FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Where are all the Fly Fishermen?!  (Read 3686 times)

Marcus

Re: Where are all the Fly Fishermen?!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2009, 03:39 PM »
I prefer spin fishing actually I really prefer the ice, but I do like to throw surface poppers or small streamers for crappie bluegill and bass when the time is right. That time is coming soon. The fight is much funner a little tricky if you hook into something bigger than intended but fun nonetheless. I use a small flyrod 3/4   or somewhere in there it was given to me and I know nothing about the intricacies of flyfishing just know they are extremely effective for bluegills during the spawn. I have caught a few steelhead on this setup but small ones hooked into bigger just no chance. I caught a 3 lb LM that was fun. I seen some people flyfishing stripers when I lived in NH that looked like a blast they also outfished us chunkers at least 4:1  . I just got the rod out the other day nothing but a small perch it will get better soon.

fishman31

« Reply #31 on: Jun 06, 2009, 05:12 PM »
well i too fly fish.  got into it a few years ago and love it..  long live the cream cahill
Nathan
Team Panfish Persuaders
NEIT

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Jun 18, 2009, 01:46 PM »
Get a book by Bob Clouser and learn to ty the many different variations of clouser immitations that he has, his books are very informative, and the clouser minnow is a very great all around streamer for anything from little rainbows/brown, all the way to pike and bass......
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.