FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71650 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Mercury called me again!  :D

The guy handling this wanted to update me before he went home for the day! :thumbup_smilie: He said after talking to Day Brothers he wants to send a Technical Representative out because the report was as I said. He is very concerned! He also said he was sorry for this and wants to try to get the experts on it so they can resolve it and get my boat back to me ASAP.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2006, 05:45 PM »
sounds like progress!! funny how a little thing like a phonecall will make you feel better eh G... good for you, stay on them
Scotty 

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Mercury called me again!  :D

The guy handling this wanted to update me before he went home for the day! :thumbup_smilie: He said after talking to Day Brothers he wants to send a Technical Representative out because the report was as I said. He is very concerned! He also said he was sorry for this and wants to try to get the experts on it so they can resolve it and get my boat back to me ASAP.
Remind him you should be compinsated for the fuel you used ,the phone calls and all the trouble . You my get some boat services offerd to you . I know you only want what you paid for and your boat back but they should make it rite with you !

Eye Hunter

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Bussman, maybe if you ride them enough they will offer you a upgrade for all your trouble.   ;D

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2006, 11:44 PM »
'Great news Bussman.  Were with ya. 

Don't mess with a fisherman, don't even laugh
Or you'll get hooked with your own gaff 
You'll be beat with an Ugly Stick till nearly dead
And get your shads rapped till they Tru Turn red. 
You'll be jigged, spooned, and cast out of the pool.
And what you thought was profit will become nothing but drool

Trevor

I think I'll have another adult beverage now. Thanks don't mind if I do

beaverfsu

« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2006, 05:48 AM »
Great Phone call!  Too bad that Mercury's Tech Rep can't go break some knee caps over at the RV joint....ah, the good old days.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2006, 07:02 AM »
Glad to see Mercury is investigating further.  I think you will get satisfaction now! 
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2006, 07:06 AM »
Well it sounds like you are getting satisfaction at last. I hope that Merc. takes a good look into who they give (sell) their franchise to after this. Sounds like this place is out to rip people off, the old take the money and run theory. I also hope Smokercraft does the same, maybe both companies will pull their products from this so called dealer to save face for themselves. Both are quaility name products but for sure are getting a bad rap because of this company who is selling them. It's bad when a customer has to go through all this to protect his investment and himself from such a real scam artist like this group. I guess from now on if someones wants to buy new and sees this happen they are going to have to write down serial numbers of everything to protect themselves from fraud. It seems to me thats exactly what happened here. They set out a boat and motor, someone buys it, and they change the motors lower unit for no apparent reason who knows what else got changed from the time you looked at it and purchased it to the day you recieved it. Not exactly what you put your hard earned money down on thats for sure. You have to know something is up when the company doesnt even call the buyer back. If this was a used outfit it would be up to the buyer to protect himself, I didnt think it should be a "buyer beware" purchase of new products. Things like this give reputable name products a bad name. I would hate to think that Merc and Smokercraft need people like this in their buisness to make money. If I were them I would  surely think of pulling their products from them, make you a happy customer and others who have gone through the same thing you are going through. It only seems fair to me.
ColdFeet
Did you put the plug in the boat?

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2006, 07:27 AM »
After reading through the whole post I think these are the same morons I bought a boat from years ago (boats R us) in Saratoga county, now they have a store in Clifton Park(boat n rv).

Anyways they yanked us around on a brand new Maxum, screwed up the financing, promised us a boat cover and we had to fight with them to get the cover. Real jerks to their customers.

I think a lot of these boat dealers take customers for granted, I bought a nice used Crownline a few years ago and they never cleaned it, they state inspected the trailer and there was no fluid in the brake cylinder, the brakes were worn out, just about everything they did they screwed up!! I had to fight with them to get new brakes and a discount for not having the boat ready. They finally made everything right, but you shouldn't have to threaten them with a lawyer when it should have been "right" in the first place!!

Glad to see you spanked their A$$es!!

Robb

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Oh I think this would be interesting to a lot of you as well. If I call the number on the Smokercraft website it directs me to guess who!

Boat N RV Warehouse
 :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

I live over 3 hours away from that store! :o Just think how many smokercraft customers are directed to this dealer by Smokercraft themselves. Smokercraft obviously needs to get involved here but as of yet they still haven't taken a serious interest in this.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2006, 08:38 AM »
I think this is something you guys might be interested in as well:

I live 172 miles from Boat N Rv Warehouse and there are 9 Smokercraft dealers closer to my house (all this data is from Smokercrafts website)but guess which place I get directed to if I call the Smokercraft number (1-866-719-7873) on there site.

Boat N RV Warewhouse

I wonder how large an area Smokercrafts has directed to this store? This doesn't seem right! If I were those other nine dealers I would be upset!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2006, 08:54 AM »
Send smokercraft an email with a link to this thread.  That might get them a little interested. 
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Just got off the phone with Phil Smoker. ;D

He spent quite a bit of time listening to me and he even looked up this thread.  :o He is going to get to the bottom of this and has assured me he will do it as quickly as possible. He is even addressing some other issues that I didn't point out on here that seemed small compared to this motor issue.

BTW he even mentions that he likes the way the Site is set up!! :clapping:

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2006, 09:42 AM »
Just got off the phone with Mercury and they will be replacing the entire motor. :clapping: :clapping:

They offered to have Day Brothers do it and I told him that was fine but I also asked him to call Phil Smoker because Phil is looking for a dealer for me to go to that will handle this properly.

I believe Mercury and smokercraft will make this right now and I am very very happy!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Glad to hear it Bussman!  I would suggest having the dealer do a once over to look to see if there are other things that might need attention.  Ya never know what those crooks at   Boat N RV might have tried to get away with...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.