FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Just fishing- update Pg 3 5/16-5/18 crappie/gill/carp  (Read 6599 times)

Nickp

Started off with a crank rattle matzuo, had a 2pound or so largie that chased it down and missed 2 foot from shore. GOt snagged and had to change- no other big lures so i egg sinkered a gamagatsu worm (weedless) hook with a 4in pumkin senko and got a 2 pound 7oz chainey that was skinny adn 21in long

Re hooked up cast out and wham nice fish- smallie comes up does a jump and spits the hook, not a good hookset at all fish looked bigger then these two by far maybe 4-5lb range

GOt snagged and tied up again and caught 2 1-1pound 6oz smallies off the same 5 foot area in about 10-15foot of water. Retied due too frayed line and casted out and began "trolling" two my new spot, hooked up with a hawg but again no hookset and he popped off with a run towards me. Sat down on spot #2 and lost the one in my left hand casted back out 15 feet and she nailed it again unless I lost her mate, landed the one in my left hand at 2 pounds 10.5ounces

Started heading back trolling- stopped to tie my shoe, jerk the rod and the right one was on, coupkle head shakes and jumps and she was in- much deeper water maybe 25foot. Wieghed in at 3pounds 1 oz even on the rapala scale at home.

Called it a day at 6 35 and headed home WOW what a great fantastuc ending to my weekend- fish were caught In one of the few legal lakes still open in ct from shore.

;D

Nickp

Re: 4/9 SMallie fishin' SOME HOGS!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2006, 06:45 PM »

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2006, 09:29 PM »
those are a pair of fine smallies there, WTG  :thumbup_smilie:
only thing is that they look like a nice breeding pair.  :-\
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Muskie Matt

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Nice fish but I thought NY regs were June - Nov. on bass  ???

Nickp

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2006, 10:12 PM »
From CT-private lake as well

both were girls from the look of it and off way different spots- btie is on in CT- water temp is finally 47-48 and getting warmer fast

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Hope that this private lake has one of these permits.  ;D
http://dep.state.ct.us/pao/forms/fisheries/privwat.pdf
So that you can harvest these fish.

And yes they are still very nice fish. But, please be selective on the ones that you harvest, cause years from now, it won't be so prosperuse.  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Nickp

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2006, 06:12 AM »
Naw its overcrowded with 6in smallies (last summer) and quite a few bigger ones.

Its a nieghborhood owned pond- only thos epeople and a guest nothing to do with DEp

Deposit

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Nice smallies!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2006, 06:37 PM »
Sorry to be a downer here, but private or not, what was the purpose of taking those fish home? were you that hungry? ???

no offense I just dont get it. I love to fish for Bass, but thats why I respect the regs as well as practice CPR

Interesting?

fish were caught In one of the few legal lakes still open in ct from shore.

Its a nieghborhood owned pond- only thos epeople and a guest nothing to do with DEp

reubenpa

« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2006, 07:33 PM »
no offense but whose busines is it besides the one who kept them?   they aren't that bad to eat.  I eat them and like them
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Nickp

« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2006, 09:06 PM »
Lol slip up there- almost all lakes are closed in ct, due to trout stocking, BUT private ponds are open at disclosure of the group ownign them- this particular spot has 30 or 35 members that consist of the houses on the lake. Not a deep lake but deffinately clean.  I liek to eat bass and every season I keep a couple- I know people who go and get there limit every weekend on slightly bigger lakes and the onyl time i keep fish is to eat- I guarantee I c&r 90 percent of the fish i catch- Im not trying to make enemies on this site cuz its great but tyr and not be a dick about that. I dont come into the woods and say not a very nice person for shooting a deer or turkey- that is if you hunt.

blaque

« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2006, 07:45 AM »
I dont come into the woods and say not a very nice person for shooting a deer or turkey- that is if you hunt.

I understand the points of the conversation, on both sides, but..........Well said on the above Nick (and i am also 99.9% catch and release)

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
« Reply #12 on: Apr 12, 2006, 07:56 AM »
As long as you are eatting them keep as many as the law says you can. CPR is not  from everyone
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #13 on: Apr 12, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Im not trying to be "a dick", what I was saying was first off Nick you did not seem 100% on the regs of the area you were fishing. There is 3 examples in my original post. I dont ever drop a line unless I know the rules and regs of that body of water

Second thing I have nothing against taking home a few fish, but be selective. You want to be able to keep that lake going for years to come.

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #14 on: Apr 12, 2006, 09:10 AM »
if your pond is overcrowded with 6 inch fish..then cull the 6inchers if your gonna break regs...it will do more for the pond and create a good fishery...but still very nice smallies
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.