FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: slipbob's trout trip to Idaho!!! Some nice pictures for your viewing pleasure!  (Read 4151 times)

slipbob

Okay folks, I finally got some pictures downloaded of the digi cam of my recent fishing trip to one of the most beautiful places in America :flag:  All I can say is when it comes to trout fishing, I have been to the top of the mountain and I have seen the light :angel:  I fished some private ranch land and some public spots as well and there are basically few to no people fishing anywhere due to the remoteness of the location and the incredibly large amount of rivers you can fish.  So many miles of river that you won't likely see another fisherman all day.  I did keep two cutthroats from a nearby tributary and one of them had a freshly eaten mouse in it's stomach :o  I've cleaned hundreds of trout in my life and that was the first time I have ever seen a trout eat a mouse ???  I fished a place known as the east branch of the Lost River near the Challis National Forest.  Here we go!
Looks nice uh!

Cutthroats!

Wild brookie!

The view downstream from the back porch at the house I stayed at!

The view upstream!

My favorite pic of the whole trip.  Morning coffee and the deadly trout killer top secret Yo-Zuri that's out of production for some crazy reason.  Never in my life have I ever seen a lure that catches more big trout than those.   :o

Some action shots of me working over the trout!

I had just lost a big one kind of like that picture with bilditrite loosing that big striper after it broke his line :cursing:

I had to do some babysitting as well! 

A great pic looking back at the house in the evening!

The girls went swimming and scared the  trout but it was too cold for me to jump in there.

The tee-pees on the property which are very cool.

A nice one getting away :cursing:

Two of the 16" cutthroats I was ALLOWED to keep from a nearby tributary.  The property owner would not allow keeping any trout from his ranch and he made it VERY clear that if you killed a trout from his river you are not welcome back EVER :nono:  One of these trout pictured here had eaten that mouse :o  These trout tasted as good as you can imagine.  :P

Okay so I have lots and lots more pictures but this is plenty to give you an idea of what it's like to fish for real live wild trout in the wild west where men are men, sheep are scared and cattle ranching is KING!  My next trout trip might be to the Wind River Range in Wyoming sometime next summer. 

Robb

• Upstate NY
Awesome pics man!! Too bad about your leg injury.

Robb

archbishop

THATS SOMEONES HOUSE ???  :o holy crow, those are some great pics :tipup:

archbishop

That's his SECOND house :P  We were at his main house in Sun Valley that's on the market for 5.5 million :o  Needless to say I guess it's nice to have more money than you know what to do with :D

i guess so, is he adopting ;D

Thanks Robb.  If you drink enough bottles of 9.6% Bigfoot Barleywine any leg injury will feel a lot better :blink:  Of course that's how I got injured in the first place ::)

nah, too easy ;)

Nickp

Slipbob

Try yo zuri pin minnow 2inch

Pure magic

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
Nice shots Slip, that looks incredible.  And a Bigfoot sitghting Too - always a good thing :tipup:
   &  Bass

devil-man

I'm speechless, man.
Nothing to say. 

MXFisher

• One more cast!
Awesome pics slip!! Looks like you had a great time. Unbelievable scenery!!

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

Kyle

nicely done slipbob  8)

Bartman44

Wow, what a great spot and awesome scenery. Looks like you had a great time.

I like the ranch shot with the triangle dinner bell. Did you use it? Just like Bonanza.

I'm going to have to give you some flyfishing lessons for your next trip. I tie a mouse fly pattern that works great on the smallies in the river here - would probably get some big strikes swimming it across that stream.

Super pics Slip. 

HOOKEMNCOOKEM

Beautiful Slip, what's it like to have a life? BTW don't you fly fish?
I didn't come here to stay home.

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
Beautiful Slip, what's it like to have a life? BTW don't you fly fish?

Seriously HC :P  Slip is a Bass fisherman 8)
   &  Bass

akdg

Very cool pics Slipbob! I have a friend that moved to country like that -and I haven't seen him since!  Now I know why ;D

BAZOOKAJOE

:thumbup_smilie:  Amazing!!  Looks like a GREAT time was had... :wacko: (that barley wine will def do ya in).  Very nice pics and fish.  Makes me want to take a trip out west and catch some cutties!!  I'd have to give a fly rod a try.  Did you win a trip through "the good hands" people??   :laugh:

archbishop

BIG BAIT=BIG TROUT ;)

ah man, maybe i should stop buying girls big beers :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.