FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71607 times)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Buss-
Anybody bother to explain how this lower unit came to be attached to the motor?  Did I miss that?   With this extreme of a case, I think Mercury should replace the whole thing.  If nothing more, a sign of good faith and buisness.  You didn't pay for a "parted" motor.

Besides, in my way of thinking, the whole motor should be evidence of fraud and stored at the sherriff's office.

mercury may only be obligated to replace the lower unit but i think with all the BULL youve had to deal with you should be getting a NEW motor, not the same motor patched again   ::)  ...BOO to MERCURY  :cursing:  cheers to mr smoker for making sure things get done right !! :clapping:  i cant beleive the crap you have to deal with after all the money you spent...and i cant beleive this CLOWN RV JOINT hasnt been charged with anything!! were you able to file a complaint with the AG?
Scotty 

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2006, 04:11 PM »
I haven't in hopes that everyone involved would "do the right thing". Maybe I am dreaming of the good old days! :sick:

beaverfsu

« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Hang in there Buss-you got this far due to the pressure that you applied, I say keep it up!  I am somewhat suprised at the progess you have made this fast to be honest.

ajwiez2

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2006, 07:20 PM »
hey bussman if you keep your head and document every thing that you do and have done all phone calls and emails and any other contacts with whom ever on this problem , and in particular your conversation with Mercury ,  you really do have them by the short ones on this matter . But you may not have your self out on the water any time soon this summer. aj

OTIS

« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2006, 09:01 PM »
It's always best to mitigate, but it sounds like it's time to litigate.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Chainsaw

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2006, 03:07 AM »
        All of this hard information should still get sent somewhere where the authorities will have a running record of these creeps, at least to forwarn any new customers of their antics. At least you're getting somewhere though. We hope it gets better.
        Add me to the list of Phil Smoker fans too if he can help get it fixed. Good luck.

beaverfsu

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2006, 04:03 AM »
While I am not a lawyer  ;D, I agree with Chainsaw-stick with the authorities and think Criminal case-Fraud and not civil. 

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54 AM »
bussman, you bought a new motor, you should have a new motor!  not a patch job...

MERCURY, STAND BY YOUR PRODUCT!  I'll say it again.  When I get a new boat next year, it will NOT have a Mercury on it.  How can I buy one when they are not FULLY taking care of you?  That is just disgusting.  I'll stick with Evinrude.  They stand by their customers...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

slabby1

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2006, 11:03 AM »
This would be a great novel,with the profits we could buy our friend a new EVINRUDE,look at the characters,imagine how many times we could use the words smoker,shaft,etc.Really makes you wonder,hope justice prevails.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2006, 11:14 AM »
I haven't in hopes that everyone involved would "do the right thing". Maybe I am dreaming of the good old days! :sick:

That is the problem!! I worked at the AG's office in Buffalo.
They needed to establish a repetitive behavior of a company before they can investigate and prosecute.
Anyone remember New World Charter (travel agency)? First Super Bowl for the Bills? All the people who bought packages for the game and got screwed? Most famous Ag's case in WNY. MANY PEOPLE DID NOT REPORT IT UNTIL THE MEDIA TOOK THE STORY AND RAN!!!!
GET A PAPER TRIAL!!!!!!!

These bad companies have some scattered complaints, they needed to be connected and establish the pattern!

Why not Cover your AS- with filing a report? Do you still believe in old time business?
Fading memories!
Get tough it's YOUR money!!! and you be eligible for Damages and expenses.
Internet heros give it a rest!

mcully

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Should move this to general section and really let people know how many buyers read this site. Face it we all drop a large chunk of change on fishing no matter what we tell our significant others and we deserve to get what we pay for. The dang boat n rv place should just have sucked it up and replaced the motor from the start. It's not rocket science that the lower unit should have paint on it after using it. Do the right thing!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2006, 12:58 PM »
Called Mercury and tried to make them understand that they really should reconsider repairing instead of replacing my engine. The guy I am working with said he will do what he can to convey my issue to his supervisors including using the pictures etc. and will get back to me.

I also sent an email out to Phil Smoker yesterday with a few pictures of the canvas and I am still waiting to hear from him.  :-\

In the email to Mr. Smoker, I asked if he could come up with a way that I wouldn't have to deal with so many different people and just work though one local Smokercraft dealer (of his choice) to handle all of these issues but obviously not Boat N RV Warehouse.

Pikeguy

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Good luck with it Bussman...Hope you get a new motor. Kinda like a virgin ...Just makes ya feel better :w00t:

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I called Phil Smoker and left him a message asking if he got my email and asked him again if we could get this boat in one dealers hands to do everything so I don't have to deal with so many separate people/places.

iceisnice

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Wow what a fight.  I believe Mercury should give you a new engine or better yet Boat n RV because you bought a new one and recieved something else.  what you bought was misrepresented.
If for some reason that doesn't happen a free transferable extended warranty from Merc so you can unload their junk and put a new one on would be in order.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.