FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Super jumbo perch PHOTOS?  (Read 6044 times)

fishfins

Super jumbo perch PHOTOS?
« on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:08 PM »
The "historical" threads about personal best perch, giant perch, huge perch....etc. were basically ruined when Photobucket decided to IMPOSE a huge fee to use their service. Like many of us, I DUMPED Photobucket and looked for another FREE or reasonable priced photo hosting service. I now use IMGUR but there are others as well. I'm hoping that starting a new thread about giant perch will renew interest and allow all interested to SEE photos of some exceptionally large perch. Here are several that are over 15" and each one topped the 2 pound weight.

filetandrelease

Re: Super jumbo perch PHOTOS?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2018, 03:59 PM »
They have a thread on IS on big perch , far as posting lower left corner is a great feature
  (imgur) instead of photo bucket , plus Are backed up on my computer

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2018, 04:58 PM »
For computer storage I use my own.
It has two hard drives, each is 2TB, with one being an SSD.
And I have 4 back up drives that are each 2 TB.
External usb hard drives are dirt cheap these days.

And for posting here I use the posting thingy in lower left corner

Mac

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2018, 04:58 PM »
BTW, nice perch!!!

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2018, 03:30 PM »
For computer storage I use my own.
It has two hard drives, each is 2TB, with one being an SSD.
And I have 4 back up drives that are each 2 TB.
External usb hard drives are dirt cheap these days.

And for posting here I use the posting thingy in lower left corner

Mac

Do you use all 12TBs for data storage? How many photos is that?

I remember about ten years ago I converted my laptops HD into an external. It was the bees knees with a whopping 16GB of data. Filled that up with music real quick.

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Those are some fatty YPs! I don’t often get jealous of perch pics, but those are awesome

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2018, 11:45 AM »
The "historical" threads about personal best perch, giant perch, huge perch....etc. were basically ruined when Photobucket decided to IMPOSE a huge fee to use their service. Like many of us, I DUMPED Photobucket and looked for another FREE or reasonable priced photo hosting service. I now use IMGUR but there are others as well. I'm hoping that starting a new thread about giant perch will renew interest and allow all interested to SEE photos of some exceptionally large perch. Here are several that are over 15" and each one topped the 2 pound weight.

Ya, I'm going there ............... put them ON the tape. I see 14 1/4" to maybe 14 1/2" , there nice quality fish but when it comes to a panfish 1/4" is HUGE. I've caught ALOT of perch like yours and until they are on the scale ..... well if there not 15" and major girth they are NOT 2 lbs. 

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Do you use all 12TBs for data storage? How many photos is that?

I remember about ten years ago I converted my laptops HD into an external. It was the bees knees with a whopping 16GB of data. Filled that up with music real quick.

I'm sorry.
I just saw your question today.
I use each as redundant backup storage.

Photos stored is hard to estimate.
You can take large pixel photos for more clarity.
Say, like with a 12mp camera.
But most of my pix are low rez snapshots.
So they don't take up much room.
I just looked at one area to get an idea.
Over 11k of photos only takes up 41 gb
This is a mixture of low rez and high rez photos.
So a 2 TB hard drive would theoretically handle over half a million photos.
Or less that are taken a higher rez.

I went to some higher rez photos my wife took with her really good Canon Rebel.
275 photos took up 1.5 gb.
These photos were about 4-6 mb each.
So 2 TB would handle like 360,000

Hope that helps.
Mac

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Very nice perch! 

And yeah Photobucket can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. They could have gradually increased the price and given notice but the actual ridiculous fee and holding pictures for ransom was a really lousy thing to do.

I hate to say it but I'd have a nice schadenfreude moment if I found out they went under.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishfins

« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Ya, I'm going there ............... put them ON the tape. I see 14 1/4" to maybe 14 1/2" , there nice quality fish but when it comes to a panfish 1/4" is HUGE. I've caught ALOT of perch like yours and until they are on the scale ..... well if there not 15" and major girth they are NOT 2 lbs.

Not many are as skeptical of claims of exceptionally large fish as I am. Apparently you might be too, and I understand. I'll make no attempt to convince you that the lengths/weights of these 3 perch are accurate. I can't lay them on a tape for another photo and I can't do anything to prove their weights.
Having been involved in more than a few disputes over claims of huge fish. especially perch,  I've come to believe that there is no way for a claim of a giant fish to be verified with a photo on a forum. Photoshopping has evolved into a science and it's very easy to alter photos and very difficult to detect that it was done. The only scales that are reliable are USDA certified, and only a select few professionals have such a scale. That means even a photo of the fish on a scale would not necessarily be reliable. That leaves us to accept or reject what we see and hear, and when it comes from fishermen....well....enough said.  :laugh:

jcrow75

« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2018, 07:16 PM »
They are big nuff said!

iceman260

« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2018, 08:09 AM »
Nice perch in anyones pail, coordinates please lol.

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2018, 05:57 PM »
Nice perch in anyones pail, coordinates please lol.

Yeah how about the GPS coordinated for those little weiners!  :D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.