FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My dog  (Read 5483 times)

FishingPolski

• Ret. Opr. Engnr. Local 17
Re: My dog
« Reply #15 on: Oct 01, 2009, 12:56 PM »
My beagle, Miss Beasley, was a great boat dog. She was at my feet or curled up on my lap most of the time, but when we were under way she looked like a hood ornament standing on the bow with her ears flapping in the wind.

I really miss her.

RG
I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR, RG.--- BEEN 2 1/2 YRS ,SINCE MY, MISS BLOSSOM HAD TO BE PUT DOWN. STILL TOUGH, WITHOUT HER -- she was just a mut from the rescue shelter. BUT, what a dog.
great posted  pics of the dogs,

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2009, 12:38 AM »
I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR, RG.--- BEEN 2 1/2 YRS ,SINCE MY, MISS BLOSSOM HAD TO BE PUT DOWN. STILL TOUGH, WITHOUT HER -- she was just a mut from the rescue shelter. BUT, what a dog.
great posted  pics of the dogs,

I think we can all relate. I lost my trusty companion of 11 years ago last October and I still miss her. Got a new dog a couple of months after I buried her as I realized she wasn't coming back and I might as well rescue one from the local humane shelter.  It's amazing how many potential companions are being euthanized and throw in the landfills like a piece of garbage.

Here is my late pooch as she fell asleep waiting for the float to go under. No she wasn't cold. She had plenty of fur.

Here's my new one in her favorite sleeping position.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 02, 2009, 04:28 PM »
taxid  sorry ya lost yer  ole buddy ,  awesome  picture to remeber her by!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Oct 02, 2009, 08:49 PM »
taxid  sorry ya lost yer  ole buddy ,  awesome  picture to remeber her by!

Thanks trapper. She was a beautiful dog even though technically she was a "mutt."  I actually had people ask me what breed she was.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tracker 1

« Reply #19 on: Oct 02, 2009, 10:06 PM »
   Its amazing how just looking at these dogs can put a smile on your face.

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2009, 09:23 AM »
   Its amazing how just looking at these dogs can put a smile on your face.

Dogs and even cats can not only put a smile on an owner's face studies have shown they are even good for our health and well being. I'm not a big cat fan, but my twin brother has a cat (he is away to much during the day to have a dog) and he loves it just as much as I do my dogs. He's single and "Fred" not only keeps him company he cracks my brother up with some of his antics. Fred looks like Garfield and acts like it too.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 03, 2009, 10:45 AM »
your 100% right taxid,studys show pets lower stress,blood pressure and give one a feeling of compainship!, volenteers often bring pets in  for the elderly to enjoy,they have beed used to help in the recovery and  over coming of  disablitys, to help with the  challenged  not to mention the blind ....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Oct 04, 2009, 08:49 PM »
your 100% right taxid,studys show pets lower stress,blood pressure and give one a feeling of compainship!, volenteers often bring pets in  for the elderly to enjoy,they have beed used to help in the recovery and  over coming of  disablitys, to help with the  challenged  not to mention the blind ....

So true. It even gets more interesting. There are some dogs that can sense an impending heart attack in an owner or detect cancer.

Drifter_016

« Reply #23 on: Oct 05, 2009, 09:40 PM »
Gotta love a good fishin' dog!!!!   :thumbup_smilie:

Here's a shot of mine from a couple of weeks ago on the Kenai River in Alaska.   ;D

ALASKANSS

• BITE THIS!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 06, 2009, 07:33 AM »
looks like a sweet set up you got there,i fished that river a few years back in soldotna.great salmon fishing!

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Gotta love a good fishin' dog!!!!   :thumbup_smilie:

Here's a shot of mine from a couple of weeks ago on the Kenai River in Alaska.   ;D

He's not afraid of the water is he? My latest one I took fishing for the first time this spring in the boat. She wasn't afraid but was glad to get back on land.  ;D She also slipped off the pier on the pond this spring. I yanked her back up with the leash and took her back to the house to dry off. She kept looking back at the pond like, "What the hell happened there?" It was hilarious to see her repeatedly looking back at the pond with a confused look on her face.  :rotflol:

1Cast1Catch

« Reply #26 on: Oct 07, 2009, 11:39 AM »
You guys are making me jealous. I'm gettin one today. Ok, not really. Here is the question though... is there a superior breed when it comes to a fishing companion?

Drifter_016

« Reply #27 on: Oct 07, 2009, 12:33 PM »
You guys are making me jealous. I'm gettin one today. Ok, not really. Here is the question though... is there a superior breed when it comes to a fishing companion?

LAB's are my favorites.

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Oct 07, 2009, 01:32 PM »

JMO but a mutt is the best. My latest is a pure breed only because her temperament appealed to me and she needed to be rescued. I'm usually leery of purebreds due to all the problems due to too much inbreeding.

Go to the nearest kennel and rescue an animal that will end up being your best friend instead of euthanized and dumped into the local landfill. 

FishingPolski

• Ret. Opr. Engnr. Local 17
« Reply #29 on: Oct 07, 2009, 02:38 PM »
JMO but a mutt is the best. My latest is a pure breed only because her temperament appealed to me and she needed to be rescued. I'm usually leery of purebreds due to all the problems due to too much inbreeding.

Go to the nearest kennel and rescue an animal that will end up being your best friend instead of euthanized and dumped into the local landfill. 
ok-, I HAD, springer spaniels, german shorthaired, english pointers, beagles. all were xcellent hunters, BUT  my best friend and pal, was my MISS BLOSSOM, whom i got at a rescue shelter. BLOSSOM  now resides in DOG HEAVEN, along with those dogs that PASSED ON,mentioned in the previous posts.-- I'LL  tell ya gents, I sure did LOVE  that dog.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.