FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse  (Read 71624 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Consumer Alert! Boat N RV Warehouse
« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2006, 06:20 PM »
I tell you guys what, this thread has been wonderful. I really like the comments made by the Bussman supporters. The coming together in defense of a fellow sportsman and consumer is what we need as sportsmen and consumers. Now I want to say this; Let the process work. I know you guys want answers, but like dealing with women, there aren't always answers. It seems to me that Bussman is getting his boat fixed and he is doing what he can to get that done while enjoying what he has. Good for you bussman.

Mike

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2006, 06:37 PM »
It seems to me that Bussman is getting his boat fixed

Mike

thats what upsets me the most. it was sold as a new boat....give him store credit to GET a new boat

he is bieng calm if ya ask me....i would already be in custody

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

bassinbrian

• In search of Lunkers !
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2006, 08:37 PM »
Well i have been reading for a month, i live about 5 minutes away from the place ... and will never go there.
Hope all works out well for you, and yes NEW means NEW !!! Not a used part on the craft.

I work in the world of customer service and know exactly how it can be, they should do anything in thier power to make it right for you.

BR

Bring on the Stripers !!!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #243 on: Jun 01, 2006, 08:33 AM »
I got a voice message from Eric last night and I thought he was telling me he was going to replace the motor and only some of the canvas again.  :cursing: BUT I totally misunderstood him!! :-[

I didn't post any of this here last night because I wanted to be sure I understood what he was proposing. I was all wound up again for nothing! :-[  I did leave a voice message for Phil Smoker about it after I didn't get a call back from Eric by the end of the day and I left a voice message asking Eric if we could talk about this. I called him this morning and he still intends to replace the Motor and all the canvas. What I misunderstood was he was offering was to replace the motor right away and replace the stained canvas temporarily until all the factory stuff came in. I told him I can live with the stains in the canvas as long as I can keep using it and they will still replace it when they get everything there.

He is also going to look at some of the smaller issues while its down there including the fish finder temp and speed not working, the way the fisherman's top frame is digging into the leather on the inside of the gunnel walls and the hydraulic steering which doesn't feel right. Hopefully this time they do a more thorough check of everything and maybe save me some running back and forth.

Pikeguy

« Reply #244 on: Jun 01, 2006, 08:47 AM »
Man, for your sake, I wish you could tell them to just flippin keep it and go buy one somewhere else. Just doesn't sound like this boat was built right. IMHO  :-\

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #245 on: Jun 01, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Man I feeling that this boat hit something and the lower unit and drive shaft and probably damaged, If other compents are out of alignment there may be a structural issue. My brother hit a unmarker shoal in NC and replace his lower unit and then the saft because of a whobble in the wheel indicating a bent shaft.
Many Buss I hope that they can step up to the plate and take care of ya. Really sounds like they were screwing you from the word go. DEAL or NO DEAL, new means new and obvously it is NOT!

Internet heros give it a rest!

beaverfsu

« Reply #246 on: Jun 01, 2006, 11:17 AM »

he is bieng calm if ya ask me....i would already be in custody

billybono

Billy-I'd bail you out.

bcjensen

« Reply #247 on: Jun 01, 2006, 12:25 PM »
billy I hear ya on the in custody thing...!!!! :police: :police:.  hope everything continues on positiv heading!

Good Luck

applejacks

« Reply #248 on: Jun 01, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Actions speak louder than words for me.  The action of installing a used lower unit on a new boat trumps the promise to replace it.

seaweed01

« Reply #249 on: Jun 01, 2006, 10:34 PM »
George,

Get your money back and buy somewhere else.

stringer

« Reply #250 on: Jun 01, 2006, 10:51 PM »
my father also purchased one of those 20000.00 plus smokercraft boatsnice boat in general same place various problems like 3hrs on water and you betterturn on the bilge tried to shaft him on the trailor giving him a smaller than what was on the deal which was compatible till you installed your gear then was at its max !!   trailor bunks were only 8inches off from being square four or five trips back to fix one hour and a half one way Iguess my point is this place will shaft the unknowing and makes alot of money doing so!!!! too bad the price wasnt bad thought about a new camper butwas told a fool and his money are soon parted !!!!

bussman

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #251 on: Jun 05, 2006, 04:11 AM »
I took the boat to day Brothers last night and they are going to replace the lower unit today. Its should be done tonight and I will hopefully pick it up on my way back in to work tonight.

applejacks

« Reply #252 on: Jun 08, 2006, 07:08 PM »
I am sure Day Brothers handled their end in proper fashion.  They certainly have the reputation for doing so.   What about Boats and RV?  When do you get the new motor and canvas?  Bussman's silence is saying something.  Will Boats and Rv come through with their promises, Bussman?  I'll believe it when I see it!!  Their inaction for this length of time speaks volumes for the Boats and RV franchise. 

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #253 on: Jun 08, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Billy-I'd bail you out.

good, cuz i dont think my old man will amymore  ;) once was enough for him i guess  ::)

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #254 on: Jun 09, 2006, 08:04 AM »
Actions speak louder than words for me.  The action of installing a used lower unit on a new boat trumps the promise to replace it.

Jacks I like your card playing analogy, RIGHT ON! Steal the deal!
Good Luck Bus hopefully ya can fish SOON, Man the timing on this STINKS.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.