)

oneida1

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #8445 on: Jun 26, 2021, 08:36 AM »
2 keepers 2 shorts for me yesterday evening....

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #8446 on: Jun 26, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Got the ff working, marked a lot of fish in 20' at the bottom of a drop with no takers. Another nice nite to float around though.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #8447 on: Jun 26, 2021, 02:38 PM »
Got out last evening for some jigging , with deadly and snag , I had a rough time  4 perch , 3 short eyes , a rocky and an adult shad which was a first for me 😜
 Weather was pleasant , little lumpy , and the strawberry moon was cool
 The mayfly hatch is insane
The fish we were over definitely didn’t want to bite. Good number of marks though. Mayflies were insane. Ton of them this year
Nice job findin em

cnypanfisher

« Reply #8448 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:19 AM »
The fish we were over definitely didn’t want to bite. Good number of marks though. Mayflies were insane. Ton of them this year
We got skunked again, but my buddy got a fat goby on a spinner. Lots of dead bugs everywhere, like a blanket of them in spots. Last fish I cleaned last week had a belly full of them. Are the perch biting anywhere within 80 miles, I'll be eating rock bass soon at this rate.

bigbuck

« Reply #8449 on: Jun 28, 2021, 10:53 AM »
Maybe the bite has been negatively impacted by all the mayflies fishermen are competing against and it will return when they all die off?

filetandrelease

« Reply #8450 on: Jun 28, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Maybe the bite has been negatively impacted by all the mayflies fishermen are competing against and it will return when they all die off?
Bingo 👍
 The tourney, about  1/3 of the boats didn’t weigh in

Here is a few mayflies 😉

jperch

« Reply #8451 on: Jun 28, 2021, 12:10 PM »
That mayfly picture is amazing!  Great fish food.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #8452 on: Jun 28, 2021, 12:15 PM »
The whole northshore stinks because of all the dead mayflies. Crazy
Nice job findin em

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #8453 on: Jun 28, 2021, 03:03 PM »
The prevailing south winds must have blown the mayflies to the north shore, it really isn't that bad here yet .

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #8454 on: Jun 28, 2021, 03:31 PM »
Almost Nothing on the south shore…I saw a couple on the house the other day. But nothing on the shoreline.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8455 on: Jun 28, 2021, 03:32 PM »
I saw Snags  radar report that showed them....  Crazy..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Dug1898

« Reply #8456 on: Jun 28, 2021, 04:11 PM »

Here is a few mayflies 😉

[/quote]

WOW! Now that's a few mayflies alright. Lmao :o Look at the ground! I used to see them all over the village of Skaneateles too.
I told a story years ago about seeing on my ff a 2'-3' thick hatch of mayfly mymphs hovering just above bottom on Oneida heading out west from the canal. All the way out there was also a 2'-3' thick mass of mayflies hovering a couple of feet above the water...just as thick as the mass on the screen! We drove through the cloud of mayflies ducking down behind the windshield and laughed at our 2 friends in tiller boats getting the brunt of the bugs in their faces. They both ride, so bugs in their teeth was no big deal. Lmao
So, I can see how it can effect the bite...Hexigenia mayflies I think they are...they call it "The Hex" on Skinny...when the "Hex" is on, the bite slows!
Good luck fishin' ><{{{*>
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

reeleyz

« Reply #8457 on: Jun 28, 2021, 05:57 PM »
The prevailing south winds must have blown the mayflies to the north shore, it really isn't that bad here yet .

The shoreline edge was brown with them yesterday on the north shore in several spots near Constantia.

It is a great food source for a lot of fish though.

mcully

« Reply #8458 on: Jun 28, 2021, 08:25 PM »

Hex on skinny has been happening too but not near as crazy as last years. Had pound of bugs in boat every morning for a week then. Every fish comes to the shallows to feast it seems

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #8459 on: Jul 01, 2021, 06:05 AM »
Dodged the rain and fished from 6:30-9 last night with Snag. Fish were pretty tight lipped. We managed couple keeper eyes and bunch of weed trout. Awesome sunset

Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.