FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71617 times)

Chainsaw

Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2006, 06:13 AM »
        I don't know how to do it on this computer but could someone post links to the appropriate sites such as: The Attorney General's Office - Mercury outboards - The Consumer Fraud and Protection Agency - The Better Business Bureau - Boat n R-V Warehouse - ALL Other Fishing websites - Other RV & Boating Websites.

We know that the web gets news spread around the world in seconds, even to Canada, where one reader says they are 'Dumping' these things because of the good dollar exchange. These are all potential buyers and since we know so much about their negative side mayhap we could do our civic duty and warn them.

I'll look some of 'em up myself and just write 'em down to post here, but they may not appear as 'Links' per-se. I will e-Mail each place as an individual and tell them my experience's and what's happening on this site. As for Mercury, I'll let 'em know about my desire for a larger motor on my new boat, and that their resolution in this case may make all the difference.

With respect to Mercury's position in this I ask why they had to replace the lower unit at all. If the man bought a new boat an motor and something ocurred when it was still with Boat n' RV then they should have explained to him what happened and as unhappy as he may have been they could have gotten away with that and written in a longer warranty for other parts damaged, but not found right away. At least Bussman would be fishing for fish instead of justice, which we all know is something only some can afford, unless you have numbers of folks on your side.

Can I assume(?) that the correct address/link to this site and topic is what's up on the address bar? I will include it in my message to all those folks too. In the meantime Bussman, I have a 17' Sea Nymph with only a 25hp Yamaha and two 55lb trolling motors, (1 fore - 1 aft), and all the accouterments, on a trailer, that you could borrow whenever you need it. PM me for details.

Chainsaw

« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2006, 08:32 AM »
        I found a couple of sites that may provide more coverage for this complaint. If this Boat n' RV place is a member than the final organization may be interested inasmuch as it swears that it's members have ethics to which they must adhere in order to stay members, which is a selling point. Boat n' RV appears to have no ethics so it's membership must be revoked, or at the very least, reviewed.
        There are also many other web sites looking for complaints such as yours so it might be a good idea to tap into some of those and voice off. I haven't e-Mailed Mercury yet but they're next on the list. Some other sites are: [email protected]
        www.oag.state.ny.us
        http://www.dec.state.ny.us/

Hope these will help. Check out the DEC site closely too. Good Luck.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2006, 02:38 PM »
You guys are addressing the problem with the intent they they Will VOLUNTEER to fix the problem.

NOTHING FORCES THEM EXCEPT REPUTATION.
Not the BBB or ant organization like that!!
Use a method with some teeth!
Internet heros give it a rest!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Phil Smoker worked out a deal for me today and I am still trying to work out the details. I will update you guys tomorrow night after I speak to Phil Smoker again tomorrow. Mr. Smoker is trying very hard to make this right for everyone involved.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2006, 06:50 PM »
I would also like to thank everyone who is offering to help me with this including the offers to taking me fishing and the use of your boat Chainsaw.  :o You guys are a great bunch of people!

beaverfsu

« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Great!  Now, once you get taken care of, it will be time to turn the e-dogs loose......

jrelaxin

« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2006, 08:17 PM »
good luck........looks like an original  real close down sale in the making................... >:(
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

iceisnice

« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Phil Smoker worked out a deal for me today and I am still trying to work out the details. I will update you guys tomorrow night after I speak to Phil Smoker again tomorrow. Mr. Smoker is trying very hard to make this right for everyone involved.

If Phil Smoker works this out Let us know.  I want his email so I can request advertising info I can put at FISH307 for him.  I like to promote products where they truley look out for their customers.
I hope you dom't mind George.

Jeff
aka: iceisnice

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2006, 07:51 PM »
If Phil Smoker works this out Let us know.  I want his email so I can request advertising info I can put at FISH307 for him.  I like to promote products where they truley look out for their customers.
I hope you dom't mind George.

Jeff
aka: iceisnice

I don't mind! Actually I think that is very nice of you to offer. I am sure he will see this and get in touch with you but if he doesn't, I will relay your gracious offer.

Now the update.  ;)

Phil Smoker found time to speak with me again today but he was very busy so he is going to get back to me on a few more details. I must say, he is a great person to deal with.

He has arranged to have Boat N RV make things right but I am going to have to work with them again. :-\ After speaking with the General Manager of West Coxsackie store last night he has agreed to replace all the canvas with factory material and he also said he has a brand new "in the crate" motor ready for my boat.  ;D I am very happy about this but regretable, I am still not sure how he and I are going to work together after all of this. We don't necessarily see eye to eye on some things so I think I have come up with an alternative solution. I asked Mr. Smoker if he could arrange for me to work with Boat N RV Outlet in Queensbury.

I still feel I can work with the people in the Queensbury's store. They have been nothing but helpful up to this point and I want to believe they can still help me get this thing behind us. For the short term, Phil Smoker has spoke to Mercury and they are sending that new lower unit (if its not already there) to be put on so I can have the boat while Boat N RV Warehouse gets the canvas in from the factory.

esox slayer

« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Excellent George!!..Nice to hear things are starting to come around for you, Phil Smokers involvement in this affair speaks volumes for the type of businessman he is, and no amount of money he could spend on advertising his product would ever get the mileage this incident will.

A new in the crate Merc??  Sounds like it's all coming together...I'm pretty happy that it's turning your way.....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2006, 08:06 PM »
go for the new motor, George.  :thumbup_smilie:
And it sounds like a new canvas or at least one that is fixed correctly, another plus.  :clapping:
Just in time for the clouds to break away and the sun to come out, time to get the boat back in the water with that new motor and get some fishing and summertime water play and R & R.
Finally.  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

beaverfsu

« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Sounds like Mr. Smoker broke out his size 12.  That's great.

Fishingking

« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Good for them George I thought we were all gonna have to get the can of whoop stuff out :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

OTIS

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Cheers to Mr Smoker for a job well done!  Looks like I'll have to start researching smokercraft!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

cnyiceguy

« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2006, 06:45 AM »
Thats why I own a smoker craft boat, and will buy another one when I decide to upgrade. They are still one of the few boat manufactures that don't require their dealers to package their boats with only one motor manufacturer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.