FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Niagara River panfish  (Read 1024 times)

perchpirate97

Niagara River panfish
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Anybody been getting into any perch/crappies/bluegills in any of the canals, marinas, or shallows of the river? Not asking for spots, just wondering if anyone has had success. Was out last weekend and managed some nice largemouths and a ton of rudd, was targeting the pannies though

Locoman

Re: Niagara River panfish
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:39 AM »
I got into some nice perch on Saturday at the locks. Sunday started good, then the Silver Bass moved in and I left. Time to get into the lake perch. A buddy of mine has been doing well the last three days.

perchpirate97

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:50 AM »
Finally found some on Thursday. Bounced around a bit and managed to fill half a bucket between my brother and I. No bigger fish, all were between 9-10.5" Water is still very cold. All fish were males except one, some just starting to show darker colors.

freezerfiller

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:33 PM »
did well by the locks Tuesday evening until the white perch moved in.  Came home with 43 nice perch with several large females that had not dropped eggs yet.  Males were squirting and I got to see my buddy get covered.  It was one of the funniest things I have seen on the water.

fishermantim4

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 12:31 PM »
white perch have been on for a few days at the foot of ferry, get there early if its nice out it gets crowded. might see me show up later in the day
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.