FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Worst Lure You've Ever Fished?  (Read 4912 times)

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
Re: Worst Lure You've Ever Fished?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2005, 06:01 PM »
All i know is if it is a lure on a 30 minute infomercial on the outdoor channel that's supposed to be revolutionary, I AINT BUYIN IT!!!!
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

archbishop

« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2005, 06:14 PM »
 :clapping: LMAO  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2005, 08:38 AM »
Probably the worst lure I ever used was the Helicopter Lure. Didn't catch a d**n thing on it, not even a hit. I recieved it as a gift and it sure didn't live up to all the hype. Of course if you have a tank of bass and throw spinnerbaits at them repeatedly till they've all smartened up to them, and then throw something different you'll catch fish like in the infomercial, but what native food is that d**n thing supposed to represent anyways?
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2005, 03:39 PM »
If they are fat raps or rattlin'  fatraps, I'll take them!!!

no they werent they are just floating and real crappy. i dont even think they make them anymore.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2005, 05:35 PM »
The only TV lure I tried was the banjo and it did work well. Just not as good as flukes and sluggos.

keny

• I like it wet
« Reply #20 on: Apr 21, 2005, 12:03 AM »
I still find the cheepest lures catch the most fish,I keep getting sucked in to buying buying what ever is supposed ta be the next great thing,usually for $8-15 can. each to find a .75 jig works as well.or a common spoon $2-4 canadian.Same goes for power baits, grubs and the likes.A minnow shrimp or sardine even an empty hook often works better.Keep it simple thats my new motto.

The Rocket

« Reply #21 on: Apr 28, 2005, 11:04 AM »
The worst one I ever fished was sadly one I made :-[ ;D ;D
I was really getting into pouring my own plastics. And I made a plaster mold of a swimming minnow grub. When I was done, It looked like a twinkie. :laugh: Misshapen, ugly and no swimming action ::)
I have since created lure that out fish store bought lures....
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

OTIS

« Reply #22 on: Apr 28, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Three or four years ago my mother bought some lures from an infomercial hosted by Pat Woolery.  They have a pull cord in them and when you cast it's supposed to pull out the pull cord and activate the lure.  Once activated its fins move back and forth on the minnow and the legs move on the frog.  It looks like a kids bath tub toy!  I figured I'd berry them in the back yard and pull them out in 50 years, they'll be worth a fortune.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

meadowpikeman

« Reply #23 on: Apr 28, 2005, 03:22 PM »
i'll give the mini fat rap another vote as they look really good but really suck ass.
"Fame doesn't take away the pain, it just pays the bills. You end up on alcohol and Pills"-Fred Eaglesmith

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #24 on: Apr 28, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Berkely Gulp!  That junk ain't all it's cracked up to be. 
No they aren't.. tried them for eye's, don't like them at all.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #25 on: Apr 28, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Berkely Gulp!  That junk ain't all it's cracked up to be. 
No they aren't.. tried them for eye's, don't like them at all.

I must add I'm not completely serious.  Kind of but not completely.  I have caught plenty of walleye on gulp twisters and so has my brother but they pale in comparison to the mighty EXUDE.  ;D
I have 6 packs of exude baits, I like them alot, but I really do hate those gulp baits. I'm yet to catch anything other than bass on them...

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2005, 06:47 AM »
We talk a lot about the best lures. How about now the worst lure? The worst I have personally fished was a small ugly duckling crankbait. I don't know if that was the lure being messed up or if they are all like this, but it didn't dive or wobble, it just slowly spun on the surface without any sort of action or even swimming.
What are your picks?

Tyler

Hey,  I thinkg you got a bad one.  I picked up about a dozen of those ugly ducklings from Kmart when it was going thourgh bankruptcy on sale for less than a buck a piece.  Perhaps two out of the batch were messed up but the rest works great on trout, panfish and bass.  They were had made somewhere in the Eastern Block,  like Romania so I was not expecting much.  I had to tune most of them so they run ok and I noticed that they flip over if I crank too fast,  but one I figured it out,  they were catching fish like mad.   If you're looking for some quality balsa cranks with uniqueaction,  check out Salmo Hornets,  they're awesome.
Ok,  the worst lure I used, was a foxy jig. Never got anything on it and was glad when I finally snagged that thing.   J
GONE FISH'G.......

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #27 on: Apr 29, 2005, 01:54 PM »
the key to those little ugly ducklings was reeling them in VERY slowly...they just kinda lazily wobbled...and big stocked browns just gobble the d**n things up...i wish i could get more, but i broke the only two i had off on big browns. i'm not showing off, but just an example of the big stockers i have caught on these little cranks

archbishop

« Reply #28 on: Apr 29, 2005, 01:59 PM »
honestly red i have been on here and IS since jan. and ive seen all the pics and heard the stories and my thought is     is there anything you cant make work, all your fish are quantity and quality, man i wish i could catch half those fish and those 2 right there are real beauties, congrats :clapping:

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Apr 29, 2005, 02:35 PM »
I was one of them "suckas" for the Banjo Minnow kit. I think I only used one size that they gave you in the kit and the way they wanted you to rig them was stupid. I did catch a few fish on them but never again will I buy one of those info-mercial baits again.
I like to see them in person..........kinda like buying a rod and reel on-line......I need to feel it and observe it in person before I spend the money.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.