FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71633 times)

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2006, 12:41 AM »
Bussman, I have followed this thread since it started.  I have been ripped off by sleazy companies in the past.  You have shown grace and fortitude to do what is right. With todays high pressure sales at nearly any cost, it is unbelievable that this does not happen more often.  It probably does, it just goes unreported ....uninteresting to the media world.  Your stand with grace has shed a bright light upon what appears to be, at least, poor business practice up to at least a criminal act. 

It is refreshing that Mr. Smoker appears to be working things out...time will tell.

A copy of this post was sent to the Times Union.  Let's see if they get involved in exposing your problem with the retailer for even more awareness.  While this is a fairly large internet site, the general media still reigns supreme at helping to shape public image.  Again, time will tell.  If I was in the media, I sure wouldn't want to miss this opportunity to miss this one. 

Poor public image has destroyed more than one company.

In the end, MANY have read this thread, and many have already shared what has happened so far.

Be encouraged Bussman.  Many people are behind you...cause we're mad as HE!! and not going to take it anymore.

esox slayer

« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2006, 06:04 AM »
Just keep the  pressure on these guys, George, and keep us posted as to the outcome.

Maybe now that the holiday weekend is over, Mr Geiger will be here and he can explain all about the mysterious changed out lower unit, the crappy paint job, et al., and maybe, since he feels sooo victimized by Big Bad George and the way he handled things, he can explain the other 30 some complaints filed, plus some of the members here that have had problems with them besides yourself.

George..what kind of timetable have they given you on all the repairs and change outs to be completed??  Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Things like this happen often and go unreported!!!
Still waiting for the response from mr G!!
Silence is not golden, hopefully its a punch in the wallet!

there are many companies that operate like this go to the BBB and read reports, then take a 1/3 for   
false claims/unhappy customers and thats about a true reflexion
Internet heros give it a rest!

applejacks

« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2006, 07:15 PM »
Speak Mr G!  This is your chance to explain how a used lower unit ended up on a brand new motor!  If you have no explanation  I guess this forum can assume there  was an attempt by your company to offload the used part and stockpile the new one.  The silence on Boats and RVS parts speaks a thousand words.  This forum gives you the opportunity to set the record straight.

grumpymoe

« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2006, 07:26 PM »
The silence on Boats and RVS parts speaks a thousand words.  This forum gives you the opportunity to set the record straight.
...could have been a coverup by an employee who no longer works there!!  ::) ::)    offloading junk onto an unsuspecting new buyer who wont complain  ::) ::) WHATEVER.....dont expect any representative of THAT PLACE to try and explain.....THEY WON'T be fanning the fire would they?....Grump :blink:

applejacks

« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Geiger and Boats and Rvs deserve a chance to tell their side of the story.  I have never in my life bought something new only to find that the seller had substituted used for half of the item.  Boats and Rv must have an explanation.  The lack of one can only point to actions that would probably point to actions that are criminal.  Hopefully Boats and Rv will respond in this forum with a plausible reason of how this could have happened.  The guy deserves a chance.  It is a very safe bet he is monitoring this post, and we owe him the chance to tell his side of the story.
Well, Mr Geiger and Boats and Rv, the ball is in your court

Chainsaw

« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2006, 03:45 AM »
       Geiger, Boat n'RV and Company have HAD lot's of chances to come onto this forum and explain anything they could. Their response thus far has been to lay it off elsewhere. If they wanted a chance they should be in the 'Chance' business.
       Did Bussman "Take a Chance"(?) when he bought the boat?  To take a chance, as in "I'll take a chance..." that this brand new boat and motor will give me years of good service and a good servicing dealer to be there for me as a representitive of the companies whose products are touted as being the best should something go wrong. NO HE DIDN'T, and NEITHER WOULD YOU.
        They've HAD their chance. They've had more than several 'Chances' to rectify this situation while the fishing was still good. In fact they had a chance to make this good from the git-go, by selling him a new unit that didn't have these problems to begin with, like as in NEW,(Duh?).
         If/when I,or any of my friends, buys a new boat you can bet your whatever that it won't be from some place where they have to take a 'Chance' that they'll get a good one for their hard earned bucks. This ain't the froggin' lottery, it's a positive boat purchase, not a possible ticket purchase.

gunner1

« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2006, 04:12 AM »
Geiger and Boats and Rvs deserve a chance to tell their side of the story.  I have never in my life bought something new only to find that the seller had substituted used for half of the item.  Boats and Rv must have an explanation.  The lack of one can only point to actions that would probably point to actions that are criminal.  Hopefully Boats and Rv will respond in this forum with a plausible reason of how this could have happened.  The guy deserves a chance.  It is a very safe bet he is monitoring this post, and we owe him the chance to tell his side of the story.
Well, Mr Geiger and Boats and Rv, the ball is in your court

You know I've been thinking. Maybe he has sought legal advice which has told him specifically NOT to reply to this thread.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2006, 08:57 AM »
You know I've been thinking. Maybe he has sought legal advice which has told him specifically NOT to reply to this thread.

You honestly don't think he did not contact his lawyer after the bad PR??
He was probably looking for a slander/ liable claim to stop the reporting of information.

I agree he has had ample opportunity to respond.
Buss this thread was started may 14th????How long before this thread was started have you played this game?
Man hope you can get this resolved so you can enjoy your purchase!
Internet heros give it a rest!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2006, 02:17 PM »
After speaking to a number of people involved with this entire mess they all felt I should go get the boat and use it.:-\ I was very unsure since I didn't want anything to happen to it but I figured I have made the family wait long enough! ;D The kids spent 2 days on the boat with my wife and I and we all had a fantastic time. My son Mike (8) was pulling in perch one after another and Steven (5) reeled in a few too. We have a few pictures and hoefully later tonight I will find time to start a separate thread about the fun we have been having.

OTIS

« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2006, 02:25 PM »
So where do things stand with this entire mess?  Did you get the new motor and canvas that you paid for?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Not  yet but they are working on it.

I received a email from Phil Smoker and missed a call from Boat N RV today. I emailed Phil back and called Eric back but he wasn't available so I asked if he could call me back. I also spoke with Jason at Mercury and Wally at Day Brothers. The lower unit is in as of noon today and I can bring the boat back to Day Brothers on Monday so they can replace the lower unit. Wally said the lower unit will be done on Tuesday. Once Eric gets everything ready on his end, I will bring the boat down to the Queensbury's store. Eric will send someone up to Queensbury to pick it up. They will take it down to the West Coxsackie store and replace the motor and canvas and bring it back to me.

esox slayer

« Reply #237 on: May 31, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Sounds like things are coming together for you at last George...nice to hear it....keep us posted......Esox
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2006, 05:29 PM »
idk i dont like the whole thing

i wouldent buy a hot dog with a half eaten bun.....and if i got one  like that, id want a whole new hotdog, not just the bun replaced

pay for new get new period

it the powerhead new? how can one assume it is? unless  merc doesnt ship new motors all together, and ships them broken up for assembly. if that was discussed before i apalogise its getting to long to read

and add the problems with the canvas, you should have gotten a full refund on the purchase price, if not just the full price credit at boat and rv to pick out a different boat

what would they have really been out to give george a full credit for a different boat in the long run?

not as much as the whole deal is going to end up costing them im sure

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

dawg

« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2006, 06:15 PM »
 I WOULD SCRIBE THE EXISTING POWERHEAD OR PUNCH A MARK SO YOU KNOW WHERE IT IS AND SEE IF YOU GET A QOUTE UN QUOTE NEW MOTOR AND NOT JUST ANOTHER LOWER UNIT I CAN GUARANTEE I WILL NOT BE INVOLVED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE NEXT YEAR WHEN I BUY NEW BOAT.
Give a man a fish and he eats for the day. Teach a man to fish and he will keep bait in the fridge

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.