FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71626 times)

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2006, 10:01 AM »
I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I just saw that the latest member to join MFF is named BoatnRV.

tucker

• central NY, heart of tax and spend
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2006, 10:04 AM »
now thats funny :rotflol:

Pikeguy

« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2006, 10:13 AM »
I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I just saw that the latest member to join MFF is named BoatnRV.

Get ready for the lavish gratuitous praise

esox slayer

« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Get ready for the lavish gratuitous praise

Lets find out..I'll call him out right now and we'll see if he can sway the opinion of the membership here with HIS side of the story...let the stories (and games) begin!!  If he is a person affiliated, then he'll have no problems responding, especially if he knows(thinks) he's right...

And just for the record..I will make it a point to make sure I tell everybody I know to avoid this place(Boat-N-RV) like the plague.  I know George and I know he hasn't inflated this fiasco at all....I just hope the mods will allow a thread to be created on here if this guy is affiliated......it may tell us all a bit more about the character of these jokers.....Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Spysar

• Protect and Preserve, Maintain the Reserve
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Two thumbs up for Mr. Smoker!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2006, 08:16 PM »
I got a call at work from Eric Geiger (the General Manager of Boat N RV Warehouse where this whole mess got started) and he wanted to let me know how disappointed he was. He felt that it was unfair that everyone thinks Phil Smoker is replacing the motor and canvas. He wanted me to make it know that it is Boat N RV Warehouse that is doing all this at there expense. I told him I also misunderstood this. I was under the impression that Boat N RV was replacing the motor and Smokercraft was doing the canvas. He said if I wanted to try to get a motor and canvas from Smokercraft I could try but he was willing to do this because he didn't want upset customers.

We talked a bit more and he really thinks I have been unfair to them. He said I never even brought the boat back to them to try to fix it before I involved others. I told him I might have moved a bit faster then I normally would but lately I have been having some bad luck and I felt like Boat N RV Warehouse was hopping in line to screw me like everyone else has been doing.

I promised him I would post this so that everyone is aware that Eric Geiger of Boat N RV Warehouse in West Coxsackie is the person responsible for replacing the motor and all my canvas. I also told him I would continue to post updates of what is done and how we get this resolved. I think after talking with him today we have come to an agreement that they will be doing what they can to make me a happy customer and that I need to try to be that happy customer.  ;)

esox slayer

« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2006, 08:23 PM »
I got a call at work from Eric Geiger (the General Manager of Boat N RV Warehouse where this whole mess got started) and he wanted to let me know how disappointed he was. He felt that it was unfair that everyone thinks Phil Smoker is replacing the motor and canvas. He wanted me to make it know that it is Boat N RV Warehouse that is doing all this at there expense. I told him I also misunderstood this. I was under the impression that Boat N RV was replacing the motor and Smokercraft was doing the canvas. He said if I wanted to try to get a motor and canvas from Smokercraft I could try but he was willing to do this because he didn't want upset customers.

We talked a bit more and he really thinks I have been unfair to them. He said I never even brought the boat back to them to try to fix it before I involved others. I told him I might have moved a bit faster then I normally would but lately I have been having some bad luck and I felt like Boat N RV Warehouse was hopping in line to screw me like everyone else has been doing.

I promised him I would post this so that everyone is aware that Eric Geiger of Boat N RV Warehouse in West Coxsackie is the person responsible for replacing the motor and all my canvas. I also told him I would continue to post updates of what is done and how we get this resolved. I think after talking with him today we have come to an agreement that I they will be doing what they can to make me a happy customer and that I need to try to be that happy customer.  ;)

Nice to hear he finally returned one of your phone calls.  I'm curious if he is the new guy "boatnrv" that signed on here today??  I'm also very curious if they would have done anything except toss you the scraps if guys like Mr Smoker and the Merc reps hadn't gotten involved??  It sounds to me like the guy is whining now that he's seeing the power a forum like this has....Esox

Just another thought..he, as the general manager must have had knowledge of the switching of lower units..and if it hadn't have been for the crappy paint job they did, you'd be none the wiser....and in 13 months from now when problems began with a cobbled up Merc...do you think he'd care??

I'd like to have Mr Geiger come on here and try explaining how he's the real "victim" in all this....ought to be an very informative (yeah, right) thread....

Outlaw

« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Maybe BNRV feels disappointed about Bussmans problems and they did not receive credit for handling the problem, But what is fair about all the problems others have had with this dealer. How disappointed was I when I was lied to for almost two weeks that they were working on my boat and then they call me and ask me where the keys are. How disappointed was I and my family when I got towed back in 3 times after they told me the boat was fixed.  And then finally a factory rep from merc. found the problem was a dead cylinder in the motor and to replace it. Don't get me wrong I realize BNRV did not make the boat or the motor but they as the dealer had the responsibility to fix it under warranty and  they failed miserably at it. It was obvious that the prop that was on my boat when I went to pick it up was an old prop and the service manager agreed to that but it took me standing my ground to get a new prop that I had on a new boat when I took the boat in for repair. When I told them it was an old prop the answer I got from the service manager was, " why would I want the prop off of your boat. My stance was " It had a new prop on it when it came here and I am not leaving till I have a new prop on my new boat. Also just to be fair the name of the GM in the previous post is not the same name as the GM that i dealt with. Either they have more than one GM or as stated in an earlier post the turn around in personell this place is tremendous

Eye Hunter

« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2006, 10:04 PM »
Just read in a local paper in the help wanted section that the Boat n RV Warehouse is looking for help for a new store at the Crossgates mall in Albany. Wonder if this is a spinoff of the Coxsackie store.   >:(

beaverfsu

« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2006, 02:52 AM »
Buss- I am happy for you-but to the General Manager, what a bunch of mule fritters.   Based on what Buss has said, the GM had the pictures of the motor, hadn't returned your calls, the list goes on...you are getting results BECAUSE other people are involved...I am so irritated right now, I could spit nails...Based on the apparent experience with this store by a large number of people (that are complaning/have complained on the internet) about questionable service and questionable products, Bussman is getting results because he is raising cain, period.  I am a little suprised this place survives if only HALF of the horror stories are only Half true...the RV internet forums are riddled with complaints/horror stories as related by past customers of this place.   Expriences, like the one related by Outlaw, all read the same on the RV boards.....

Buss-While you may have to deal with this store, I would make darn sure that another authorized Smoker/Mercury dealer looks at the work.  The picture of the lower unit on that "new" motor AND Mercury's reporting of the facts says more than the General Manager could ever explain.

Just for the record-I do not believe that Phil Smoker was replacing anything himself-I had faith that BnRV would pay in the end, but rather understood that Mr. Smoker was making sure that one of his boat owners was being delieved new products from an authorized "dealer". 

gunner1

« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2006, 04:16 AM »
If the GM tries t oput you on more of a guilt trip, print off the page from the BBB where it shows how Boat N RV has had 31 complaints in the last 36 months and show it to him!!  How ballsy to try to make YOU feel like you did something wrong!  Hey maybe that page could find it's way to the local newspaper...

esox slayer

« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2006, 06:05 AM »
Bussman..the following is from your earlier post:>>I promised him I would post this so that everyone is aware that Eric Geiger of Boat N RV Warehouse in West Coxsackie is the person responsible for replacing the motor and all my canvas.>>

Mr Geiger is also the person responsible for selling the "pieces and parts" Merc and the mismatched canvas to begin with.  I'll be he had no knowledge of the motor though, I'm sure a service department manager did that all on his own, right?

>>He wanted me to make it know that it is Boat N RV Warehouse that is doing all this at there expense. >>

Granted, they may be doing this at their own expense, but they're the cause themselves of the additional "out of pocket" expenditures.  If this shoddy  dealership hadn't tried cheating you in the first place and done business on an ethical level to begin with, this "expense" of theirs he's crying about wouldn't have had to have been made.  He expected you to roll over and get tired of battling with them and he was wrong about you.  I think Mr Geiger has found out that there is always a "bigger dog" out there than himself and he doesn't like it.

You ever get feeling guilty about this incident George, don't.  Look at all the complaints they've got filed against them, you'd be just "one more" unless you used your head, opened your mouth and let it be known the shafting they were trying to give you...I'm sure Mr Geiger has some explaining to do to his superiors over this incident and he's having a hard time explaining this one away....Esox

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2006, 06:29 AM »
bussman, are you getting a NEW MOTOR?  I certainly hope so.  (There are too many posts to read through to figure it out on my own.)  You paid for one, you should have one.  Not one that is pieced together.  This is not your fault you are going through this, so don't let them con you into thinking you did 'not give them a chance to make things right'.  This is their shoddy business dealings.  If they did business in an ethical manner, you would not be going through this crap.  Hope it all works out for you...

ps.  I can picture a meeting at BnR W where they are discussing what to do about this 'FORUM' problem, hence you being finally contacted.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

grumpymoe

« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2006, 07:02 AM »
I am not one thats going to fuel this topic any further with what I would really like to say. having said that, why doesn't Mr. Geiger get on the board here and explain  their point of view on this subject. of concern here, is what is going to happen to the "NEW" motor that Bussman is having replaced?...is there another poor unsuspecting potential buyer out there that is going to get taken to the proverbial cleaners and buy a new Mercury that was hung on Bussman's new Smokercraft?...Grump  ::)

beaverfsu

« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2006, 07:27 AM »
What esox said.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.