FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Help with water pump on 6HP Evinrude  (Read 11928 times)

Huck Finn

Re: Help with water pump on 6HP Evinrude
« Reply #15 on: Jun 14, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Has anyone noticed drl823 hasn't been back to say he fixed it, thank you, kiss my foot, or go eat s...
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day... give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #16 on: Jun 14, 2012, 09:02 AM »
must be one of those guys who gets what he wants and don't leave nothing in return. we are infested with them.

HIMO
                                                               Iceshanty & MFF Global Moderator
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #17 on: Jun 14, 2012, 09:47 AM »
must be one of those guys who gets what he wants and don't leave nothing in return. we are infested with them.

HIMO
Has anyone noticed drl823 hasn't been back to say he fixed it, thank you, kiss my foot, or go eat s...

Finally!!! Some folk who agree with my pet peeve!!! That's exactly why I quit posting the "informational" or tech help posts on our other site...ya want help, go Google it.  :-*
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

drl823

« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2012, 09:51 PM »

HIMO
Hey Guys give this old timer some time...... ;D I have the carb kit and water pump (impeller) on order. I should be into it this weekend and plan on thanking you all for the great help and the input. Some day you will all be old and slow too!!!!  ;D ;D. Happy Fathers day to you Gents

Don.

drl823

« Reply #19 on: Jun 14, 2012, 09:52 PM »
My original post was only five days ago.....man you guys are tough. ;)

drl823

« Reply #20 on: Jun 14, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Finally!!! Some folk who agree with my pet peeve!!! That's exactly why I quit posting the "informational" or tech help posts on our other site...ya want help, go Google it.  :-*
Thanks to all the other guys I was able to take care of my problem. I'm not mechanically inclined so the info I got from them was priceless and very much appreciated. So on that note and  your non-help....thanks for nothing.... :-* :-*

Nor Easter

« Reply #21 on: Jun 15, 2012, 05:43 AM »
That ought to go over like a fart in church....  :o  ;D

May I ask, where and how you finally got the shifter to disconnect? Was it right at the water pump area where the 4 bolts come out to remove the gearcase? Was hard to tell by the exploded parts diagram online. Thanks.  :)

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Jun 15, 2012, 07:26 AM »
well pal, just remember, it was MY non-help that posted the site for you with the diagrams on how to do it. smart talk like you posted can get you banned. be careful who you make mad.

HIMO

Nor Easter

« Reply #23 on: Jun 15, 2012, 10:10 AM »
HIMO,
Just because you 'work' here doesn't mean you can take ALL the credit. There's 3 of us here who posted three links to identical diagrams!  Me :D  You ;D  Huck  :-X

:w00t:

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jun 15, 2012, 10:17 AM »
HIMO,
Just because you 'work' here doesn't mean you can take ALL the credit. There's 3 of us here who posted three links to identical diagrams!  Me :D  You ;D  Huck  :-X

:w00t:

I posted my part of the non-help. I was waiting for you guys to chime in. LOL !!!also I don't work here. I LIVE HERE  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: LOL !!!

HIMO

Lundin-loading

« Reply #25 on: Jun 15, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Im pretty sure the "non-help" was directed at rebel for not helping, and still pilling on...
Thanks to all the other guys I was able to take care of my problem. I'm not mechanically inclined so the info I got from them was priceless and very much appreciated. So on that note and  your non-help....thanks for nothing.... :-* :-*
Beauty

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #26 on: Jun 15, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Im pretty sure the "non-help" was directed at rebel for not helping, and still pilling on...
Pile it on. I've worn myself out posting help and informational topics. I'll start keeping score for ya so you have time to point all this out.
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

Lundin-loading

« Reply #27 on: Jun 15, 2012, 12:03 PM »
I pointed out the comment so himo understands that his posts were obviously useful, and it didn't seem right to threaten "banishment" because he felt like he was being sassed...nothing against you rebel, I too feel un-appreciated when I feel like I've helped, and received no acknowledgement.
Beauty

Nor Easter

« Reply #28 on: Jun 15, 2012, 12:45 PM »
I belong to an online message board help site and you get the occasional poster who only posts either once, or posts up until he fixes the problem with our help and sometimes will say something like, "Thanks, it worked", even though a couple or few suggestions were layed out for him (her) to try. When we ask for the benefit of future people with the problem about which remedy worked for his particular setup, the thread often just ends there with no conclusion.

Rather annoying but it's all a part of it. We just get over it and move on after all it's all one can do. Some show appreciation and come back explaining the fix, and others just have never learned to say thanks. So under the rug it goes....  ::)

drl823

« Reply #29 on: Jun 15, 2012, 04:00 PM »
well pal, just remember, it was MY non-help that posted the site for you with the diagrams on how to do it. smart talk like you posted can get you banned. be careful who you make mad.

HIMO
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT !!!!! I thanked you all in my other posts at least Lundin gets it. I explained I was not mechanically inclined in this type of repairs that is why I requested help, and the help I received I TOLD YOU  was very much appreciated. I also said I was going to tackle it this weekend, I am actually going to "help" a friend that has all my notes from you guys and I picked up a service manual. HIMO to use "pal" as a slang term and threaten me with being banned for "smart talk" "be careful who you make mad"... there is no need for crap like that...but anyways I accept your apology in advance and I sincerely do appreciate all the help I received, that is what makes this site great. I will let you guys know on Monday morning how my weekend went and with all the knowledgeable input I am sure I will be motoring soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.