FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp pictures  (Read 33600 times)

MikeMo

• chasing water wolves
Re: Carp pictures
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:13 PM »
Nice fish

Esox

« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2004, 11:44 AM »
Here are a few from the Merrimack River in Mass.

All fish were released unharmed...

FYI...Corn does not kill them. For that matter it does not kill trout either. There has been a few studies showing this. Here is one article...http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/qcornbt.htm

MikeMo

• chasing water wolves
« Reply #17 on: Apr 14, 2004, 04:33 AM »
they are some big boys

fastribs85

« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2004, 09:05 PM »
i relly need to go find some carp this year and post the pics now that ive got a digital camera
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 06:02 PM »
SO here i am I just get off of work...As you might know i work nights 11"00 Pm to 7:00 Am anyhow so on the way home from work..Which takes me all of 6 mins.
 I stop by the water to fish for a bit. Anyhow this morning i decide to try for our friend the" Toothy Criitter Pike"
...Since i can't get the lakers on my lake as they are not open yet.. Anyhow so im casting out these lures just switching  them at random...Anyhow i notice a Big ol Swirl to the Left of my cast and I get all excited anticipating the Big ol Pike hitting my Lure. The cast was perfect just 10 feet further out from where i saw the Swirl.

In my mind i figure i"ll just come by slow then a fast retrieve with my Lure to make it look like My Perch lure that i had was really scared of this Mean ol Pike. Anyhow I Had it planned just perfect the slow wobble retrieve Then i hit into the fast dive and retrieve...Then .......Bang....
The Rod just doubles and I feel a tug tug tug...and ZInggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg......

My lines just goes for the ultimate Run...My heart starts a pounding and here i am without a net....
All im thinking in my mind is ....".Darnit why didn't i put on the Leader...Stupid Germ Stupid Germ..."
Last year i caught a 22 pound pike and This one felt way bigger then that....Im just thinking to myself please don't get off please don't get off...

I start to bring her in and She is fighting like a champ...With the morning already being somewhere around 10 degrees i can already feel the sweat pouring from me   soaked with adreniline.
I see her swirl a bit in the distance  she felt strong but she was  also tired of Running and  it was time i brought her in....

Now  usually at this time im checking my watch (as i like to see how long it takes.).but my watch was in my pocket and this was deffinitly  a two handed JOb { no comments here)

My rod was just doubled  over as i was playing a game of tug of war with this beast.
All the time im also thinking...Don't Choke Like Rolly Don't choke like Rolly.....(had to put that in sorry Rolly)
SO now its about 20 feet from me and im still deciding if im going to mount this Pike in my Computer Room or My Frontroom...Is my wife going to Argue with me with a Pike in the Living Room?
All these decisions going thru my head and the Fish wasn't even in....YET..
SO im bringing her in down to 10 feet then 9 feet then 8 Feet...2 Feet....Then This

Man i was so stoked for it to be a Pike but As you can Tell
IT WAs to Good to be True.........Darn Carp
The fight lasted roughly 12 mins to get her in and i would have guessed it to be around 8-12 pounds give or take a pound. The fish wasnt harmed besides the lure in it and the  leash i had to put on while i went to get the Wife and the Camera....
Anyhow just thought id post it for all you guys out there who have had the Same pumped Adrenline feeling only to be thinking
I knew it "Was to good to be True"
Tight lines all and thanks for reading!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

reubenpa

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 11:26 PM »
38.5 inches and 31 lb on 15# line     took 20 minutes to land.. It was awesome.
It beat my previous heavy weight fish by 14 lbs.  My heaviest until tonight was a 30 inch 17 lb channel cat, and longest was a 32.5 inch pike

Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2004, 08:54 AM »
pa - that is one awesome carp, what a battle they put up. Did you catch that monster in a river or lake, if river, they are 10x better battle.
 :D way to go  8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

reubenpa

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2004, 12:10 PM »
it was in a finger off the the Canandaigua lake outlet.  water is moving but slowly.  Its initial run was about 130 feet or so.  I just hung on, and after that it slowed down, but still had several 15 foot runs..   My arm about died!!!!  :) :D :D ;D

camo_fish

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2004, 04:12 PM »
I see that it was the blue rabbits foot there that held your line together from snapping. What were you using for bait?
 8) Again great stuff  8)

reubenpa

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2004, 12:09 PM »
corn...  It had a 27 inch girth forgot to mention that

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2004, 04:49 PM »
Ahh so you were targeting it specifically i see:> Nice fish :> Nice pics also!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

reubenpa

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2004, 09:52 PM »
yea I was germ!!

I see that it was the blue rabbits foot there that held your line together from snapping.

I just realized what you were talking about.  That blue thing is a tape measure/ scales from Walmart that I bought a couple years ago.  I hooked it to a rig that clips to my belt.    lol  I don't use the scales and the tape is junk...  It counldn't measure that fish, as it is only a 36 inch tape!!! lol

camo_fish

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2004, 02:36 PM »
 ;D  lol  thanks for the clearifacation

buzzbomb

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2004, 09:45 AM »
What the heck, I'll stick mine on here too!

jmasotto

« Reply #29 on: Jun 07, 2004, 10:45 PM »
 >:(WHAT'S WRONG WITH PA, HUH??? >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.