FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dog pics...  (Read 11826 times)

steady_eddie

Re: Dog pics...
« Reply #30 on: Apr 21, 2004, 11:15 AM »
This is Buddy and Hanna.

Ready for ice fishing.

Resting after a day of fishing.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #31 on: Apr 21, 2004, 01:56 PM »
although this dog is not a hunter, my little buddy here is named ROCCO and he love to chase flopping fish in the boat or fish that are close to shore.... he is a working dog called an australian KELPIE. they are sheep herders mainly but also used for agility contests and make great frisbee dogs as this one is...lol   this picture of him is on my bed, for some reason he doesnt go on the bed unless the sheets come off, so the sheets were of for washing and before the new ones went on he was right up there...think he has a think for the bed material...lol

mrhook

• Fishing Fin-Addict!
« Reply #32 on: Apr 21, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Heres my Shadow! Hes about 1yr 3mths. I havent trained him as a bird retreiver yet. Would like to though.any tips? He's black lab x shep but no shep that i can see! He's such a smart guy and will be a great fishin bud! Gotta love em!

teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

Muskie Matt

« Reply #33 on: Apr 29, 2004, 08:22 AM »
Here's Dobe. He's 4 1/2 months and a Boston Terrier. It was too cold and he was too young to ice fish this year. We'll see how he does in the boat. Can't wait to get my new fishing buddy out there.

Katfish

« Reply #34 on: Apr 29, 2004, 04:41 PM »
My hunting/fishing/icefishing buddy Champ.

Cider

« Reply #35 on: Apr 30, 2004, 10:14 AM »
Katfish that is an awesome pic!!  ;D  Where was that taken??  Do you mind if I save a copy for my screensaver?  Your lab looks like a bird retrieving machine!  Kewl!!  ;D

Katfish

« Reply #36 on: Apr 30, 2004, 04:39 PM »
Thanks Cider. Pic was taken in the Whiteshell Provincial Park here in Manitoba, Lone Island Lake to be exact. The yellow reeds in the background are wildrice. Last fall was Champ's first full hunting season. He did great work for me. I was very pleased.  :)

It's my screensaver right now too.  ;)

vancouvercanuck

Beware
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2004, 10:58 AM »
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Jigwiggler

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2004, 07:23 AM »
Katfish, That is a great pic and a nice looking dog too!!   :D

There's not much in the line of bird hunting here in Pa, although I do manage to get out a few times a year and bag some Grouse, Ducks and Geese.  I really don't have a need for a bird dog.  My passions include Archery and turkey hunting, I pretty much limit myself to that or I would never get out fishing or spend any time with my family.  Here are some pics of my canine companions.

This is my wife's boxer Katie:

Here is my hunting partner.  Not the best pic, I'll try to find a better one.  He's a beuatiful dog with a lot of blue ticking on his coat.  He has flushed a good number of Grouse and Pheasant for me while chasing the cottontails.  I can tell by his bark if it is a bird or a rabbit.  Whines and short yips and you better move up because he's gonna flush something, long typical Beagle bawls and hang back and watch for the circling rabbit.  ;D

You can tell by my daughter's shoes these pics were taken after her first fishing trip.  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

raleigh

« Reply #39 on: Jun 17, 2004, 10:21 PM »

Had to show another pic of Buddy pouncing on a trout I just caught.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #40 on: Jul 07, 2004, 10:03 AM »
Here's a picture of my Chocolate Lab, his name is Ranger.  Mostly hunts ducks and geese but occasionally grouse and pheasants.

A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #41 on: Jul 07, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Bobman how old is Ranger?
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #42 on: Jul 07, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Shawn - he is 8 years old now.  Getting a little gray around the muzzle but is still an active dog.  Just loves his retrieving dummies and the water.
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

livin4ice

« Reply #43 on: Jul 07, 2004, 09:06 PM »
This is my dog (and partner), Dingo.  He is an Australian Cattle Dog or as some call them Blue Heeler.  I have been a cop for 11 years and he is my "new" partner.  He is trained in explosives detection.  He lives in the house with us and loves playing with my daughters. 

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #44 on: Jul 07, 2004, 09:08 PM »
Bobman - the smile on your dog coulda been seen on mine today, here he's wiped out after a long, long romp in the off-leash park with 2 miles of trails.  He probably did 10 miles, mostly at a run.  Caddie is a chocolate lab, 2 yrs old who loves the water.  The park is adjacent to the Red River and he runs down the slope and leaps in like he's after a duck.
      You notice the shaved belly?  That's a result of a stomach operation to remove a golf ball.  The vet called it a "golfballectomy", and was the second one on a lab he'd done that week (about 6 weeks ago).   Stupid dog decided that since he was the one that found the ball in the field, he would sooner swallow it than give it to me.   Apparently they can swallow golf balls OK, and it will exit the other end OK, the trouble is passing it through the small intestine.  It cost us $1300 to have the ball removed when he couldn't throw it up.  I tell you, he's really intelligent, and learns commands in a second, but right now he's in the Dumb-as-a-doorknob stage.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.