FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Too much line on your reel.....is that a reel problem?  (Read 26426 times)

Grumpyoldman

Re: Too much line on your reel.....is that a reel problem?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2009, 04:27 AM »
You're questioning your fathers wisdom? Even if he is flat out wrong, tell your dad he was right, and follow the advice above. 

double-aught

« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2009, 05:56 AM »
yep, too much line will cause problems.
along those "lines", a buddy showed me a way to get rid of "rabbit ears" on your spinning reel spool.
these are the little loops of line that get wound under the line as you reel in and interfere with casting.
just cast out as far as you can, loosen the drag, and pull out the line at a right angle  to the spool against the drag until the rabbit ear loop pulls free.
then reel in the your line, under tension, and you're all set.
if you open the bail and pull the line off the front of the spool, one loop can turn into a birds nest.

sperrin

« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2009, 01:19 PM »
You're questioning your fathers wisdom? Even if he is flat out wrong, tell your dad he was right, and follow the advice above. 

Haha I never told him he was wrong....just wanted to claify if what he was telling me was the truth or if I could tease him about it being BS. I don't over spool my line when Im putting it on anyways and I've never had a problem.

Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.