FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Bass should I mount it?  (Read 8663 times)

OTIS

Re: Big Bass should I mount it?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 06:53 AM »
Large mouth bass are UGLY!   :P
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fatfish

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 08:03 AM »
I have fished for bass here in south west Wi. for 55 years and have never caught a largemouth over 5lbs. yet.My goal is to get a 22 in ,does not matter how much it weighs,as long as it is not one of the battle fish that you see during spawn season. Make sure that is what you really want. I would really like to see a 8lb bass in Wi. I fish the Mississippi river ,lot of good bass ,and a lot of good memories of fish that I have caught through the years. I am thankfull though that they put a size limit on bass. Makes catching them a little fun.
                                                                                                                               Jerry

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 11:59 AM »
I hear ya, after waiting so many years to put a bass on the wall, this one sounds like it has meaning.
 I caught a 24 1/2"-- 9.2lbs in SW Michigan, but let her go because:
 (1) I know there is a bigger bass to catch
(2) Talk about a good spawner and
(3)I know there is a bigger bass to catch.... If I have to wait for 50 years to catch a bigger one, then I will have a replica made with the pics and measurements I took before I released her to live out her life of making more big babies!!!
 To each thier own, but I'd rather hold out the rest of my life for a 10lb.er knowing that the 9lb class and under are producing trophy class fish! If the fish is healthy and not gut-hookd, C-P-R all the way!!!
A replica will last 30 x longer than a mount, and you get the satisfaction of letting that fish swim off!!! Just something to keep in mind.
    If the fish is harvested legally, I'm not against it, I just view the situation differently...........L8r, Prizz
Keep on keeping on!!!!!!!    Prizz

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Large mouth bass are beautiful!   :P

I fixed it for ya!

OTIS

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 03:14 PM »
I fixed it for ya!

Stick him on the wall next to the stuffed bullhead and the carp.   :laugh:
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

newfoundpleasure

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 05:51 AM »
If you have the funds,  Absolutely!  Mount it!

jibbs

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 07:20 AM »
I fixed it for ya!
thank you jethro...
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

jibbs

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24 AM »
sounds like its dead, so you should probably do something with it... i personally would get a replica and put it back...there is no bass in the world that i would keep to put on my wall...i am strictly a bass guy and have caught some pretty decent largies and smallies, but it doesn't interest me to put fish on the wall.....for years i said a 8 pound largie and a 6 pound smallie..however, i would rather get a replica and put the fish back if i was going to do anything...good luck
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

OTIS

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Get yourself a Bass-O-Matic, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BQFv83QJ2Y!  There AWESOME!!!

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 07:28 AM »
I would never hesitate to have a Personal Best fish mounted. As Mentioned a few times on this thread, a replica mount would be great (if you have a quality artist who can do it justice) If you kept the fish then there is no reason not to mount it.

It gives you something to strive for. I have a replica mount of my personal best 6lb smallie, so now i need to aim for a 7lber

troutfisherT

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 05:27 PM »
 mount it's a nice bass and when you land a 7 or 8 pounder mount that too  ;D

sawelp

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 06:19 PM »
take a few pictures and then eat the fish.

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 06:48 AM »
take a few pictures and then eat the fish.

Yeah, 5# Largemouth Bass are the ultimate eaters :cookoo: (please stay away from my Bass and go eat bluegill and crappie)......... Prizz :whistling:
Keep on keeping on!!!!!!!    Prizz

carcaju

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 08:04 AM »
you can still eat the fish if it is mounted as long as proper care is taken

oldhuts

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 11:09 AM »

nice bass man,,up here we have to wait 2 more months,,,,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com