FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71625 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2006, 09:56 AM »
I think Smokercraft will make sure that is done.

Phil seems like a great guy to deal with and he really seems to care!

grumpymoe

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2006, 10:27 AM »
WTG George....I had no doubt in my mind that Mercury would come through for you....and its sure nice to see an owner with hands on like Phil isn't it?...some franchises don't derserve to represent any manufacturer and looks like this one if it ever recovers will never be the same...Grump  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Bussman,

Glad to hear things are starting to come around for you.  Hopefully this will have you on the water in a NEW boat and motor soon.  Make sure you post what exactly was up so everyone knows. 

Good luck,
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

beaverfsu

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2006, 12:09 PM »
I am sure it doesn't feel like it, but this was really pretty quick.  I am very happy to see this resolved, especially the actions by Mercury and Smoker.  Nice move to connect Mercury with Phil Smoker.

Just an idea, do you have emails for Mercury and Smoker where we could voice our support of their actions?  Nice to remind them how many people are watching this event.

Any idea of legal actions against the RV chumps by Mercury, AG, etc? 

Pikeguy

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2006, 12:41 PM »
Bussman, very glad to hear you got this resolved. Sounds like Smokercraft is making it right and that's something I'll remember when I am looking for a new boat.

seaweed01

« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2006, 01:21 PM »
George,

Glad to see/hear everything is working out for you.

WATCH OUT FISH - HERE COMES BUSSMAN WITH A NEW BOAT AND MOTOR!

esox slayer

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2006, 01:30 PM »
I am sure it doesn't feel like it, but this was really pretty quick.  I am very happy to see this resolved, especially the actions by Mercury and Smoker.  Nice move to connect Mercury with Phil Smoker.

Just an idea, do you have emails for Mercury and Smoker where we could voice our support of their actions?  Nice to remind them how many people are watching this event.

Any idea of legal actions against the RV chumps by Mercury, AG, etc? 

George..either post the information about the e-mail contacts or PM me..and I'll send a thanks to both companies for taking this matter seriously..it is a great idea beaversfsu had for the membership to send a quick note so they do see the amount of people on both IS and MFF....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

yoda

« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Somebody should print these comments out and mail them around to the local dealers, Show them over 1600 fisherpeople see them for who they are.

mcully

« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2006, 02:05 PM »
It's great to see the manufacturers standing behind their  products but I hope all of you see to the crooks being keel hauled still. It doesn't look like you were the first person to get robbed it seems it is a company creed. Hi my name is Boat N RV please bend over.

OTIS

« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Gotta love a happy ending!  Great job George!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Somebody should print these comments out and mail them around to the local dealers, Show them over 1600 fisherpeople see them for who they are.

George, count me as 1601.....I'll send a letter also
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2006, 03:17 PM »
Hold the letters guys! :cursing:

Spoke to Mercury and they are only going to replace the lower unit. I don't like this but I need to take some time to think about this one.  :-\ |They assured me Day Brothers will do a great job and I am sure they will but I still would feel better with a NEW Motor. I asked about the numbers and I was told the numbers were from a Saltwater Unit but that in 2006 models some do have red on them instead of Blue and may not have saltwater written on it. I was told that this is a salt water model.

After I spoke to Mercury guess who called, Eric Gieger from Boat N RV Warehouse. He wanted to know what was wrong and if I had any outstanding issues. I tried to explain this all to him and I just don't think he gets it. The conversation ended with me telling him I didn't feel comfortable working with them anymore. Phil Smoker told me he was going to get this issue taken care of with another dealer and I sure hope he does. I called Mr. Smoker and left a message asking him to call me back. I need him to call me back ASAP because I am sick to my stomach again. At this point I feel I am right back where I was yesterday. BTW I did ask Eric Gieger if he would take the boat back and give me my money back and he said he can't because the boat has been registered.  ::)

Take advantage of this guys and speak your mind. I do think your opinions are being heard!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2006, 03:30 PM »
If this happened to me, I dont know if I would be talking too much....if the Mercury had a bent shaft, it surely didnt happen on the bench being tested ( explains the lower end being swapped)....so IMHO the motor is NOT NEW....I would be asking Mercury as a gesture of goodwill to take the motor back and replace it with what you bought and paid for George....BRAND NEW!!!...nothing less...sure it is under warranty for 3 years or more with the extended...but....leaves that sick wondering feeling in your stomach....is something else going to break due to unknown past adventures?......if you bought it as a demo, than it would be a different story...here's hoping Mercury does the rightful thing....Grump

beaverfsu

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2006, 03:35 PM »
Buss-
Anybody bother to explain how this lower unit came to be attached to the motor?  Did I miss that?   With this extreme of a case, I think Mercury should replace the whole thing.  If nothing more, a sign of good faith and buisness.  You didn't pay for a "parted" motor.

Besides, in my way of thinking, the whole motor should be evidence of fraud and stored at the sherriff's office.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Just got off the phone with Mr.Smoker. He thinks Mercury is doing what they should and has agreed to set me up with one of his "Really Good" dealers nearby. I need to send him some pcitures of the canvas now. I am not feeling completly satisfied and I don't know if I am going to at this point.  :sick:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.