FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Proposed changes  (Read 10489 times)

Bluegillonafly

Re: NY Proposed changes
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2021, 06:54 AM »
Take the time to do some research into the results of Wis & Minn similar regs, which have been in place for many years now. Several articles in InFisherman online. Also, a couple good videos on YouTube. But no, you naysayers don’t have an open mind, it’s already made up. I’ve fished regularly for gills for 50 years now and have seen too many lakes ruined. Nothing but stunted fish now. Stunted because of underharvest? No, just the opposite, stunted because of too heavy a harvest of mature fish, esp parental males that guard the nest. Wis & Minn research proves it. But no, their biologists are all lying, they got into the business not because they love the sport, they’re doing it to make fishermen’s lifes miserable.
There is currently only one lake in the state with a restricted bluegill limit & it’s one of the best for large fish. Coincidence? I think not.

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2021, 08:13 AM »

http://
There is currently only one lake in the state with a restricted bluegill limit & it’s one of the best for large fish. Coincidence? I think not
  Question , If it’s that good why aren’t the rest of the lakes managed the same way ?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2021, 10:05 AM »
all long island lakes and ponds are restricted to 15 bluegills  15 perch  and  15 crappies  their panfish  suck
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2021, 10:14 AM »
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/news/2021/03/02/new-sunfish-regulations-effect-nearly-100-waters

yeah a  5  fish limit on 100 lakes  in minn thats a good law  :cursing: :cookoo:

i fish  one of the  most fished  body  of  water in the state and that is  oswego  river  i  can always  go get  a  limit of 71/2 gills and  God  knows  i  been doing it for 60 years  nice  perch  fishing too  no special  regs and  guess what  market fisherman in fulton are thicker then ticks on a deer ......... you don't want to keep fish  don't keep  them

don't fix things that  ain't broke......i don't fish for  fun i fish to fry them

trapper2000

« Reply #19 on: Dec 27, 2021, 11:50 AM »
this is  from the sate of  mich. one of the states that are lowering  blugill limits  yet agree with  exactly what fred and i been saying

How old is a 10 inch bluegill in Michigan?
10 inch gill in MI is probaly 8 years or more old. If the lake is overrun with stunted gills, they have probably removed too many of the predators, and the gills are fighting each other for survival, much less being able to sustain any growth rate.Mar 5, 2007

How fast do Bluegills grow | Michigan Sportsman Forum

what the states  have  forgotten is  we  are  predators   it is  natural  for  people to  catch and  eat fish remove  us  less 
predators  more stunted  fish ........this isn't rocket  science

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 2021, 03:07 PM »
They might have learned a few things in the last 15 years.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #21 on: Dec 27, 2021, 03:40 PM »
like  ...who is the  governor of  new york?????

trapper2000

« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2021, 03:43 PM »
did  you know  the  biological average  size of  a  bluegill is  only  7.5 inches?????  that hasn't  changed in  15 years

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2021, 04:01 PM »
like  ...who is the  governor of  new york?????

I doubt that.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2021, 04:05 PM »
did  you know  the  biological average  size of  a  bluegill is  only  7.5 inches?????  that hasn't  changed in  15 years

YIKES!!!
I never knew you were an ichthyologist. I’m impressed….really….impressed.

filetandrelease

« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2021, 04:37 PM »

Maybe he’s is an ancestor of mr  Artedi  😃

trapper2000

« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2021, 04:59 PM »
SIZE: Common length for bluegill is 19.1 cm (7.5 inches) with the maximum reported length being 41 cm (16 inches). RANGE: Bluegill range in North America extends from Canada to northern Mexico. HABITAT: Prime habitat for bluegill include weed beds, off deep points or in creek channels around sunken islands.

Bluegill - US Fish and Wildlife Service

and  not only  do i  know  how  to research and read  i know enough  not to  drive a  lawn tractor on a  flooded  golf  course and  get it stuck  ......... thats  called  common since   :rotflol: 

Mac Attack

« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2021, 05:05 PM »

and  not only  do i  know  how  to research and read  i know enough  not to  drive a  lawn tractor on a  flooded  golf  course and  get it stuck  ......... thats  called  common since   :rotflol:

since when Trap?

;)

Badbrad2186

« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2021, 07:02 PM »

since when Trap?

;)

Oh he's never had common sense. He lacks all kinds of things bus common sense is #1

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Dec 27, 2021, 09:01 PM »
That’s “since”  Sense has no particular place here.
Never seen a lawn tractor on a golf course.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.