FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1480626 times)

yellowned

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #3945 on: Jul 25, 2017, 05:59 PM »
whats up with the gobies this year. last year they were everywhere. didn't
see 1 this year. I'm currently not complaining. don't need them here. just wonder
if there in great numbers this year or if winter or the perch population has
had a effect on them?

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3946 on: Jul 25, 2017, 10:20 PM »
Got out tonight with Snag and his buddy Wayno. Slow start to the jig bite. We had to salvage our night at dark with a couple of flurries at 2 different spots. Got our limits but got a little wet out there tonight! 
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #3947 on: Jul 26, 2017, 05:18 AM »
Well done guys!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3948 on: Jul 26, 2017, 07:26 AM »
Hey Bobby like your buddy says (never give up) :w00t:

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3949 on: Jul 26, 2017, 07:35 AM »
Hey Bobby like your buddy says (never give up) :w00t:
Yeeeessssssss!! I love it 😂😂
Nice job findin em

LooseEye90

« Reply #3950 on: Jul 26, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Hi guys, great thread and some nice reports!

Since I left Buffalo a few years ago I have been targeting Onieda as a meet up/guys weekend. We want to hit it sometime in late September as a kinda midpoint with my 3 fishing buddies. This year it finally looks possible.  If you had a preference on cabin/rental location that time of year I'd love the input.

We have seen a few places available but some seem a haul from what I would think is better water. I'd appreciate any input you onieda pros have and welcome a PM too. Looking forward to spending some time with old friends and want to pick the best location for the time of year (weather/prevailing winds, lake conditions etc)

Thanks in advance folks

jlucky

« Reply #3951 on: Jul 26, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Hi guys, great thread and some nice reports!

Since I left Buffalo a few years ago I have been targeting Onieda as a meet up/guys weekend. We want to hit it sometime in late September as a kinda midpoint with my 3 fishing buddies. This year it finally looks possible.  If you had a preference on cabin/rental location that time of year I'd love the input.

We have seen a few places available but some seem a haul from what I would think is better water. I'd appreciate any input you onieda pros have and welcome a PM too. Looking forward to spending some time with old friends and want to pick the best location for the time of year (weather/prevailing winds, lake conditions etc)

Thanks in advance folks
Check out Three pines Lodging and Marina it is close to Sylvan Beach and has a safe harbor . The owners are awesome. 315-245-3830. They have a Facebook page as well. https://www.facebook.com/threepineslodgingandmarina/?hc_ref=ARQSWLEQt1YrDFbqBbpF3v89VvJ_CwwToiMdcN-1HDQ-ljzHMc6a-_b9m0D7fh8taFE

filetandrelease

« Reply #3952 on: Jul 26, 2017, 02:28 PM »

3 pines is nice and on the east end of the lake
  APPS in Cleveland is on the north shore , not the ritz but cozy place with small marina , we all play the wind game 😉
1-315-675-8334 Rick&Peg owners

LooseEye90

« Reply #3953 on: Jul 26, 2017, 05:58 PM »
Thanks guys. Didn't see the three pines before but could be due to our short stay of three nights. Looks awesome but In HomeAway they appear to only rent by the week, which I get. Might give them a call anyway and see what they say. Thanks again!

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #3954 on: Jul 26, 2017, 09:47 PM »
Few pictures from the last 5 or 6 outings. Not too crazy but not horrible for the middle of the summer. These arent oneida lake fish. Headed north for some R&R on the St Lawrence for a long weekend starting tomorrow.

Screen loaded with crappies

Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #3955 on: Jul 26, 2017, 09:54 PM »
Well apparently photobucket wont let me share pictures anymore unless I pay them. What a bunch of dirty sockcuckers.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3956 on: Jul 26, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Andy try IMGUR , hope you have all your pics backed up or they may try and hold them hostage 😉 I always look forward to your pics

fishinjohn

« Reply #3957 on: Jul 27, 2017, 05:11 AM »
I called apps on short notice and they had a place available.. well worth the money for the apartment and super good people

filetandrelease

« Reply #3958 on: Jul 27, 2017, 06:06 AM »
Fishin john
Glad you had a successful trip and stay
Got out last evening with deady and snag for some jigging , lake was very green with the visibility of about 18-24"s ,I was very surprised that they were able to find their mark , the weather was very pleasant with a very light breeze

iceman260

« Reply #3959 on: Jul 27, 2017, 07:28 AM »
Got out on onieda, first time this year. Fished out from Godfries 30 ft.of water.caught 4 sheeps, one big bass, two cats and a white perch, all on jigs. Couldn't get a walleye to hit, fished from 7a.m. to 3p.m. maybe next time I will fish evening bite. Also had one huge fish that kept taking drag out that came off, never did see what it was.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.