FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shimano wont support the Youth! (the youth reel trade-in program that is)  (Read 1061 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
I was checking out the BPS website today as I usually drop some coin during the spring classic. The Youth reel trade in program has always been a fav of mine, as you do something good and get some cash towards a new reel. As I Shimano guy i was surprised to find out that this deal does not apply to Shimano reels this year.

If you go the to reel trade in section of the BPS website you will notice and * and the fine print reads as follows

"Shimano reels are excluded as they have decided not to support the youth reel trade-in program"

Ouch, seems to be a bit of a dig in there. I dont know why Shimano would pull out of a good program that helps bring youth to our sport, but it looks like the BPS is taking a bit of a shot at them for it.

Thor

I'd be curious to know whether BPS strong-arms the manufacturers into bearing most of the cost for this program while they (BPS) reap the benefits of the good publicity.  If so, maybe Shimano decided to take a stand and tell BPS to pound sand.

I have no idea if this is the case, but it could be one reason to explain why Shimano is not participating.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
After alittle more ersearch, I found that Shimano Canada is supporting the program at the Toronto BPS, but Shimano US is not supporting the program

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.