FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing by Yourself vs. Having a Buddy  (Read 4689 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Fishing by Yourself vs. Having a Buddy
« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I do a lot of fishing on my own. I love it either way. Besides the fish story always seems to get better when I am alone. ::) ::) ::) ::)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Apr 19, 2005, 06:56 PM »
if somebody can go with me when i go fishing (which is normally the case), I'm up for it, but i usually go fishing regardless of whether i have accompaniment or not...that being said there is a few people whom i really enjoy fishing with, and i will do what i can to fish with them.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Not too many good fisherman my age around, when I find one I fish with them, but its usually just me and the stream.... ::)

carpcatcher

« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:27 PM »
I'll add mine but it's already been said . For me it's aboul 70/30. I like to fish with other people but I need that time alone also.
    Jim
Love 2 fish

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #19 on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Sometimes I fish for 19 hrs straight and its hard to find guys that want to stay on the water that long. 80% alone, 20% with someone else. It is nice when I'm alone cause I can go where I want. I also like to use my marmish rod lots in summer and some of my buddies don't like this method. To active for them and interferes with drinking. Also if I see someone else within a mile of my boat (whether I'm alone or with someone else in my boat) I leave the area.

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #20 on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Sometimes I fish for 19 hrs straight and its hard to find guys that want to stay on the water that long

Yeah that's true for me too, i fish with a lot of friends but there is only one friend i fish with constantly cuz he is the only one that's as much as a fishing bum as i am. I am a little more fortunate than pasquatch also, the outdoors is still number one around here fore teens like me. Most teen males i know fish, hunt and four wheel.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19, 2005, 09:35 PM »
If stream/ river fishing more often than not I'll start out with a buddy and then wonder off down the stream. Always have the cell/ walkie talkies to keep in touch but I'd rather throw flies all alone on a secluded stretch of river.

On the boat I'll always have someone with me simply because if something goes wrong and I need help I'd rather have someone else there, plus someone to help land fish, take pics and just B/s with.

On the ice I rarely go alone unless I know someone else will be out on the ice, for the same reasons as I wanna have someone alone on the boat. A lot of times this past winter I had changed my mind as to where I was going to fish due to those reasons. No sense going and targeting huge pike or muskies if I'd have no one to take a pic for me.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

keny

• I like it wet
« Reply #22 on: Apr 20, 2005, 01:14 AM »
By myself 90% of the time.Most people seem to only want to drink and fool around.I prefer not to come home empty handed even if I get in after dark.Is nice to chat a bit and share the excitement with a pal if ya can find one of similar interest.

toguetaker

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20, 2005, 11:51 AM »
  If I no one want to go I can always count on my chocolate lab,Hunter at least he doesn't argue when I tell him we are not going to stop for beer. ;D

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #24 on: Apr 20, 2005, 12:24 PM »
well.. depends on weather the fishin is good or not.. i can fish all day by myself, but... if there arent many fish... its good to have sum1 to talk with\make fun of
GIT _ R _ DONE

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #25 on: Apr 20, 2005, 12:50 PM »
Not too many good fisherman my age around

Yeah it was the same way for me a few years ago. I'm 18 now but when I was 14,15,16 I usually fished alone at places I could get to on my bike. Now I've got a couple partners in crime and we usually fish together but I like to get down to the river for an evening fish now and then.
Side note - got a couple nice whitefish last night down at the river by myself.  :laugh:
I like taking trips by myself though cause then I don't feel guilty about ALWAYS out-fishing my buddies ;D

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #26 on: Apr 20, 2005, 12:58 PM »
if somebody can go with me when i go fishing (which is normally the case), I'm up for it, but i usually go fishing regardless of whether i have accompaniment or not...that being said there is a few people whom i really enjoy fishing with, and i will do what i can to fish with them.

Same here.

feather-bender

• here fishy fishy !!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 20, 2005, 01:46 PM »

when out icefishing always  have a buddy ,  when fishing in the river for
  smallies or carp usually go by myself ( dont knock carp fishing its fun ) ,
  my buddies always ask me to go with them trolling lake mi. you can have 3 rods per
  person .   4 of us in the boat , talk about chinese fire drill when there biting good.

:thumbup_smilie:
" if nature calls hang up . "

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #28 on: Apr 20, 2005, 09:00 PM »
I like going with friends or family, but I do fish better when I'm alone and concentrating, especially on the river because I can hit every little spot.

phead lakeman

« Reply #29 on: Apr 21, 2005, 03:50 PM »
i fish by myself quite a bit.you get all the fishing spots to yourself.but on the other hand you would like someone to witness you catching that big fish.eihter way its just as fun.but sometimes ill go fishing by myself too many times in arow and by that time im lookin for my fishng buddy the next time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.