FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481189 times)

Chowdaire

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2400 on: Aug 03, 2016, 08:37 AM »
Chow it's been so hot lately it just takes the fun out of it for me , guess I'll never be a snow bunny lol

Yeah. After living 4 years in Phoenix, AZ, and 14 years in SE Asia I'll never look at the heat here the same. This would be the cool season over there so I'm fine with it as long as the wind or rain doesn't mess with my fishing time.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2401 on: Aug 03, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Chow , I have never been a fan of the heat , I couldn't imagine how that must have been ,
After 35 years doing site work , and pipe in trench boxes that was enough for me,  give me 3" of ice to walk on  ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2402 on: Aug 03, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Chow , I have never been a fan of the heat , I couldn't imagine how that must have been ,
After 35 years doing site work , and pipe in trench boxes that was enough for men, give me 3" of ice to walk on  ;D
We need a Like This Post Option Mods.... Just sayin, sorry I shouted.

Chowdaire

« Reply #2403 on: Aug 03, 2016, 07:36 PM »
After 35 years doing site work , and pipe in trench boxes that was enough for men, give me 3" of ice to walk on  ;D

Luckily I wasn't doing physical labor over there. The worst part was probably constantly going from 95deg 98% humidity into 60deg air conditioning.

My first job when I got back here was working for an electrician. I thought it was all joining up wires. Boy was I wrong. Watching those guys bust their butts digging trenches, running conduit, pulling wire. That's some back breaking work. A retirement well earned.

scout57

« Reply #2404 on: Aug 03, 2016, 07:51 PM »
Luckily I wasn't doing physical labor over there. The worst part was probably constantly going from 95deg 98% humidity into 60deg air conditioning.

My first job when I got back here was working for an electrician. I thought it was all joining up wires. Boy was I wrong. Watching those guys bust their butts digging trenches, running conduit, pulling wire. That's some back breaking work. A retirement well earned.
[/quotethank you Chow.......35 years was plenty for me.......still do side work though....just not the really hard stuff ;D......mostly the joining up wire thing ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #2405 on: Aug 05, 2016, 03:22 PM »
Well today was not good , ended up catching 2 eyes , a sheep and a few perch , water is badly stained , poor visibility
Jigging in this heat was tough on this ol buzzard , water temp when we quit was at 80.2
On a brighter note I found a huge flock of sheep so next week maybe I'll go out and target them for a day or 2  ;D

touge30

« Reply #2406 on: Aug 05, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Can you eat those things or strictly C&R

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

filetandrelease

« Reply #2408 on: Aug 05, 2016, 09:00 PM »
Can you eat those things or strictly C&R
they are eatable but are on the strong side and rubbery
I'm strickly C&R , Oneida does have some big ones , snags cat Cratty thinks they are pretty tastey  ;D

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #2409 on: Aug 05, 2016, 09:42 PM »

http://www.miseagrant.umich.edu/news/2015/07/10/freshwater-drum-are-fun-to-catch-but-can-you-eat-them/
I have eaten them on occasion....my method was usuALLY CUT INTO SMALL PIECES then deep f rying...Actually pretty good as long as you trim the "mud line" out.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2410 on: Aug 06, 2016, 07:02 AM »
Now that just proves that breading does help , those drum mainly feed on zebra mussels in Oneida  :sick:
But like I always say if somebody likes something that's fine , so eat hearty my friends  ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2411 on: Aug 06, 2016, 03:47 PM »

In case anyones been wondering where I been, I've been out photographing storms and clouds and stuff, working on my photography this summer, heres a timelapse I made of the northern lights, watch in 720.  or 1080 if available. Fish on boys.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ugyYHnGqo
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2412 on: Aug 06, 2016, 04:06 PM »
Nice work. Thanks for sharing....h2l

reeleyz

« Reply #2413 on: Aug 06, 2016, 05:03 PM »
Very nice video Shane.

Dug1898

« Reply #2414 on: Aug 06, 2016, 06:30 PM »
Nice Shane, that was kool watching the Big Dipper move around in the sky and the shooting stars were especially kool.

Here's a link to spotting the International Space Station, maybe you'll catch a glimse at that some night.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=United_States&region=New_York&city=Syracuse#.V6ZyaNQrL4Z

hope that works... :-\ ...Just copy and paste it into a new browser window... :-\
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.