FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71611 times)

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2006, 07:44 AM »
After reading these new posts I want to add something.

I am confident that Eric will personally make sure they get our boat in excellent condition ;D I am sure they will spend more time going over the boat making sure its right this time. I don't want to wind up 150+ miles away with problems and I doubt they do either. I think they really want to make me happy and I really want to give them that chance. ;)

I do regret having to go to these lengths to get their attention. Maybe I even jump the gun but I think the ball is totally in their court now. The actions they take will speak for themselves. Please give them a chance to speak thought their actions. I was preparing to take this thing to the courts but I would much rather have it fixed this way.

I promised Mr. Geiger I would continue to post the progress of this and I will. I have been asked by Phil Smoker and Eric Geiger repeatedly to take into consideration the volume of sales Boat N RV does and that I need to understand with large volume comes good prices but more potential problems. I completely understand this and everyone should expect this from time to time but the true test is how they handle the problem once they are aware of it. I think Boat N RV missed the mark on that initially but maybe I expected too much to fast. I don't really know. ??? Hopefully all will be fixed now that we are all trying to communicate better.

Oh and Yes a new motor and new factory canvas.  I am not sure what they will do with the motor they take off but that is a good question. I would guess they will sell it as used. I don't know?

Thanks

Bussman

cnyiceguy

« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2006, 08:15 AM »
What does volume have to do with quality?????? If you run a business and expect sell a lot, hire people to do the job right! I wouldn't give BnRV too much slack here, they did try to hide and deny problems at the very beginning. From what you posted, it had nothing to do with volume, they were trying to maximize their profit at your expense. I understand you have to work with them, but I don't think they would have been as cooperative without going to the "court of public opinion". JMO.  Other people have had problems with them, so yours isn't an isolated case.  Bussman, your first instincts are usually right, stay mad, you have a right to! 

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2006, 08:17 AM »
I am really glad things seem to be looking brighter for you, and I hope they take care of you to your full satisfaction.  It doesn't change the fact that they tried to sell you a pieced together motor as new, and tried to hose you on the canvas.  Good price should not mean poor service and poor business ethics.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

spoonfed

« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2006, 08:55 AM »
i just learned something.  i run a business and now i know the busier i get i don't have to have good quality.  wow this should really up my profits.  ::) ::) ::)  what a joke.  this guy is trying to make you feel guilty so he don't.  truth is this should of never had to be.  they should of not sold you a used boat and try to hide it.  isn't that like fraud?  sell something stated as new knowing that it is not.  if it were me i'd tell them to pack it.  and as far as the GM,  your to late to save face buddy.  we must all be stupid if you(MR.GM man) expect us to think that MR.Smoker or merc didn't have something to do with it.  yeah b&r might be the one with the out of pocket expense but why shouldn't they be the one?  they screwed you in the first place.  sounds to me like he is spinning his wheels.

what ever happened to the American way?  is it now " screw who you can to better yourself"?

Mr. Smoker,  my hats off to you.  nice to hear someone still cares what the customer thinks instead of how big their money roll is.

Mr. GM,  you failed at the one most important thing about business, communication.  You should call people back if you don't want all the bad publicity.  customer is always right!!!!!!!!!!!!

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Mr. Geiger any responses????
Would like to hear another view/ your side?

This would be the place and about now would be the time.
Silence also sends a message? guilt, embarrassment and dishonesty!
Internet heros give it a rest!

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Mr Geiger/ Boat N Rv Warehouse,
                                                    You must realize that the longer you wait to post a reply that is all the more the "stock" in your company is going down. As a GM you are responsible for customer satisfaction. We are not talking something simple here. We are talking fraudulent acts. I cant believe that it is George that is having to come post updates on here for us. It should to be you that is posting updates. As far as you wanting all of us to know that you are the one that is going to make things right, we all know that if it wasn't for Mr. Smoker getting involved this would not have happened. From everything that has been posted here, it isn't just boats that we have seen problems on, it is RV's as well. I think George has been plenty hospitable with his dealings with your business. Frankly, he shouldn't have to explain why he went about it the way he did. I do not believe that your business realizes that we are hard working people, spending our hard working dollars at your establishment. After a week of this hard work, we want nothing more than to be able to spend time with our family on our boat/rv. We shouldn't have to spend our time and even more money correcting a problem brought on by unjust acts. Additionally, if you claim to have no knowledge in the wrong doings that happened, you (or the actual owners) should step back and take a look at how you are running this business. It is in YOUR COMPANYS best interest to correct this. I would be so professionally embarrassed that someone would have to go over my head to get a problem solved.
To err is human, to forgive is divine......... Neither of which is my policy

Outlaw

« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Just to let you know, I didnt know that my prop was swapped until I got home and walked to the rear of my boat. I noticed knicks in the blades of the prop and alot of pitted surface. It had been painted over to hide the fact that it was used. >:([/color]

Spysar

• Protect and Preserve, Maintain the Reserve
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Is Mr Geiger nuts? I'm losing even more respect for this guy for trying to pat himself on the back for giving a customer what he paid for with his hard earned money and that was a new boat, motor, and lower unit! Of coarse he would never be so nice if Mr Smoker didn't get involved. Of coarse the expense is BnRV's, they screwed up, not Mr Smoker! Mr Geiger, should be worried about going to jail! Someone commited FRAUD while under his watch. He maybe even told an employee to make the switch. Gimme a break Mr Geiger!

Outlaw

« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2006, 04:00 PM »
I direct this post to BNRV, as to my dealings with your company, I was treated poorly by everyone there with the exception of the salesman when he was trying to make the sale. The way my complaint was handled, the lack of communication after numerous calls to try and solve the situation, the service that was performed, the lack of knowledge to repair the boat properly, being outright lied too. It,s great that you can sell in great volume and thus lower prices but not handling things properly after the sale can and now probably is going to turn around and bite this business in the a%$. Volume of sales can come from repeat sales but that don' t seem to factor in with BNRV. When I tell the problems that I have had with your company to others I automatically get a story of their friends that had problems with BNRV or they themselves had problems. Soon there will be no one around this area that will buy from BNRV and you won't even get the service business. I for one and my neighbor  will not take our boats back there if you had a free boat wash for fear of what mighthappen to it

beaverfsu

« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2006, 10:09 PM »
Bussman, your first instincts are usually right, stay mad, you have a right to! 

Absolutley!  Bussman-you are getting service for one reason-you got their attention.  Keep going! High volume creates problems...only if you let it, that lower unit didn't attach itself nor paint itself....

iceisnice

« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Kudos to Phil Smoker for putting on the pressure.
Super Kudos to Bussman for sticking to his guns and making it happen!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2006, 09:15 PM »
is this thread old enough or not     BORING         Everytime I check this site out
this tops the list   Fishing site or whining site get over it.........!!!!!!!
..fishing buddies.....you're either part of the problem...or part of the solution...we all stick together....whats your problem?...sure hope you never need membership help with something.....Grump  :-\

spoonfed

« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2006, 09:26 PM »
is this thread old enough or not     BORING         Everytime I check this site out
this tops the list   Fishing site or whining site get over it.........!!!!!!!

wow we have words for guys like you but i don't believe scott will allow me to say what i want so i wont.  i hope this happens to you and you are all alone with it.  whats wrong with helping out another member with his problem.  are you one of those guys that drive right past a broken down fellow fisherman?  probably.  stay out of the thread if you don't like it.

definition of a great morning-  screaming drags ; fish on ; double header   TEAM MICH

kappy

« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2006, 07:16 AM »
your right,,  sorry my bad, removed it,, few too many beers I guess late last night.

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2006, 07:45 AM »

Thats OK Kappy, I can see how some people wouldn't want to read about this all the time. Fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing and no one wants to associate this type of problem with their enjoyment. If you don't want to follow along thats cool. I sincerely hope you never have to deal with something like this.

Thanks and good luck,

Bussman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.