FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 526334 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #1620 on: Aug 27, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Well...it's ALIVE!

Turned 2 loads of sticks, branches and sunflowers into a nice pile of mulch.

I'm happy ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1621 on: Aug 27, 2017, 08:28 PM »
I have an electric chipper/shredder about the same size. I bungee a poly grain bag over the discharge. The air goes through and the mulch is bagged when you're done.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1622 on: Aug 28, 2017, 04:03 AM »
Yeah...I was thinking about that . They sell bags for mulchers like this , but they want way too much money for them. I'll probably put up a small pen this fall for my winter mulch pile and just grind my garden waste and leaves into it. Last fall I just picked it up with my mower and bagger and piled it. I transferred it over to my compost bin a few weeks ago. Great looking compost. It was chock full of red worms and bugs of all sorts doing their job.

Now that I know it works, I'm going to pull the cutter head and give the whole thing a proper rehab. Personally, I think it should be red ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1623 on: Aug 29, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Well...in typical fashion, I've disassembled the machine for a complete rehab.

I was surprised it came apart pretty easily. A bit of cleaning and paint and it'll be good as new.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1624 on: Aug 29, 2017, 04:48 PM »
 ;D !
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1625 on: Aug 29, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Can't help it :-\

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1626 on: Sep 01, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Frost warnings tonight..  >:(
Was mid to upper 30's this morning..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #1627 on: Sep 01, 2017, 04:38 PM »
This is almost like old school weather.  ;D

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #1628 on: Sep 01, 2017, 06:58 PM »
RG, I have the same Shredder/Chipper, only it has pneumatic tires. It was my father's, hasn't been running in at least 8 years... You do a very nice job! Thorough and meticulous too, not one spot of grease/oil on that bench, I like that!  ;D
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1629 on: Sep 02, 2017, 03:51 AM »
Thanks Bart. I was thinking about putting pneumatic tires on it.

I'll have to take a pic of my bench as it is right now. I started cleaning, prepping and priming parts yesterday.  ::)

It's getting there. Should have all the parts at least primed today. (Except the engine).
There's a fellow coming to look at my wood lathe today. I'm selling it to make room for a new one :w00t: :w00t:

Can't wait to place the order.

It's cold here too. 39 this morning. But, it's supposed to be near 70 today. One thing is for sure. My grass is growing like crazy.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1630 on: Sep 02, 2017, 08:19 AM »
I have both Portugal hot and habenaro peppers that refuse to turn from green to red. With these cool nights, does it make sense to harvest them now or wait it out? Unfortunately the garden was 3 weeks late going in, so my timing is way off.

My plan was to make hotdog hot sauce with the Portugal hot peppers and try to save the habanero peppers for hunting camp chili.

boondox

« Reply #1631 on: Sep 02, 2017, 10:20 AM »
Wait it out the best you can hopefully they ripen up and turn orange like they should..

our garden went in a little to late no tomatos or peppers this year big plants with green tomatos on them... so wI'll see what is up with them today hopefully a harvest here for the first time this year??

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #1632 on: Sep 02, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Thanks boondox, sorry to hear about your garden. My tomato plants were huge as well, hoping to get more tomatoes to ripen soon as well. But, the peppers are more important to me. My daughter on the other hand, harvests the cherry tomatoes from vine directly to belly...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1633 on: Sep 02, 2017, 06:59 PM »
I think tomorrow is harvest time for my jalapeņos, banana, green and purple peppers. Some will be vac packed and frozen and some pickled.

It's a bittersweet time of year.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1634 on: Sep 09, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Harvested my jalapeņos, bell and banana peppers this morning. Still a lot of jalapeņos hanging. Picked up a couple baskets of Roma tomatoes at the farmers market and got to making sauce.

My Bride and I go at the processing line going and had them all peeled and seeded in just an hour and a half.

I was going to buy the attachment for my Kitchenaid, but I didn't like the juicy looks of the sauce it produces. So....we stuck to working by hand.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.