FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dog pics...  (Read 11827 times)

fozsey

Re: Dog pics...
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2004, 07:41 AM »
Here's a few more pics...

He takes up most of a King Sized waterbed.

My daughters bed. His favorite spot.

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Well I guess I had to do it and post a couple pictures of our Golden "Abby" Or the queen. She is our first Golden and will say they are a great breed. She loves to hunt and of course loves the water. The only downfall is the year round shedding. Love those Goldens.
Cold Feet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

charlie

« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2004, 04:54 PM »

Katie loves Ice fishing and open water fishing.  But taking a good nap is her favorite pastime.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #18 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:58 PM »
Bean that's awesome!  I think Golden's are very cool.  I haven't made up my mind yet what I want when my pointer and setters are gone, but a golden is high on the list.

Let's keep those pictures coming!!!

I suggest border collie because they are natural sprinters and have excellent sense of smell and sight. My dog is lazy and he still runs faster than any dog I have ever seen. Also, they are extremely nice and good-looking.  In case you didn't know, border collies are sheep herding dogs, so they are used to fields.

But, it's to each his own, and almost all dogs are good dogs

Cider

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26, 2004, 09:13 PM »
TFB - my dogs are hunting dogs.  Upland birds to be precise.  Not picking on you, but my pointer and setters would blow the doors off your border collie any day any time.  Especially my pointer.  He is all muscle, barrel chested and very fast.  I have watched him run with other dogs and they just don't have a chance against him.  Pointers and some lines of setters are bred to be big running dogs for hunting quail in places like West Texas.  They are intended to cover a lot of real estate in short order.  The hunter/handler follows them either on horseback or in jeeps to keep up with them.  Ask anyone who has a pointer and they will set you straight.

However, I do like border collies very much.  I think they are one of the smartest breeds I have ever encountered.  I like to go to the local Scottish Highland games in the summer here and watch the border collies go to work.  It is great fun and very impressive to watch them listen to their handler and then exersize complete control over the sheep.  They are also very cool companion dogs.  Very loyal and loving.  Borders get a high mark in my book.  ;D

raleigh

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26, 2004, 09:33 PM »
When I lived In Denver I raised Border collies and Labs. It is in a border collies blood tho chase down and heard cattle. They would run back and forth all day in the yard every time a car drove by. I would imagin you could train a border collie to hunt, they are VERY smart dogs. But border collies have their own zone in life and that is what they do best. Icefishingbear With all the ranches and farms around us you will find that 75% of the ranchers have a border collie. The best hunting dogs I have ever been around have to be chesapeaks, and man they are some good looking dogs. You won't find a better swimming dog around.

Cider

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Raleigh you are right on the money there.  Chessies are great water dogs.  I don't own a water dog right now and I am having a tough time deciding between a lab, golden, or chessie.  I am not big on the continental breeds.

I like the chessie the best of the three for toughness, drive, and ability to hunt.  They can handle a big ole wounded canada better than any water dog I have seen.  A lab runs a close second.

Problem is that they are BIG dogs and I don't believe in putting dogs in a kennel.  They have to be part of my home and family life.  Not sure how the wife will take to a 90-100 lb dog crawling up in her lap after a day of chasing down ducks/geese in the mud!

Goldens make great family dogs though.  Maybe I should just get one of each.  It is my ultimate goal to have owned and hunted behind every breed of sporting dog that there is.

Keep those pics coming folks!

raleigh

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26, 2004, 10:51 PM »
I took that last post out cider, It was a bit much. I just read it and thought is was instering scence we where  on the subject.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #23 on: Mar 27, 2004, 01:03 PM »
A Hungry Crew                                                           A Hungry Crew

red_eyes

« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:34 PM »
had a purebred german shepherd for 12 years, awesome dog, unfortuantley we had to put him down,november 2003,hip problems,he love to chase birds, rabbits, you name it.

raleigh

« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2004, 09:49 PM »
Sorry to hear that red. I as well have a german shepard, she is about 7 1/2 years old and she is already having hip problims. I take her fishing and hiking all the time, but when we get home she just wants to lay there and she dosent like her back end touched or petted. I give her Glucosamine 500mg in her food every morning and it seams to help a lot.

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #26 on: Apr 01, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Here we are trolling along looking for some Brown Trout.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #27 on: Apr 01, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Here we are trolling along looking for some Brown Trout.

So does the dog count for the rod limit? :D :D :D :D :D
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #28 on: Apr 01, 2004, 01:21 PM »
I would like to get a Great Dane by my "significant other" won't let me.  HMMMMFFFF

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Dark Cloud

« Reply #29 on: Apr 17, 2004, 07:52 PM »
Hey all, just saw this thread and there are some awesome pictures. Im still working on getting the digital hooked up to the computer. Then i'll add some of my own picts.
I have a two year old border collie. Had one before her for almost 15 years. They are an amazing breed. Thier ability to learn is unbelievable. I wouldnt recomend one to anyone that dosent have the room or time though. They are bread/designed to run miles a day and if you dont exercise them they will drive you nuts. Where I live im ably to take her on a run up through the woods with her following the 4 wheeler every day if i dont have time for the frisbee or ball. They all need a vice to get the energy out, be it a ball, herding anything that moves, a frisbee, etc....
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.