FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480814 times)

Chowdaire

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #1965 on: Jun 13, 2016, 05:56 AM »
Nice job on the eyes, filet & coach. Beautiful evening to be out there.

Awesome trout, reeleyz! Looks like you're making your most of the time away at camp.

Yesterday was nasty. I saw one boat out early but he was gone before noon. Another came out late after the big blow.

reeleyz

« Reply #1966 on: Jun 13, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Beautie Bruce! Jigging or trolling?

Trolling. It is easier for the family. I would much rather jig though.

Looper

« Reply #1967 on: Jun 13, 2016, 01:09 PM »
anybody hear about a boat sinking in muskrat bay today ??    Sully...

The wind/waves can be real rough at times.  I've been surprised myself, but luckily never had an issue like this.

At this point I just skip the day if it's real rough.

L

filetandrelease

« Reply #1968 on: Jun 13, 2016, 03:30 PM »

One reason to look at the weather , it was calling for big WNW winds  , and wth the lake laying west to east that spells trouble , glad they are ok

wallyworld

« Reply #1969 on: Jun 14, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Fished out of Godfrey last night and this morning..........nothing but 1 pickerel, 1 smb, and 2 sunfish  :-[  A near empty parking lot is always a good indication of the current bite  8)  Sure has been a tough season for us so far this year  :'(

reeleyz

« Reply #1970 on: Jun 14, 2016, 04:51 PM »
It sure seems like the walleye take will be way down this year. That just means that there will be more to catch this fall and winter.  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1971 on: Jun 14, 2016, 05:00 PM »
It sure seems like the walleye take will be way down this year. That just means that there will be more to catch this fall and winter.  ;D
[/quote)
  Sounds good , I guess the easy button is turned off  ::)

reeleyz

« Reply #1972 on: Jun 14, 2016, 05:08 PM »
I guess it's a good thing that I can't get out much this year anyway!

perchgypsy

« Reply #1973 on: Jun 14, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Man still got me thinking about sully earlier this seaon,I remember a post said he seen quite a few dead walleye on the bottom in shallow after ice out??? If walleye been so hard to catch why are the smallmouth so hot n heavy? I realize the different spawn times but man never have I had such a time in the river as well to land a meal or two(walleye),been tough last couple weeks ,I'm pretty much waiting for October

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1974 on: Jun 14, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Went out tonight after work, same results...caught a half dozen Perch, a large pumpkinseed and a gobie...tried shallow, deep, really deep, edge of the drop, back up on the high side of the drop...South, North, Middle...the easy button is off for me...still a beautiful night, good company...I'll find em!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

BROOKIEGILLY

« Reply #1975 on: Jun 14, 2016, 09:42 PM »
ok fellas I guess I cant lurk any longer. I finally bought the boat so I guess I better man up and say WHATS SUP!

Ok whats up with the guy with the goby beer can? ;D

Went out with my father it was great we haven't fished together on a boat in twenty years! He is 74 and smiling from ear to ear. I don't care if the repo man takes that boat next week it was worth every penny just to be out with him fishing again.

he caught a smallie and a short and dropped a couple smallies as well it was a great night!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1976 on: Jun 14, 2016, 09:59 PM »
It def is a tough bite this year. Only been out a half dozen times in the boat and only jigged up a few out deep. It makes the long work days a little more bearable lol
Nice job findin em

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #1977 on: Jun 15, 2016, 06:33 AM »
Phew... I thought it was me! This year sux! I have gotten a few with jerkbaits and worm harnesses but not one jigging. Jigging is the most fun but how many hours with nothing to show. I even got some gobie imitations to jig but nothing! Its better than golf....

perch-hound

« Reply #1978 on: Jun 15, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Well, handcarving stickbaits got to be a little to time intensive, so I broke down and bought a handful of plastic unpainted bodies for a couple dollars apiece.
Here's the first all painted up, hopefully it swims ok  :-\
All this talk of a non existent bite makes me feel a little better about the season I have been experiencing  >:(

NNY Fisherman

« Reply #1979 on: Jun 15, 2016, 07:47 AM »
Phew... I thought it was me! This year sux! I have gotten a few with jerkbaits and worm harnesses but not one jigging. Jigging is the most fun but how many hours with nothing to show. I even got some gobie imitations to jig but nothing! Its better than golf....
As a fisherman that lives on lake Ontario all I can say is welcome to the world of the Eurasian goby. We went through this about 10 years ago and it changed the fishing forever. The days of catching 100 smallmouths in a morning fishing are gone ! The fish will be bigger and the gobies will be at lower levels eventually, but game fish will be much harder to catch probably forever. The walleyes are no longer in their annual haunts and are harder to figure out. Yes, people will adapt and figure things out but the fish have easy pickings. Gobies are slow, have no swim bladder and are very easy to catch for any game fish. It will be interesting to see how things unfold over the next few years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.