FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71633 times)

esox slayer

Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Bussman...really want to get them going??  Write a letter to the local paper, or all the papers in the area if more than one..there must be some sort of section in the paper that would publish this....you'd target a much larger segment than whats on here alone..and if they see you're that serious the guy may not be "busy" next time you call the marina...Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

spoonfed

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 01:31 PM »
i purchased a new boat and instantly had motor problems.the marina kept the stall thing going and mercury were dragging their feet so i used the removable soap type bars and wrote on the boat that they were crooks
and the boat was a lemon.bold writing.i parked it in front of the marina i purchased it at and left it there.i had a message when i returned back home that they wanted the boat moved. i left it for 2days(public street) when i received a call from the owner of the marina.my boat was fixed in three days.new motor and outdrive.

my point is dont play their game and show them your serious.

stay on mercury, they dont want a bad name from a bad dealer.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Sent this link to news channel 6 in Albany too!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 01:59 PM »
These are all good ideas, but CYA, documentation is key!
The public buys products from them, if no will buy then the strayegy will work.
This is a very small scope for a larger issue, wrong platform!
Internet heros give it a rest!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2006, 02:04 PM »
You under estimate this method. I hope these guys don't make that mistake!! NY is a large majority of the membership of this site and I have links to this thread on a half dozen forums. Watch the views as they pile up!

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 02:20 PM »
You under estimate this method. I hope these guys don't make that mistake!! NY is a large majority of the membership of this site and I have links to this threrad on a half dozen forums. Watch the views as they pile up!

all i know is if george tells me the service is crap and dont buy, then i listen. who wants any headaches when buying something for pleasure????   ill tell everyone i know about this incodent thats for sure

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 02:24 PM »
The wrong platform?? This is where is should all start. The beauty of this site is the sharing of information between our fellow sportsmen and women. We need to watch out for each other first, there are too many out there trying to screw us and take away what we have EARNED!!! It's jerks like this that take advantage of good-natured, honest, sportsmen and women. These people need to stop trying to get every gosh-darn dollar and start taking care of the people who take care of them. It is up to us to DEMAND that we get the service that we DESERVE!!! Every dollar that we hand over means something, we all need to act like it. The news and papers are full of people whining and crying about the stupidest things. The courts are full of people trying to sue others for meaningless things. It is time that the people who deserve attention, get that attention. It is "sad, but true" that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so be as squeaky as you have to be!

Mike

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I guess they have a few!

Boat NRV Warehouse complaints

Take note:

Guess I should have looked here before buying from them!
 :sick:
wow, looks like they have a few problems, at least your not alone out there.
And again, these companies under estimate the connections and media influence that fisherman have at times.  ;D
Keep the ball rolling and keep us updated in your battle.
Gooooood   Luck  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2006, 02:26 PM »
I would love to see you guys all link this thread to any place you think it might help get the word out. Even if I don't get this resolved to my satisfaction at least I will know I did all I could to prevent someone else from having it happen to them!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I would love to see you guys all link this thread to any place you think it might help get the word out. Even if I don't get this resolved to my satisfaction at least I will know I did all I could to prevent someone else from having it happen to them!
not a problem, will do  :evil:
I got ya posted on 2 other fishing sites I frequent.  :flag: need to get the word out.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

killitandgrillit

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 02:30 PM »
I'd be doing the same thing G. Spread the word that they suck, eventually they might actually fix the problem. I'd drive down there with my lawyer in the passenger seat and my boat hooked to the back. What they need is a nice threatening letter or something to show your serious. Take them to small claims court after you get the newspapers' attention.
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2006, 02:31 PM »
bussman.  I bought an Evinrude about 12-13 years ago.  After a year I hit a rock and destroyed the lower unit.  I called Evinrude (or wrote) and explained how I have 2 evinrudes, my dad has two, my brother has 2, and they supplied me with the new lower unit AT COST.  THAT was customer service.  In my mind, both the dealer and Mercury are dropping the ball.  A big company like Mercury should take better care of the ultimate consumer, not just 'well ya gotta deal with our dealer'.  Push them as hard as you can...OC

ps.  I will be buying a new boat next year.  Guess what dealer and what brand I will NOT be dealing with...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2006, 03:31 PM »
This is definitely the RIGHT platform to be working with for something like this!
There are almost 3000 people on this site, of which Im sure the majority are NY members!
This will definitely transfer the word of mouth about "BAD BUSINESS"!

Think about it this way... If I posted that one of our favorite fishing holes had a major oil spill in it (god forbid), and 30 of you planned on going there this coming weekend... then a few of you will read it and it will get passed on to your friends and then on to their friends and so on...  I just save you all alot of money on gas and other expenses for that weekend!
What Im trying to say is, George has a good thing going here by transfering this link around to other websites... Word of mouth can go along way and will severely damage business to this company!

Also, your local newspapers and all papers usually have a section called "opinions" or "editorials"....  this is where you write a letter to the newspaper explaining you problem... then a 1000 eyes read this and it again gets passed on and on and so on....
Use all the powers and possibilities you have at your fingertips and spread the word!
(I could give you a small example of how well this all works from experience at a pizza joint I used to work at... small in comparrison but definitely the same issue! The power of personal voice and some creative writing took care of that problem!)

Good luck George!

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 04:05 PM »
Good luck with this problem.  I hate seeing crap like this happen.  I had a boat that a weld snapped in.  I sent it back to the dealer and it took them 5 months to repair.  I ended up buying another boat to keep fishing.  When I got it back, I ended up selling it. 

dawg

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 04:15 PM »
 LIKE OTHERS SAID DOCUMENT DATE TIME WHOYOU TALKED TO AND WHAT WAS SAID START A NOTEBOOK DIARY YOU WILL BE PLEASED AS THIS SITUATION CONTINUES.  AND FORMOST THANK YOU FOR THE WARNING TO STAY AWAY FROM BOAT AND RV WAREHOUSE ALMOST STOPPED TO LOOK AT ONE OF THOSE SMOKERCRAFTS THIS SAT BUT DIDN'T CAUSE I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF MERC RATHER SEE A HONDA OR YAMAHA.PLEASE KEEP US POSTED AS I MAY BE PURCHASING WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR.
Give a man a fish and he eats for the day. Teach a man to fish and he will keep bait in the fridge

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.