FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71625 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2006, 06:16 PM »
If for some reason that doesn't happen a free transferable extended warranty from Merc so you can unload their junk and put a new one on would be in order.

You want to buy a boat?  :-\ It will come with a fully transferable warranty! ::)

gunner1

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Well, I'm pulling for you bussman but I have to play devil's advocate here for a second. If the motor runs fine and there are no problems with IT, why would you want the whole engine replaced? If they put a brand new lower unit on the brand new motor, everything will be as it should, right? I'm not necessarily saying that you shouldn't maybe get a complete unit, but if it seems like Merc is really bending over backwards for you you may want to compromise. Then again, if it was me and my pig headedness, I'd probably be pushing for it too! :-\

applejacks

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Was Busman really given the new motor he bought?  If it was new why did they have to replace the lower unit? 

grumpymoe

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2006, 07:49 PM »
If they put a brand new lower unit on the brand new motor, everything will be as it should, right
....WRONG!!! it was supposed to be brand NEW...it was NOT.  when a shaft gets bent requiring replacement of the lower end, you can almost rest assured that the engine stopped running at the same time as well....it may run ok at the moment, but there definetely must have been some strain on connecting rods,pistons/pins etc......If Bussman paid for new, it should be entirely new IMHO...and he as NEW owner, shouldnt be paying for something that was obviously mounted to the same or another boat at some point in time.....Bussman...a dealer should be able to access the onboard computor and extract the run time....Grump (just another thought)  ;D

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Believe me Gunner1, I am conflicted he too. :-\

I know they are trying to make things right  but when all the work is done and I wind up in and out of the shop instead of fishing then I will know why I have that little bird keeps saying something still isn't right. If this dealer worked on the lower unit without Mercury's consent and then tried to pass it off as Brand new and fully warrentied then wouldn't you wonder what else they did? If it wasn't for the paint coming off so fast I may have never even know. Believe me I am playing devil's advocate with each step I take and I am very unsure of what would be asking to much! I hope mercury proves me wrong here and it all winds up fine. If so I will surely let everyone know.

gunner1

« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2006, 08:22 PM »
....WRONG!!! it was supposed to be brand NEW...it was NOT.  when a shaft gets bent requiring replacement of the lower end, you can almost rest assured that the engine stopped running at the same time as well....it may run ok at the moment, but there definetely must have been some strain on connecting rods,pistons/pins etc......If Bussman paid for new, it should be entirely new IMHO...and he as NEW owner, shouldnt be paying for something that was obviously mounted to the same or another boat at some point in time.....Bussman...a dealer should be able to access the onboard computor and extract the run time....Grump (just another thought)  ;D

Oh, okay sorry. I didn't realize the shaft and motor were directly linked. I thought there would be a coupling or something like in a car or truck. If that's the case then YES Merc should replace the motor. At worse they simply bring it back to the factory and check it out. If it needs to be scrapped they can or they can refurbish it and sell it that way. I think that if they realize the scope of this single topic in this one forum on this one website, they'll get the big picture and just write it off as the cost of doing GOOD BUSINESS with your customers. As a big company with three or four major competitors you definately don't want to steer current or future customers away from your products.

mcully

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2006, 04:47 AM »
The place you bought it from must really be bad as we have not seen one positive comment from anyone. Good luck.

OTIS

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2006, 07:21 AM »
Well some good news has come out of this.  A guy at work was about to purchase a new boat and guess what place was at the top of his list, Boat and RV!  I pointed him to this thread, and he is now purchasing his new $20K+ rig from another dealer.  This consumer alert made all the difference, and totally changed his mind towards Boat and RV.  Chalk up another loss for them due to this thread!!!

Keep after them George, we're behind ya all the way!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

esox slayer

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2006, 07:48 AM »
Believe me Gunner1, I am conflicted he too. :-\

I know they are trying to make things right  but when all the work is done and I wind up in and out of the shop instead of fishing then I will know why I have that little bird keeps saying something still isn't right. If this dealer worked on the lower unit without Mercury's consent and then tried to pass it off as Brand new and fully warrentied then wouldn't you wonder what else they did? If it wasn't for the paint coming off so fast I may have never even know. Believe me I am playing devil's advocate with each step I take and I am very unsure of what would be asking to much! I hope mercury proves me wrong here and it all winds up fine. If so I will surely let everyone know.

George..push like he** for the entire new deal.  You paid for brand new, there should be no doubt left in your mind after this is all said and done that you have entirely new.  Don't let up on them now, it appears that it's going to go your way.

PM me those e-mail addresses with names and I'll send a letter to the respective companies thanking them for their attention to your concerns.  Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Pikeguy

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2006, 07:59 AM »
Well some good news has come out of this.  A guy at work was about to purchase a new boat and guess what place was at the top of his list, Boat and RV!  I pointed him to this thread, and he is now purchasing his new $20K+ rig from another dealer.  This consumer alert made all the difference, and totally changed his mind towards Boat and RV.  Chalk up another loss for them due to this thread!!!

Keep after them George, we're behind ya all the way!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Good!!  Screw those crooks  :evil:

grumpymoe

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2006, 08:09 AM »
A guy at work was about to purchase a new boat and guess what place was at the top of his list, Boat and RV!  I pointed him to this thread, and he is now purchasing his new $20K+ rig from another dealer.  This consumer alert made all the difference, and totally changed his mind towards Boat and RV.  Chalk up another loss for them due to this thread!!!
....I would have to say that either they haven't read this thread at all....or ownership/management doesn't have the smarts to make things "Right"......its going to hurt them exactly where it counts!!....on the Bottom Line  Grump

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Hey Bussman put the web addresses for the companies involved and have members send them E-mails from, across the country.
Mercury and smokecraft will get the ideal.

Also start litigation, as a way to cover your backside!
Internet heros give it a rest!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2006, 08:57 AM »
while it is entirely possible that the rv place "borrowed" the lower unit to repair someone elses outboard, then the rest of the motor could still be brand new...but how would you know. you certainly cant trust the rv warehouse to tell you the truth...how would merc know? they sure as hell didnt have a clue as to why your motor has even been tampered with in the first place.  >:(   i dont know how youre coping with this all G but id be ready to launch that boat through someones office window!!  this boat place should be on the news!!!
Scotty 

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Boat N RV Warehouse's warranty guy (Danny) called and left me a message to call him back. I did and got a voice mailbox again. I left my name and number.  :-\

beaverfsu

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2006, 12:55 PM »
Buss-I am sure that this wearing you out.  Thanks for keeping us in the loop so frequently.  I hope you are keeping the pressure on these nutt buggets....a TV crew sounds great.

Alot of folks, including myself at first, have mentioned civil litigation.  However, I not sure what can be accomplished through civil court.  Not dimenisioning what Buss is going through-but think about what has happened.  Buss got screwed on a new motor-but the manufacturor is replacing the lower unit and hopefully the whole thing....Smoker is taking care of their end.  In a cold, legal view-what damage has Buss suffered?  That's B S, but the law is like that.   This is a criminal case, that system is designed to handle exactly this problem-fraud, misrepresentation, etc.  It may not be fair, but that is the system.  I think Buss has done a great job of working the system and putting heat on these idiots.

Again, don't misunderstand me-Buss is getting screwed by a bunch of crooks-they deserve everything they get in the end-criminal charges, loss of mercury and smoker as vendors, boat through the windows...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.