FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71632 times)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Hey Bussman, this is my first post here. I just read all ten pages, and I'm outraged. I can't believe they're screwing around and not giving you what you paid for. If I was the guy responsible for pulling this stunt, I'd replace everything and pray you didn't have me thrown in jail!  This should be cut and dry. I live in the albany area, and I am an avid boater, my boat is docked at the castleton boat club on the Hudson. I will never ever go to the boat and rv warehouse, in fact I will make sure everyone I know never goes there. I HATE this kind of crap. I am a mod on several outdoor sites and this link is going everywhere I can put it. Wise up merc, and do the right thing. Thank you Mr Smoker you are off the hit list.  Bussman, since you don't have a boat, I would like to give you an invitation to fish with me on the Hudson for stripers. You can e-mail me if your interested.

that is a great first post here spysar...welcome to MFF... way to go mr smoker!! keeping the customer happy will go a long ways and he obviously knows this!!  :clapping:
Scotty 

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2006, 08:33 PM »
Bravo, Mr. Smoker.

Shellback

« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2006, 08:56 PM »
I see alot of replies saying Merc ought to take the motor back and or Smoker Craft take the whole rig back. It seems to me the it was the dealer that was the cause of all the problems. If the dealer messed with the rig, why should the manufacturer be responsible for replacing it? I do feel they should put the pressure of the dealer for righting all wrongs, if not, terminate them as dealers for the products.

grumpymoe

« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2006, 09:05 PM »
If the dealer messed with the rig, why should the manufacturer be responsible for replacing it?
....the dealer is a franchisee....representing the manufacturer(s).....no doubt the dealer ( rather loosely used for this outfit  ::)) should be the one making things right...but when they dont, the ball falls in the lap of the two misfortunate companies that lose the most with all the negative publicity...and the only one so far that has taken some positive action is SmokerCraft.....Mercury hasnt as yet....my thought is they are taking due time to carefully get to the one and only story as to what happened to Bussman's "supposedly new" motor.....time will tell.....Grump

Chucker

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2006, 09:07 PM »
I see alot of replies saying Merc ought to take the motor back and or Smoker Craft take the whole rig back. It seems to me the it was the dealer that was the cause of all the problems. If the dealer messed with the rig, why should the manufacturer be responsible for replacing it? I do feel they should put the pressure of the dealer for righting all wrongs, if not, terminate them as dealers for the products.

Grump beat me to it.  The customer would still be left holding the bag, and the parent companies would still have a bad rep.  Nobody wins.

spoonfed

« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2006, 10:27 PM »
its merc and smoker craft that chose to have the boat & rv place sell their product.  i agree that b&r should take care of it but,  1) they srcewed it up in the start whats to say they are capable to fix it  2) if the b&r place wont do anything then merc or smoker should. you paid for a new not rebuilt or mended boat and motor.  you should get a NEW boat and motor. if not then tell them they owe you money for the used boat you paid new price for.

if i were to put a roof on your house and charge full price but put used shingles on,  would you be satisfied.  i think not.  why should a boat be any different. so what if it has the same warranty.big deal.the amount of money difference between buying that boat new compared to used is alot. and its used!

new motor period!wouldn't settle for less.and to be quite honest the boat too.if it was me i'd give you a whole new package and send you down the road happy.

good luck george.  hope someone makes this right for you.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

z

« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2006, 08:11 AM »
George,
You just can't stay out from under that black cloud, can you?  I have a Merc on my boat and have no problems with it, ever.  Buuuuut.....i will still send a letter to them stating my dissatisfaction with the way they have handled this matter and inform them that unless this matter is settled properly(new motor) my next boat will have an Evinrude.  Not that it would really matter to them, but it's the principal.  Park the whole rig in their parking lot with a note on it, telling them where to put it, and make it big enough for the whole wolrd to see as they drive by.  Then default on the loan and have them sue you and see how much attention you can draw to the whole mess through the media.( i say this half in jest, of course).  Give me a call when you have time, i know this will be tough since all your phone minutes are being eaten up by calls to everyone else.

Z

Shellback

« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2006, 06:41 PM »
its merc and smoker craft that chose to have the boat & rv place sell their product.  i agree that b&r should take care of it but,  1) they srcewed it up in the start whats to say they are capable to fix it  2) if the b&r place wont do anything then merc or smoker should. you paid for a new not rebuilt or mended boat and motor.  you should get a NEW boat and motor. if not then tell them they owe you money for the used boat you paid new price for.

if i were to put a roof on your house and charge full price but put used shingles on,  would you be satisfied.  i think not.  why should a boat be any different. so what if it has the same warranty.big deal.the amount of money difference between buying that boat new compared to used is alot. and its used!

new motor period!wouldn't settle for less.and to be quite honest the boat too.if it was me i'd give you a whole new package and send you down the road happy.

good luck george.  hope someone makes this right for you.
You just confirmed my point of view. You state that if you put used shingles on my roof when paying for new ones, would I be satisfied?  So if that was the case and you put used shingles on, would the manufacturer of the shingles be responsible for what you did? I think not.  The dealer holds the responsibility for this mans problems, not the manufacturers. As I said before though. The manufacturers should follow thru and make sure the dealer corrects all problems, or the dealership's franchises should be taken away.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2006, 07:02 PM »
Link post here too:
http://www.nybass.com/showthread.php?t=15799
with almost 500 views too.
The word is getting out.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

esox slayer

« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Link post here too:
http://www.nybass.com/showthread.php?t=15799
with almost 500 views too.
The word is getting out.

I wonder if any of those knuckleheads over at the marina have read any of this...George..you ought to send them this link and let them see the negative attention they're getting from screwing around with you....they may not care..but they may also see why their sales drop through the summer if they do read this....

If it's got Mercs and Smokercrafts attention..think how those puny little runts over at the marina must be feeling right about now....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2006, 08:35 PM »
Wait until you guys see this!!

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15960512/gotomsg/15960977.cfm

Now I feel like a fool! I will never buy anything without a Hiring a PI to do a background check on the place first!

Outlaw

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2006, 08:49 PM »
Wait until you guys see this!!

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/15960512/gotomsg/15960977.cfm

Now I feel like a fool! I will never buy anything without a Hiring a PI to do a background check on the place first!

I have had many dealings with B&RV, all bad, every one i talk to when i tell them the problems I had knew I went to them.
I called Brunswick Marine and Mercury about all my dealings with B&RV and I have found others who have done the same. The problem is that B&RV can and do move alot of boats and the manufacturers want thier product sold. B&RV does that and the manufactureres turn a deaf ear to the consumer. Boat and RV from what I have heard has had a bad rep for some time and the manufacturers need to do something about this dealer. Evertime I went in there over the past 2 years the service manager has changed, the mechanics change and the general manager has changed. more than once

Outlaw

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2006, 08:57 PM »
If you recall in an earlier post, I mentioned a guy that had his boat damaged by them? After he walked away from the service desk the service manager called him an %^&&hole. He didnt realize I was standing there and I asked him how many times he had called me that when I could not hear him? I told the guy what the SM said and backed him up when he confronted the SM about it. I agree that the problem is the dealer but after numerous complaints about them the manufacturers need to do something about it.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2006, 11:55 PM »
The problem is that B&RV can and do move a lot of boats and the manufacturers want their product sold. B&RV does that and the manufactureres turn a deaf ear to the consumer. Boat and RV from what I have heard has had a bad rep for some time and the manufacturers need to do something about this dealer. Evertime I went in there over the past 2 years the service manager has changed, the mechanics change and the general manager has changed. more than once

I can't help but think the same way but I also think manufactures names are inadvertently going to get drug down with places like this.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.