FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481050 times)

kingfisher22

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2235 on: Jul 07, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Sweet!  If the musky is a fish of a 1000 casts, don't ever bother to fish for them again... ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #2236 on: Jul 07, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Awesome trip Scott! Great pics.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2237 on: Jul 07, 2016, 07:38 PM »
Great fish and love the holding tank!  Well done!

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2238 on: Jul 07, 2016, 08:09 PM »
Thanks guys, every fish was fully revived and swam away quickly...even the one that had a huge treble in its back side....
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2239 on: Jul 07, 2016, 09:33 PM »

That must have been a blast, what neat fish they are  ;D Was a skin mount an option?

iceman260

« Reply #2240 on: Jul 08, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Nice fish looks like great time.

Huntny30

« Reply #2241 on: Jul 08, 2016, 06:26 AM »

That must have been a blast, what neat fish they are  ;D Was a skin mount an option?

I wouldn't have...I believe you get one Muskie tag for the season...I have the measurements off the 49"er if I decide to do a replica...I'm gonna go back and get one over 50"...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2242 on: Jul 08, 2016, 07:26 AM »
 What a great trip Hunt, congrats!!! Thanks for sharing your story and pics!!  8)

coachwarner

« Reply #2243 on: Jul 08, 2016, 10:41 AM »
Great pics Hunt! Looks like a good time for sure! :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

choo choo

« Reply #2244 on: Jul 09, 2016, 06:37 AM »
I wouldn't have...I believe you get one Muskie tag for the season...I have the measurements off the 49"er if I decide to do a replica...I'm gonna go back and get one over 50"...
Some nice looking Muskies Hunt. Great Job.
I fished for Musky near Cape Vincent last fall with 2 friends and I was lucky and caught a freshwater game fish of a lifetime! ...and earned a beautiful Mike Ringer Print from the "Save the River" foundation for documenting a successful catch and release of a legal sized NY State Musky which is at 54 inches now. It was a super thrill and rush to watch her thrashing on the surface right after the strike then completely clear the water on an awesome jump right near the boat ! Then the biggest thrill as we watched her swim down and away on the release after a brief revival .
We taped her at 56 inches, Bruce said "50 pounder + for sure"....which put her in the top 3 or 4 biggest he and his wife have ever landed in 40 years of Musky fishing.

Keep at it HUnt and I hope you can get that 50 incher , or bigger, next time out !
Good luck to you !
I'm fishing my way through life .

Huntny30

« Reply #2245 on: Jul 09, 2016, 06:42 AM »
Some nice looking Muskies Hunt. Great Job.
I fished for Musky near Cape Vincent last fall with 2 friends and I was lucky and caught a freshwater game fish of a lifetime! ...and earned a beautiful Mike Ringer Print from the "Save the River" foundation for documenting a successful catch and release of a legal sized NY State Musky which is at 54 inches now. It was a super thrill and rush to watch her thrashing on the surface right after the strike then completely clear the water on an awesome jump right near the boat ! Then the biggest thrill as we watched her swim down and away on the release after a brief revival .
We taped her at 56 inches, Bruce said "50 pounder + for sure"....which put her in the top 3 or 4 biggest he and his wife have ever landed in 40 years of Musky fishing.

Keep at it HUnt and I hope you can get that 50 incher , or bigger, next time out !
Good luck to you !

That had to be awesome Choo Choo...they are such a mysterious fish...yours was double the weight of the 49"er I caught...she was 26 pounds...

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2246 on: Jul 10, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Very nice fish. Thanks for sharing....h2l

reeleyz

« Reply #2247 on: Jul 11, 2016, 08:22 AM »
Awful quiet on here...

I ran the boilermaker 15K with my brother in law yesterday. That was a blast as usual and the weather was perfect. Good times.

Racer268

« Reply #2248 on: Jul 11, 2016, 08:33 AM »
Good going Bruce. 

Wife and I have skipped the past few years.  Kinda not the same with out our kids involved.  Gotta get back to it.  Always a fun time.

reeleyz

« Reply #2249 on: Jul 11, 2016, 12:47 PM »
Good going Bruce. 

Wife and I have skipped the past few years.  Kinda not the same with out our kids involved.  Gotta get back to it.  Always a fun time.

Maybe one of these years we will both be there at the same time.  ;D

It will be a lot of fun when my oldest gets a little bigger.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.