FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481000 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2670 on: Sep 30, 2016, 06:25 PM »
What do the perch like the best in minnows?
I'm guessing that you want to know what kind of minnow perch like best, and I never met a perch that didn't like the ole Fathead ;) They seem to be fond of gobies as well ::) ::)

KingPerch

« Reply #2671 on: Sep 30, 2016, 08:21 PM »
Yo KP,

I loved the first article you referenced. Please note the one conservationist comment.  “They have beautiful blue eyes, and are fun to watch".  All I know is the nesting population on the Carl Island at Sandy Pond has diminished from previous years. It may be a good sign or a bad sign, (meaning they have already depleted the food source)
Yo, Mr. POPULAR! Clean out your mailbox!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

elrodalonzo

« Reply #2672 on: Oct 02, 2016, 07:36 AM »
I'm guessing that you want to know what kind of minnow perch like best, and I never met a perch that didn't like the ole Fathead ;) They seem to be fond of gobies as well ::) ::)
That's correct DD thanks for the reply.  I have caught perch on all types of minnows but they seem to prefer the smaller ones.  I have even caught some of Seneca Lakes elephant perch on large sawbellies by accident while laker fishing. Looks like the perch bite is heating up as the weather cools down.

Jakep138

« Reply #2673 on: Oct 02, 2016, 12:18 PM »
Flew solo this am and limited out on true jumbos early . Perch bite is on fire .

Just put me on ice and ill find water!

oatkasut

« Reply #2674 on: Oct 02, 2016, 12:38 PM »
looks like 51 to me! ;D ;D those are nice ones.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2675 on: Oct 02, 2016, 12:55 PM »
That's correct DD thanks for the reply.  I have caught perch on all types of minnows but they seem to prefer the smaller ones.  I have even caught some of Seneca Lakes elephant perch on large sawbellies by accident while laker fishing. Looks like the perch bite is heating up as the weather cools down.

Emeralds

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2676 on: Oct 02, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Great job Jake. They taste way better than what I caught yesterday..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #2677 on: Oct 02, 2016, 04:58 PM »
nice perch tried Honeoye for them today but none but got about a dozen big gills till rain soaked us

reeleyz

« Reply #2678 on: Oct 02, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Nice haul Jake!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2679 on: Oct 03, 2016, 04:24 AM »

Nice mess of perch jake 8)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2680 on: Oct 03, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Great mess of fish Jake!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

filetandrelease

« Reply #2681 on: Oct 03, 2016, 08:04 AM »

Well done jake

Dug1898

« Reply #2682 on: Oct 03, 2016, 08:33 AM »
Youre lookin like a Pro Jake...nice mess of perch man! :o
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Jakep138

« Reply #2683 on: Oct 03, 2016, 10:51 AM »
Thanks guys just did a weight of fillets after cleaning 9 pounds of fillets after all said and done .. Very impressed with this years perch out on lake . By far best batch I've ever pulled . Looks like my little guy will be happy to have a fresh perch dinner after school . They are his favorite
Just put me on ice and ill find water!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2684 on: Oct 03, 2016, 04:36 PM »
got out finally !! started out at onieda shores launch. got down to bouy 133. anchored up, and started to fish. had a couple hits, and kept hearing a noise in the bow. it was a good size hornet nest full of upset off bees !!! I pulled the anchor pretty quick, and hauled butt back to brewerton !! ran over to the house, and got the bee spray, and put a full can in the bow. about 40 dead hornets !! got the mess cleaned up, and headed back out. went back to bouy 133. couldn't find the fish, so I went prospecting. went all the way around the islands, over to johnsons bay, and all the way back to brewerton just puttin along watching the fish finder. marked 3 fish in 12 miles of water !!! what the heck is going on ?? I know that 5 day blow scaterd the fish, but I didn't see any fish to scater !!! going to wait a couple days, and give it a go again. I guess that's why they call it fishin...  water temp is 65.   Sully...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.