FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71641 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Called Mercury again and the guy I am working with has all the information to his supervisor and is waiting for an answer to my question about an entirely new motor. Man I hope Grump is right!

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44 PM »
I just read the 1st page of this, and I didn't take the time to read the other 9 pages, but I wouldn't have even hesitated to take the boat back and demand a full refund. If that was a no-go according to them, I would have just told them to prepare to speak with my lawyer.

What you experienced is complete crap. And I'm sure if you informed Mercury about the situation, they probably wouldn't be a mercury dealer very long. Which would certianly take away some of their ego.

I'm upset at this whole situation and I'm 4 states away. I really hope that you get the entire problem resolved.

OTIS

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I agree with you beaverfsu, but I believe that this should be taken up as a criminal case by the attorney general's office.  George isn't the only Boat and RV victim, and they need to be punished.

RWR you should read the entire thread when you have the time, it's well worth it.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

beaverfsu

« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Otis-that is exactley what I am saying, the AG has to push.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2006, 02:19 PM »
I want to be sure I give everyone involved the time to do the "right thing" before I follow though with lawyers. Anyone involved who cares should be looking into this thread by now. If Boat N RV wants to work this out they can do it though Mercury and Smokercraft. I really wish Smokercraft would take ownership of this entire thing and sort it out. In the mean time all I keep asking for is the NEW BOAT, MOTOR, TRAILER etc. that I paid for!!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Called Boat N RV again and left another message on ext 181 so they can not say I am not giving them a chance.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Just got a call from Phil Smoker. ;D He has contacted a nearby Sylvan dealer who is more then willing to take the boat in and go over it for me. Smokercraft and Sylvan are both owned by the smoker family in case your wondering. He did tell me the dealer is backed up a few weeks and wanted me to know that if there is anything major he might not be able to get to it right away. I fully understand this and look forward to being able to work with a new dealership.

Mr. Smoker received a few pictures of my canvas and is trying to get in touch with HIS contacts at Boat N RV to talk to them about it and he asked me if Mercury was taking care of the Motor. I told him I was pressing them to replace the entire motor and he said he would also call Mercury and see if he can't help me out there.

I want to thank Phil Smoker for getting back to me and taking a personal interest in this. After all, he is an owner of this company and he is taking time for a single customer. That says a lot in my book!   :thumbup_smilie:

Please make sure if your reading this you let him know. I am pretty sure as I said before he is reading along here too.  ;)

esox slayer

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2006, 03:57 PM »
Just got a call from Phil Smoker. ;D He has contacted a nearby Sylvan dealer who is more then willing to take the boat in and go over it for me. Smokercraft and Sylvan are both owned by the smoker family in case your wondering. He did tell me the dealer is backed up a few weeks and wanted me to know that if there is anything major he might not be able to get to it right away. I fully understand this and look forward to being able to work with a new dealership.

Mr. Smoker received a few pictures of my canvas and is trying to get in touch with HIS contacts at Boat N RV to talk to them about it and he asked me if Mercury was taking care of the Motor. I told him I was pressing them to replace the entire motor and he said he would also call Mercury and see if he can't help me out there.

I want to thank Phil Smoker for getting back to me and taking a personal interest in this. After all, he is an owner of this company and he is taking time for a single customer. That says a lot in my book!   :thumbup_smilie:

Please make sure if your reading this you let him know. I am pretty sure as I said before he is reading along here too.  ;)

Very nice to see Mr. Smoker taking a personal interest in this matter.  I hope he is following this thread and sees that we all as fishermen appreciate his making sure he has a satisfied customer AFTER the papers are signed.....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2006, 03:58 PM »
wow that says a lot for smokercraft. im very impressed with phil smokers dedication to customer service  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Chucker

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2006, 03:59 PM »

I'm a few years away from a boat, but that's DEFINITELY something I'll make a note of.

billybono

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Nice! :clapping: :clapping:

billybono

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2006, 04:35 PM »
and here

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4459

810  new york mostly users

billybono

Spysar

• Protect and Preserve, Maintain the Reserve
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Hey Bussman, this is my first post here. I just read all ten pages, and I'm outraged. I can't believe they're screwing around and not giving you what you paid for. If I was the guy responsible for pulling this stunt, I'd replace everything and pray you didn't have me thrown in jail!  This should be cut and dry. I live in the albany area, and I am an avid boater, my boat is docked at the castleton boat club on the Hudson. I will never ever go to the boat and rv warehouse, in fact I will make sure everyone I know never goes there. I HATE this kind of crap. I am a mod on several outdoor sites and this link is going everywhere I can put it. Wise up merc, and do the right thing. Thank you Mr Smoker you are off the hit list.  Bussman, since you don't have a boat, I would like to give you an invitation to fish with me on the Hudson for stripers. You can e-mail me if your interested.

esox slayer

« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Called Mercury again and the guy I am working with has all the information to his supervisor and is waiting for an answer to my question about an entirely new motor. Man I hope Grunp is right!

George..the more I think about this..the more Merc should cough up a complete new engine.  It's not going to cost them a dime if they do, any expense associated with getting you a brand new one, including shipping costs, etc, should just be backcharged against the Boat and RV place, I doubt they'll raise too much stink, especially if Merc decides they might want to pull their products away from these crooks.

What WILL cost Merc money in the long run is if you don't receive complete satisfaction out of this fiasco, I'm sure word will get around about it and people may think twice about purchasing a Merc.  They can cough up a new one now and eat that expense, or take the chance on losing 2 or more sales in the future, in which case they've lost more money than giving you a new engine..sounds simple enough to me.  Maybe I over simplified it, but from my perspective I'd rather give one away rather than lose a few or more...Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.