FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71606 times)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 08:27 AM »
Sounds like the ball is rolling down hill for the Boat and RV place and you've got a good case on your hands, but sucks that you have to deal with there screw up.
Best of luck and hope that you get a nice upgrade or something out of the heartache and stress you've put up with.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 09:12 AM »
Update:

Called the Manager and he told me he needed to look into it more. Assuring me if it wasn't registered its NEW!
I then got a voicemail massage from the warranty Representative saying there is nothing wrong with the motor. There is no bent shaft. I called back and had to leave a message. Figures! The message I left was that Mercury already said its not covered so I know there wrong. I also pointed out that they still haven't looked at the pictures of the paint which we all know will not be covered under warrentty. I am steaming right now!! Hope this is making sense!!

After I got mad and yelled at a machine I realized this was a waste of time. I canceled what I have planned for today and I am going to go there. I called the local news and they are interested in how I am going about using the internet to get the word out. If anyone has an information, I could sure use it. If you do not want to go public with it at least PM me. The fact that overnight I got stories of 2 others who have had problems with this store speaks volumes.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Email reply from mercury:

Mr. Bussiere,

Thank you for the email regarding your 2006 Mercury 115hp engine, serial
number XXXXXXXX.  We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your
concerns.

Unfortunately, the link to your photo did not open on our end.  We
understand that it is a frustrating experience you have encountered.
Mercury must work through its dealer network to resolve issues such as
yours.  Please contact your selling dealer regarding this current issue.
If you are not getting the results you are looking for, please contact our
Mercury Outboard Customer Service Department.  Our business hours are
Monday thru Friday, 7:30am- 4:30pm, CST.

Our contact number is 920-929-5040.

Sincerely,

Mercury Outboard Customer Service

Ref:2006-77843

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 09:31 AM »
I am in the process of linking this thread to a number of web sites I am on! People need to know what is going on!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 09:51 AM »
I called the Boat N RV warehouse and asked to speak to Eric Geiger again! they said he is busy but could take  message. I told them to give him this web site address to see how serious I am!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 10:25 AM »
I just called Smokercraft and Phil Smoker will be calling me back. He is in a meeting.

OTIS

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Thank you for the continuous updates!  I'm getting ready to research a boat purchase, and guess where i WILL NOT be looking!  Information like this is priceless, and should be considered very important to individuals such as Mr. Geiger.  Unfortunately these individuals often lack the education and intelect associated with running a business.  There in it for the all mighty dollar, and not the consumers.  Please keep us posted as to your progress, and best of luck.  Of all the people I've met here and on IS, you're probably the least deserving of this type of treatment.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Bussman, If the dollar is mighty then effect their ability to make it.
I know its more difficult on your end but try this.

1. definitely get a civil case started, they pressure will begin to work, save all documents, emails, and record all conversations with theses people. Notify them that you are recording (legal issue).
2. Go into the store as often as possible and complain as to see the manager and then begin to get loud!!!I know nobody like to be that guy, but if other customers see a upset client, they will think twice about buying and it will effect business.
3. Call your local attorney general offices, not albany, they may have existing files going.
I worked there and they have the least power, only if there are many with the same situation.
4. Call and complain to the better business bureau, not that effective but gets a track record going like the AG's office.
5. Possibly get and ad in the newspaper and let others know and see if all of you can get a settlement you can live with.
6. Pressure Mercury and let them know about the dealership and the product! why will they not honor the warranty? Were you sold a item under false pretenses? or is it product defect?

Sounds like your getting screwed royal, and the scenario seems like there is some info missing?
Keep at it and best wishes!
Internet heros give it a rest!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 10:59 AM »
OMG george, that is horrible!! Gimme a call if you need anything.

I will do everything I can to get the word out on these CROOKS!!

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 11:17 AM »
...new Mercury outboards carry a standard 3 yr warranty....its good at any Mercury outboard dealer.....sounds like you have more than afew problems which no doubt should be addressed legally....I suggest that contacting Mercury direct to advise them on what has transpired so far with your supposed "new" outboard....me thinks this will get part of the ball rolling so to speak.   Grump

I agree 100% !!   Also a suggestion .... Doccument everything , who you spoke with each time , time of day , what was said by all parties and the end result of the conversation  weather it be by phone or in person .
If you do need to take leagle action all your notes will help .
Do not let them know you are doing this or they will clam up and you wont get anywhere . Good Luck

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Called our bank (BANK US) that did the loan and informed them of what is going on. After all they bought the boat with me right!

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Unfortunately I'm not sure the bank will care !
All they know is SOMEONE will pay them back !
Good Luck

Eye Hunter

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Bussman, Had a friend of mine buy a new 33' fifth wheel from them about 6-7 years ago and they were sold a piece of junk. Leaked like a siv and I don't think they ever got it fixed right. I have heard nothing good about boat & RV . Good luck,

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I guess they have a few!

Boat NRV Warehouse complaints

Take note:
Closed Complaints
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 25
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 6

Guess I should have looked here before buying from them!
 :sick:

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Just got off the phone with the Times Union's is Robert Brill and I emailed him a link to this thread.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.