FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71621 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mercury. Seems the numbers may not match the motor. The serial number is for a saltwater motor. They want pictures and they are going to get to the bottom of this. I have a name and he said he will handle this personally.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mercury. Seems the numbers don't match the motor. They want pictures and they are going to get to the bottom of this. I have a name and he said he will handle this personally.
wow, a little motor tampering now, lower unit swapping.  :P
sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.  ;D One can only hope.  :thumbup_smilie:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mercury. Seems the numbers don't match the motor. The serial number is for a slatwater motor. They want pictures and they are going to get to the bottom of this. I have a name and he said he will handle this personally.

Wow dude...now that is HUGE - you may REALLY have them by the balls now.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 04:48 PM »
I figured I would look into why the temp isn't working on the fish finder and it looks like the wrong transducer. I think I got a boat made up of all the parts and pieces everyone else brought back! I am bringing this thing back!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 04:57 PM »
bad business aside...it sounds as though there may be some illegal activity going on with these guys...those numbers are there for a reason and for the numbers not to match on a brand new motor doesnt seem right...ill be watching bussman keep us posted!!
Scotty 

esox slayer

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mercury. Seems the numbers don't match the motor. The serial number is for a slatwater motor. They want pictures and they are going to get to the bottom of this. I have a name and he said he will handle this personally.

Make sure after you get to the bottom of all this you keep the newspapers posted.....the "lemon" you have may otherwise end up in some poor other suckers hands....Esox

I hope Merc comes down on these guys hard....
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 05:40 PM »

WOW....Sounds like this dealership has crossed the line from legitimate (taken with a grain of salt of course) to full blown criminal enterprise!!!. I would do everything in your power to make there life a miserable as possible. 

Just remember.....

If you f$%k with the bull (or bussman) you get the horns!!!

Give'em the horns and keep us updated on there criminal enterprise.

Fishing is not a pastime, it's a way of life.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Here is a few pictures I sent Mercury.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 05:43 PM »
just watch your back Buss...from the looks of this outfit they are no stranger to the shady deal and may know a trick or two  :-\ 
Scotty 

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Here is a few pictures I sent Mercury.

HOLY S&^T, that isn't even close, turns out there not even good criminals. I hope you drive these guys right into the ground so this happens to no one else.

MXFisher

• One more cast!
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 05:52 PM »
Good luck with this problem.  I hate seeing crap like this happen.  I had a boat that a weld snapped in.  I sent it back to the dealer and it took them 5 months to repair.  I ended up buying another boat to keep fishing.  When I got it back, I ended up selling it. 

Gambell, you didn't happen to buy the 1st boat on Manitou rd did you?

applejacks

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Give me a call tomorrow  and I will show you where the attorney general office is.  Bring the crime scene with you. 
I will send the link to the Lake Champlain fishing forum if it is not already there.
Jim

Outlaw

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2006, 06:22 PM »
I'm the guy who bought a brand new boat from them and a month later the engine went. After numerous attempts to  fix it, I kept getting stuck and towed in, they finally replaced the whole motor. Their mechanics did the work and it never ran right after that. Yes they did swap props on me and only till i refused to leave their shop did they give me a new one. I was told several times that they were working on the boat, several times that  they ran the boat and twice they had it out on the river testing it. Then I received a phone call a week later asking me if I had left the keys to the boat when I dropped it off. I said, if you have run it and tested it and had it on the river why are you asking me if i left the keys when I dropped it off a week ago? I was quoted a price of $150 for winterization and when i went to pick it up they told me $350.00. I refused to pay it and finally after arguing with them, they gave in. There was a guy there when I went in to pick up mine complaining that they had damaged his boat, they admitted they did it but told him it would be 2 weeks before they could get to it. He told them they damaged it they should make his boat priority. Be carefull of Queensbury because they also told me they would do something to help me out. I sold this boat and have bought another one. I wont even go into what problems my brother had with B&RV

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 06:35 PM »
How long ago did this happen to you? Did you report them to anyone?

grumpymoe

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 06:39 PM »
Crawdad...
Guess what dealer and what brand I will NOT be dealing with...
...dont blame the manufacturer on this issue...Mercury will come through...they have been around alot longer than this fly by night dealer.....its the franchise that has created this issue...and they will die by their own sword....Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.