FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1481085 times)

Bluegillonafly

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #2715 on: Oct 12, 2016, 03:31 PM »
I tried it this morning at Boggy's spot.  He caught them all!  Lots of boats packed into one area so I decided to break away and try some water a short distance away. I was drifting and caught a couple nice ones so anchored.  Got into them - for about 20 min. and then it died.  It was late morning by then so I think they just shut off as Boggy said that's the way it's been for him.  Came home with a dozen nice perch so I'm happy.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2716 on: Oct 12, 2016, 04:24 PM »
So your saying everyone was on Jims spot  :) you'll get them next time 🎣

mcully

« Reply #2717 on: Oct 12, 2016, 04:31 PM »
East was good again today 4 hours and 100 in the box. Dropped anchor and never moved. Really slow dragging fathead did majority. Fire line w a leader helped feel the soft pickup. 23' water 10-2pm

filetandrelease

« Reply #2718 on: Oct 12, 2016, 05:24 PM »

Great job , I guess you won't need to go ice fishing ,   ;)

lowaccord66

« Reply #2719 on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Man all this meat talk really makes me want to take a ride out there.  Never fished the place...one day.  Who doesnt love slab perch?

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #2720 on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:42 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

I got there a little late this AM. You were right. At least three boats near or on my spot. I had the Redhead with me so we worked around the edges. I had planned on going to Cayuga today but promised the Redhead we would really clean up at Oneida. mculley is dead on  about the soft pick up.  All was not lost. We still managed a very respectable 43 jumbo's between the two of us. Great day to be on the water. Most of the damage was done at 21 fow today. Got a few strays bopping around.  Sorry I missed you bluegillionafly. Next time. :thumbup_smilie:

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2721 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:25 PM »
went back out this afternoon for a couple hours. finished off my limit with 17 nice perch. beautiful day to be on the water !!   Sully...

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #2722 on: Oct 13, 2016, 04:20 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Do you believe this weather?  Last year I had winterized and put my boat up on blocks at this time. What a pity. Great bite at Oneida and Cayuga. I hope I did not deplete the resources for ice fishing too much haha. Besides that, The 10 inchers I threw back in should be 12 inchers by January, right? I kept just enough to fill the upstairs freezer and have left room in the downstairs freezer for red meat. Yup, Saturday starts muzzle load season up north. Looks like the temps are going to cool down as well.  In any event I will still get the Otter 2 man out a couple of evenings to see if I can find them nocturnal walleyes Freddy and Sully are always talking about. I am getting too old to wade anymore, besides that, the right foot on my waders have developed a leak that I can't find until I get in the water and then it is quite apparent.  The leak  is somewhere on the right foot, duh!. Might get out a few more times if I can get my deer early. Hear that Eddy? Singular  as in one, not 5.  

mcully

« Reply #2723 on: Oct 13, 2016, 04:27 AM »
Great job , I guess you won't need to go ice fishing ,   ;)
Can't wait for ice. The bags of fillets mysteriously disappear so fast none get frozen.  I hunt a few properties that none of the guys are fisherman so it's a really nice trade off. If anything does end up in the freezer 2 adult children seem to find them on a regular basis. Hope the fall eye bite gets going so I don't have to clean as many fish to get the same weight. Tried popping blades deep for an hour yesterday but nothing. Water surface temp was down to 61.
I'm using 6lb braid with a small barrel swivel, about a 4' leader with 2 gold hook long shank snelled hooks and about a 3/8 ounce sinker on the bottom with a soft tipped light or ultra BP 7' micro rod. The bottom hook lies about a couple inches above the sinker with the second about the length of the snell above that. My buddy uses the same set up but also had a mono rod and once we had our limit and I was cleaning the boat up he tried casting the mono set up to the same area we had been slamming them and he didn't hook one in five casts. Dropped over the side of the boat the mono was fine but casting just didn't get it done like the braid with a very short trial. We had one great flurry with fish over the side of the boat pulling in doubles but most damage was casting.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2724 on: Oct 13, 2016, 05:19 AM »

Good luck with the wood goats guys
Mcully your dead on with the braid and leader tough to beat

KingPerch

« Reply #2725 on: Oct 13, 2016, 05:20 AM »
I never met a perch...I didn't like!😈 End of story!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

railman19

« Reply #2726 on: Oct 13, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Boggy,

Hello long time since we talked if your hunting at your camp your more than welcome too come over and hunt my 110 acres also.
I am leaving in the morning for Newfoundland and wont be hunting there were quite a few deer around also when i get back i have too have surgery so help yourself if you want too hunt!

Good Luck, Railman19

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #2727 on: Oct 14, 2016, 04:07 AM »
Yo  Railman,

Thank you very much for your kind offer.  Have a great trip. Yes, it has been a long time since we talked. Hopefully I can drop one on Saturday and again turn my attentions back to fishing. My prayers are with you and your family for a successful surgery my friend. When you get back I would love to hunt with you. Keep me posted Railman. Check your PM bud.

Boggey

cobber

« Reply #2728 on: Oct 14, 2016, 06:52 AM »
Can anyone suggest a baitshop that has minnows on the south or east side of the lake?  Thanks!

NYSportxman

« Reply #2729 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Can anyone suggest a baitshop that has minnows on the south or east side of the lake?  Thanks!

Not sure if they currently have minnows, but...

Lakeshore bait and tackle on Lakeshore Road (near Williams Beach)
Cookies bait and tackle on 298 in Bridgeport
East Shore Bait and tackle in Sylvan (east end)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.