FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dog pics...  (Read 11825 times)

Cider

Dog pics...
« on: Mar 10, 2004, 10:33 AM »
Every birddog owner I know loves to talk about their dogs and show pictures.  Anyone here have pictures they would like to share?

Here are a couple of my new pointer.  We have had Dutch for a little over a year now.  He will be going into his second season this fall and he is turning out to be a bird-finding machine and an awesome companion!

can_of_worms

Re: Dog pics...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2004, 11:08 AM »

This isn't the best picture but it is what my buddy is all about, Murphy is 2 and loves to do whatever we are doing. He is checking out his seat in our new trap we got for Christmas.

can_of_worms

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2004, 11:27 AM »

Here is Murphy with one of his birds, he was about 1 then. We are lucky to have a game farm next door to my folks place, we have alot of escaped birds over there.

Cider

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Cider with his first rooster of the season opening day last fall...

Riding shotgun on a camping trip last summer...

Cider with a ruff from a few seasons ago...

fozsey

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Here is my Rot. He isn't a bird dog unless you count eating them, but he is a great friend and a smart SOB.

Cider

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Here is my Rot. He isn't a bird dog unless you count eating them,

Nice Rotty Brian!  I have another setter (Cider's brother) that does similar things with birds.  He isn't a good hunting dog.  I was training him once with some chukar partridge in the back yard.  I would have a friend plant the bird somewhere so that neither the dog or myself would know where it was.  Then I would let the dog loose and let him work it.  Once I was sure he found it, I would work on whoaing him and try to staunch him up on point.  Once he held point, I would go over and kick the bird up for him to fetch it up.

The first attempt at this excersize, I kicked the bird up he went over and picked it up and took off around the house.  A few minutes later he came back without it.  Nearly a year later I found it buried under my stacks of firewood!!

fozsey

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Thanks,

He is a sweetheart. You would never know it by knocking at my door, but he is just a big baby. He tries to sleep with us too. He will lay on our bed and spread his legs out and push us right out of bed.

We had some little gang punks spraying our garage every so often and one night Harley was sleeping in the bedroom closest to our garage and the little sh%ts started in again. Harley almost went through the window to get to them. They haven't been back since. They dropped all their stuff and we called the police. That was 2 years ago.

He is great with kids too. He loves them. Waggs his big arse off whenever any of them show up. Last time I had him weighed at the vet he tipped the scale at 135 lbs and solid as a rock.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2004, 03:49 PM »
This is my 4 year old black lab, Moxie. She's a sweetheart. If I can, I'll post a pic of my yellow lab, Sally. My dad fpund her, after she had broken through the ice on a pond. She's a shedder, but I love her so much. You just have to love labs. :) :D

-Zach

mike692

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2004, 05:28 PM »
Here's my bud......

raleigh

« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2004, 09:54 PM »
Here is my dog, He is not a bird dog but he does like to hunt any animal that moves. He is a great dog to take fishing. He will get in the water an help you land the fish.

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2004, 08:02 PM »

this is my best friend.
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2004, 10:32 PM »
This may sound fruity but I think these are pretty dogs ;)

I wish I could show a pic of my sammy, I prob will in a while. he is a pure border collie

he isn't a bird dog, or even a hunting dog, but one time a racoon went up one of my trees from the field, and he ran and barked at it like a coon hound.

He's prob the only dog around here that can talk, he tries to say my name (torin) but he says it "gorum". he also says raro(hello) and a few other things, he's like a parrot

But overall, dogs aren't man's best friend, fish are!!! ;D

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #12 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:01 AM »
heres ginger I said pose for a picture and she did.she's such a clown
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:56 PM »
Here's a couple pics of my Golden when he was 15 to 16 weeks old. He's fully grown now.

Ken A.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:50 PM »
Great Dogs!  Man there's some handsome pups out there.  Cider, I would love to hunt over your pointer, great dogs....  Here's a couple of my namesake "Barley" the 4 year old yellow lab.

Barley with a canvasback on opening day 2003

"I'll do anything for a marshmellow! ANYTHING!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.